Weekly BF

Can I get someone to give me tips on what I'm doing right or wrong?

MadMaxabillion
16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited August 31
This is my latest gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnZL2EfLuwc&feature=youtu.be

I just want some tips on how I can improve 

New latest gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZHF8dBbXTc
Post edited by MadMaxabillion on

Comments

• HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Titan_Awaken has given you great advice above. One thing I will add when it comes to spotting, in rush you can call in a artillery strike at the objective. Any enemies that are spotted will be targeted by the strike which can be a great help against tanks.
  • Ronin9572
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All good tips above! Spam the spotting button. Even if you can't take a shot at the enemy, someone sure can. Don't be afraid to ask for ammo, or a medic heal. You'll be amazed how many ppl help(and don't). It's good for you, them and the team in general! It takes some skill as a scout to be able to stay with your squad, just keep sending up flares. And if your a scout hanging back, use your spotting periscope. It's an underrated tool for sure, and marks out whole enemies bodies to all teammates. Find out what class works best in different situations and play to the class strong points and yours as well. Just remember it's a game and it's all about having fun. But hey we all get frustrated from time to time. BF1 has been a great way to relieve stress and forget about the troubles in life. Enjoy!
  • MadMaxabillion
    edited August 25
    Ok, it looks like you're playing on PC. 

Improvement areas:

- The single best piece of advice I can give you is to start spotting! Spot! Spot! and Spot! This not only helps out yourself but the rest of your team. You can spot enemies by pressing "Q" on your keyboard and a small red triangle will appear above their head, effectively giving away their location. This may seem insignificant and cumbersome at first but it's absolutely vital for both you and your team. Spam "Q" whenever you can but be wanred, there's a very small cooldown between multiple spots.

I see you've taken a liking to the Scout class which is good. As a Scout, you possess the single most strategic gadget at your disposal: The Spotting Flare. You may think it's useless or dumb but the spotting flare effectively spots everyone within a certain radius of your flare shot. That's a huge advantage for both you and your team. Familiarise yourself to using the Spotting Flare until you remember it like the palm of your hand. On another note, don't stay in one spot for too long as a Scout, empty one mag or two and change to new position. 

- Also try to avoid wide, open areas with no cover. The map you're playing on (Fao Fortress) is pretty open as maps go so try to take a path with plenty of cover as you're advancing through the map. You'll never know when an enemy decides to engage you so be ready by finding cover.

- Don't immediately skip to the spawn screen after you're killed. Wait a couple of seconds and see if a medic is nearby to revive you. Deaths don't actually count until you go back to the spawn screen. 

---

Good areas:

- It seems you know how to play the objective which is a good habit. Just don't blindly charge into the objective without scouting the area first or you could be picked off.

- I see you've also grasped a good basic understanding of class roles. In a nutshell: As Assault, you want to be play proactively and get up close and personal to enemy but you should also know when to back down. As Medic, you want to be constantly handing out medkits to heal yourself and others and of course, revive. As Support, you want to be constantly handing out ammo to your teammates and lay down suppressive fire on the enemy. And finally as Scout, you should be constantly spotting, using the Spotting Flare and picking off single enemies from a distance. You've grasped most of these roles but keep on reinforcing them until it becomes second nature. 

Miscellaneous tips:

- I see you don't have the killfeed on. I know it clutters the screen somewhat but by turning your killfeed setting to "NEAR BY" in the settings, you'll get a good idea of what's happening around your immediately vicinity. It's good telemetry!

- You'll also want to turn on damage based hit markers in the settings. For example, changing your headshot hit marker to a different colour to your body shot hit marker. Visual feedback is quite important.

- If you're ever squad leader (you'll know because you'll have a star next to your username), place attack/defend objectives on flags by pressing Q on a flag. You'll earn points for yourself and the rest of the squad for completing these objectives.

- Listen for footsteps in the game and then look at your minimap. If you hear footsteps but don't see any friendlies on your minimap, there's an enemy nearby. Disengage whatever you're doing right now and try to neutralise the enemy if you can. If you hear multiple footsteps with no friendlies, RUN!.
    Okay, thanks. And about spotting, how long does the spotting last? I feel like it doesn't last very long until the enemy is no longer spotted... and sometimes my teammates don't appear on my minimap, even when they're right next to me?
    And I've put out another video, idk if I'm right or wrong for criticising the tank at the end there, it looked like he was kinda just standing still doing nothing in the fortress, and no one was bothering to take out the guy in the tower that picked everyone off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftpUceq8rg&feature=youtu.be
    Post edited by MadMaxabillion on
  • Skill4Reel
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow!  I never fail to be amazed when I watch Battlefield footage.  This is a team game, and nothing shows it more than the sequence in your video starting at 8:08.  I can't make comments about your play without directing them at the entire team.  After you died in the building, look at the map while the objective is armed.  There are four of your teammates in front of the objective that seem to be making a very lazy attempt to go back and disarm it.  Even though they are in the perfect position to push behind the enemy players that are in the objective area.  It actually looks like two of them start to move towards the enemy spawn in the opposite direction of the objective.  While the others just stop moving all together.    

