Lofoten Islands isn't even one whole island.

Noodlesocks
2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
The concept exploration made the map look interesting with small hamlet like islands connected to each other but from the gamescom footage, it looks like these 'islands' is actually just a small coastal section of one single island? Am I missing something here?

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it's the area of the Halvoy I think it is, I don't think we'll really get any island hopping gameplay per se. There will be some geography and structures that do give you a similar vibe though.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only thing I can hope is when Pacific comes with Boats they will expand this map. Would be nice
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well.. the game doesn't support any sort of naval combat yet so the sea itself is just a part of landscape unfortunately.
    It's still funny to me how mercury has the whole island near the beach but you can't reach it.
  • Noodlesocks
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do we go from this:
    and

to this?:

The old footage looks like the map could support a decent sized conquest map with or without naval.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How do we go from this:(Image)
    and to this?: (Image)

The old footage looks like the map could support a decent sized conquest map with or without naval.

I have a simple explanation. This is Battlefield. When the community saw the big fall island map we freaked out and demanded to play on half of it, a small intimate experience.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do we go from this:
    and

to this?:

The first two pictures be sweet for conquest.  Each island would be a flag for conquest.  Could be the biggest map yet.  A,B,C,D,E,F,G.  With boats and planes and tanks.
  • Noodlesocks
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    How do we go from this:
    and

to this?:

The first two pictures be sweet for conquest.  Each island would be a flag for conquest.  Could be the biggest map yet.  A,B,C,D,E,F,G.  With boats and planes and tanks.
    Yeah, what had been shown a couple of months ago of the map looked like it could easily have hosted 5 flags. I definitely remember them showing gameplay of an area that isn't part of what we saw at gamescom so I really do hope that they are planning on adapting it for conquest and breakthrough at some point.
  • jroggs
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I downloaded BF4 recently and was blown away by Paracel Storm. Amazingly atmospheric with unique map flow. I was hoping Lofoten Islands could deliver something similar, and we'd get to use footbridges, Kolibris, and Schwimmwagens to bounce from island to island.

Instead, Lofoten Islands looks like a section of Firestorm Halvoy that wouldn't even be a named area. We've suggested that DICE could slice up some areas of Halvoy to use for the main game, and DICE supposedly didn't want to do this because it would be cheap. But this? This is worse. They did more work to create something objectively derivative and inferior to what they could have had for free. I mean, look at it. Why are we supposed to be fighting for control of that? Just a big rock with the most boring reused assets, created only for modes people mostly don't care about.

Nannahavn is a more interesting MP map than this. Minerva Docks is a more interesting MP map than this. And there are many sections of Halvoy that could be 32v32 with minimal effort. Baldr's Point-Friggatind. Halvdeler-Halvoy Dam. Hodstad-Arctic Lake-Dome. So much potential there, the majority of the work is already done, and most BFV players never see it because Firestorm just doesn't appeal to them.
  • bran1986
    5650 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently the tdm and sqc modes take place on different parts of the map. Why not bridge the two and make a conquest map?
  • dinobass
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I bet the new maps were designed for the 5v5 mode and are just being dumped into the game now as squad conquest/TDM/dom.  The fact that the devs didn't spend the effort to expand the maps to support 32v32 doesn't bode well for the future.  Actually, nothing that DICE has released in memory bodes well.
  • Vespervin
    1307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do we go from this:
    and

to this?:

Deja vu.

• xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice if they can expand the map with boats and planes just like Albion in BF1.
  • baroncrovax
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 26
    The thing about Monster Island is it's actually a peninsula.
  • zenn_nme
    798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's a shame, I really expected something like BF4's Paracel Storm or Lost Islands. :/
    Maybe with a couple of Schwimmwagen's thrown in for convenient coast hopping...
  • Noodlesocks
    zenn_nme said:
    That's a shame, I really expected something like BF4's Paracel Storm or Lost Islands. :/
    Maybe with a couple of Schwimmwagen's thrown in for convenient coast hopping...
    From the old footage I had been imagining a smaller scale, infantry focused wake island. Maybe some planes and transport boats but I guess the map is just going to be yet another missed opportunity :|
  • Tosasan_HUN
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin said:
    Deja vu.

the different Noshahr Canals got conquest mode whit bigger land its not as good as aTDM mode but  better then nothing.
  • Vespervin
    1307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin said:
    Deja vu.

the different Noshahr Canals got conquest mode whit bigger land its not as good as aTDM mode but  better then nothing.
    My post highlights how they show one thing but what you get is not what you expected.