I noticed once when you went to the scoreboard that six out of eleven people on your team were playing recon.  Most of them camping somewhere behind the objectives.  That just isn't going to get it done.  Your team is spending too much time behind the objectives which is a terrible strategy for preventing the other team from getting to them.  Which should be the main priority on defense.  Your main line of defense in rush should be in front of the objectives, but still close enough that you can disarm in case someone slips through. 

Too many people seem to think that playing defense in rush (Operations as well) means that they don't have to be aggressive or active.  Your team always stands a better chance when you are able to push the attacking team backwards.  Instead of letting them run in and arm the objectives whenever they want.  The team that is stagnant or moving backwards is always at a disadvantage.    
    Where you are behind the rock at 14:17 in the video is a bad spot.  Being there gives your team no advantage at all.  You don't only need to be able to see the objective, but you need to see the path that leads to it. 
  • Moorlander
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As already mentioned the biggie is spotting. You tended to run through the predictable kill zone from spawn point to flag, try flanking maybe. It is a map full of snipers and you were using non sniper scout rifles; marksman rifles are obselete as they give glare, you may as well go the whole hog sniper x10 on a map like that. You switched class and weapons a lot. The scout weapons in particular have different ranges for different purposes, they also have different bullet velocities and drop, frequent switching any weapone means that it is not easy to fully master it. The stationary weapons are a snipers dream on this map, they will kill you, avoid them or you will get picked off before you can do much at all ( the exception perhaps being on a distant AA shooting down big bombers).Playing aggressively is fine but you have to ask 'what' is your objective. If it is to defend or claim an objective, fine but if it is for kills or because you think you should, maybe you shouldn't. Stop, think, play strategically. Think in advance what gun likely to be best for the job rather than try various ones and expect to do well. I have two or three prefered load outs per class and rarely if ever deviate .This enables you to cover a number of senarios quickly. The only caveat is that you need to know which weapons work best for you in the first place.
  • V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 29
    I’m a bit more harsh with my criticism because I have almost a million points in rush. Rush is probably one of the only modes you can carry in on this game. I recommend setting the pace early with pushes under smoke. Most defensive players on rush will run Scout so you have an advantage on maps like Fao. Counter running scout will not help you win matches because I can guarantee you 1 or more of your blueberries is running with the same loadout taking potshots at the other players leaving less point pushes. Also if you plan on running scout may I suggest using a faster firing pistol, the obrez is great with any other class, you are gimping yourself in CQB running a two sniper load-out. Best classes for rush are support and medic, support can rain down smoke for pushes with short cooldown for resupply and medic class is good for mid and long range combat as well as stopping ticket bleed in close matches.
  • research-kitchen
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 30
    What they said ^  Know your surroundings, always try to shoot from cover.  Your accuracy seemed to be all over the place maybe slow mouse speed down.  You can also enlarge the mini map"easier to see not all cluttered"  I think mine is at 125%.  Change your cross hair color, I put mine to bright pink that way it doesn't blend in with anything.
  • the_yakuza17
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not a Rush player - mostly Conquest and Operations - but I think I can provide some tips. 

I would suggest sticking to one class for now so you can focus on improving with that class' strengths and learn its weaknesses. As you get better, you can migrate and learn other classes. Once you're confident with multiple classes, you can help you team the most by looking to see what class your team needs to help it be more successful. For instance, in Operations, if my team seems to be lacking medics while on the attack, I'll switch to medic to give my team a better chance of winning. If I notice that there's a lack of ammo available during an attack, I'll switch over to support to provide ammo for my team. 

Oh and like others have already stated: spot, spot, spot enemies!!!
  • amkingchar
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These are some good tips but mainly for scouting I see you went there a couple of times what I do that might be useful is obviously what everybody says spam "Q" and "ADAD" also don't rush the spotting flare! Another things that can be useful for every class is to not go prone but only in situations that you feel like there is 0 danger ! Going prone makes you a more easier target for a 1 shot sniper ! 

Some times is better to get the assist or the spot points instead of the kill so use the flare when you know there will be trouble for example an objective that is getting taken by the enemy ! Also in BF1 we are lucky to have the sweet spot which I think is chest and above but it changes when you have some distance so shooting from the one edge of the map to the other you might get 60+ dmg ! 

So either way try to go for the chest or mainly the head ! Going for the head will also help for every class but also for BFV if you are willing to go there ! But in general one things that is debatable is rushing sometimes not rushing is the key but going aggressive is another ! If you prefer staying back will give u chance to spot and act towards the other team but you will be like a beacon to them if you are aggressive you minimize the chances of survival but also you are not staying still so makes you a less vulnerable target ! Well as I said is debatable so it;s up to you to decide !!  
  • MadMaxabillion
    As already mentioned the biggie is spotting. You tended to run through the predictable kill zone from spawn point to flag, try flanking maybe. It is a map full of snipers and you were using non sniper scout rifles; marksman rifles are obselete as they give glare, you may as well go the whole hog sniper x10 on a map like that. You switched class and weapons a lot. The scout weapons in particular have different ranges for different purposes, they also have different bullet velocities and drop, frequent switching any weapone means that it is not easy to fully master it. The stationary weapons are a snipers dream on this map, they will kill you, avoid them or you will get picked off before you can do much at all ( the exception perhaps being on a distant AA shooting down big bombers).Playing aggressively is fine but you have to ask 'what' is your objective. If it is to defend or claim an objective, fine but if it is for kills or because you think you should, maybe you shouldn't. Stop, think, play strategically. Think in advance what gun likely to be best for the job rather than try various ones and expect to do well. I have two or three prefered load outs per class and rarely if ever deviate .This enables you to cover a number of senarios quickly. The only caveat is that you need to know which weapons work best for you in the first place.
    Yeah I do this all the time, I plan what weapon would work well for where I'm pushing, I try my best to not get greedy for kills, and I just only push objectives if we need to, or I'll defend the telegraph. But my teammates are just idiots and stay back or just want kills and don't bother saving the objective.
  • MadMaxabillion
    V2Face said:
    I’m a bit more harsh with my criticism because I have almost a million points in rush. Rush is probably one of the only modes you can carry in on this game. I recommend setting the pace early with pushes under smoke. Most defensive players on rush will run Scout so you have an advantage on maps like Fao. Counter running scout will not help you win matches because I can guarantee you 1 or more of your blueberries is running with the same loadout taking potshots at the other players leaving less point pushes. Also if you plan on running scout may I suggest using a faster firing pistol, the obrez is great with any other class, you are gimping yourself in CQB running a two sniper load-out. Best classes for rush are support and medic, support can rain down smoke for pushes with short cooldown for resupply and medic class is good for mid and long range combat as well as stopping ticket bleed in close matches.
    What's CQB?
  • MadMaxabillion
    These are some good tips but mainly for scouting I see you went there a couple of times what I do that might be useful is obviously what everybody says spam "Q" and "ADAD" also don't rush the spotting flare! Another things that can be useful for every class is to not go prone but only in situations that you feel like there is 0 danger ! Going prone makes you a more easier target for a 1 shot sniper ! 

Some times is better to get the assist or the spot points instead of the kill so use the flare when you know there will be trouble for example an objective that is getting taken by the enemy ! Also in BF1 we are lucky to have the sweet spot which I think is chest and above but it changes when you have some distance so shooting from the one edge of the map to the other you might get 60+ dmg ! 

So either way try to go for the chest or mainly the head ! Going for the head will also help for every class but also for BFV if you are willing to go there ! But in general one things that is debatable is rushing sometimes not rushing is the key but going aggressive is another ! If you prefer staying back will give u chance to spot and act towards the other team but you will be like a beacon to them if you are aggressive you minimize the chances of survival but also you are not staying still so makes you a less vulnerable target ! Well as I said is debatable so it;s up to you to decide !!  
    What guns are one shot snipers? I thought there was only the Martini Henry?
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Most of the sniper rifles have the one shot sweet spot, if I remember correctly it’s only the Gewehr M.95 that doesn’t. But it makes up for the lack of a sweet spot with its fast rate of fire and the ability to keep ADS between shots making it a great aggressive scout rifle.

If you wanting to stay near the squad as a sniper the rifles I would recommend are Gewehr M.95, Lee Enfield or the Ross rifle.

But the class I would recommend to a new player would be the medic class. It has a good range of SLR so the medic has a gun for every map and the health pack will keep you alive for longer. The Autoloading extended is a beast and possibly my all time favourite gun in BF.

• MadMaxabillion
    robmcewen said:
    (Quote)

Most of the sniper rifles have the one shot sweet spot, if I remember correctly it’s only the Gewehr M.95 that doesn’t. But it makes up for the lack of a sweet spot with its fast rate of fire and the ability to keep ADS between shots making it a great aggressive scout rifle.

If you wanting to stay near the squad as a sniper the rifles I would recommend are Gewehr M.95, Lee Enfield or the Ross rifle.

But the class I would recommend to a new player would be the medic class. It has a good range of SLR so the medic has a gun for every map and the health pack will keep you alive for longer. The Autoloading extended is a beast and possibly my all time favourite gun in BF.

In terms of accuracy, velocity and damage over long distances, what would be the best medic weapon? and what does SLR mean?
  • HANSGRUBER30
    (Quote)
    In terms of accuracy, velocity and damage over long distances, what would be the best medic weapon? and what does SLR mean?

SLR stands for self loading rifles, as for SLR with good range/velocity/accuracy/damage I would recommend these guns. Disclaimer all these recommendations are done from memory and the website Symthic has closed down so I could be talking a load of rubbish (Like I’ve ever been done before) but here we go.

Farquhar-Hill Optical/Storm has a 20 round drum magazine a good flat damage of 45 that drops off at about the 50 meter mark and the recoil isn’t bad making it easy to use. It comes in two types Optical which has a small sight to help keep track of mid range targets but is a bit harder to handle but once you’ve got the hang of it you won’t notice it. The Storm has better control but at the cost of accuracy but with the 20 round magazine you can be forgiven to miss a few shots. Both have a rate of fire of 257 rounds a minutes

https://xboxclips.com/hans gruber 30/32680c64-147d-4bdd-b970-aac6d4ed2347

Selbstladder M1916 Marksman/Optical/Factory has a 26 round magazine a flat damage of 54 which only drops off a little bit past 50 meters. Marksman comes with a optical scope that goes from 2.50 magnification to 4.00. The optical comes with a sight that can be set to 1.25 to 2.50 magnification and lastly the factory has iron sights but has the best handling of the three. The one thing I would say about the gun it (to me) has a strong visual kick to it when firing and with its 26 round the temptations to go full Rambo with it you will end up missing a lot of shots so make sure the sight has returned to the target before firing again.

Mondragon Optical/Storm/Sniper flat damage of 54 which damages doesn’t drop that much past 50 meters has 10 rounds feed by two stripper clips so will take longer to reload 4 rounds than if you were reloading 5 rounds, sometimes it’s better to fire a extra round for the faster reload. Sniper has the 2.50 to 4.00 magnification oppositions but also had a bi-pod to help steady your aim. Marksman has optical sight but no bi-pod. Storm has the best handling of all 3 and has a nice clean iron sight. All three have a fire rate of 257 it’s nice gun which can be used effectively close up or at distant on most maps.

https://xboxclips.com/hans gruber 30/5dd5884c-d4c2-4ad7-9c0e-0e2666fedeb2

Selbstlader 1906 Factory/Sniper is a medic level 10 weapon and is a bit of a skill cannon with a flat damage of 54 that doesn’t drop off that much past 50 meters. 6 round stripper clip and fire rate that will eat through them at 300 rounds a minute. I would pick a good fast firing side arm to switch to with this gun, many a time I’ve put a extra 4 bullets in to a dead opponent and had no time for a reload before his friends come looking for revenge, MLE 1903 or the classic M1911 are a go pick.

DLC Guns

RSC 1917 optical/factory has a flat damage of 63 which is one of the hardest hitting guns in the game the damage drops of at about the 60 meter mark. It’s feed by a 6 round stripper clip at the bottom of the rifle, it has slow fire rate of 164 but you want to take your time with this gun but when timing your shots right it deletes the enemy. Optical sight has the standard 1.25 to 2.50 options and has better accuracy at the cost to control. With the factory it’s the other way round better control other accuracy.

https://xboxclips.com/hans gruber 30/cd70bb43-ebdf-45e3-95e5-6c7857b28848

To unlock the RSC you will have to complete some challenges.
    RSC 1917 Optical
    In a round, perform 15 kills with the auto loading 8.35 factory.
    Perform 75 heals.
    RSC 1917 Factory
    Perform 50 kills with the M1907 SL Sweeper
    Perform 50 Rivives

It’s well worth the effort to unlock the gun and is a lot of fun plus l like the sound it makes when it takes a mans life.

General Liu rifle Factory/Storm is a unique gun in the game in that it had two firing modes. First one is a bit like the Selbstlader 1906 but the next option is to turn it in to a bolt action which can one shot kill a opponent with a head shot. The ability is balanced by the long animation of switching between the two and fact the only comes with iron sights. The SLR fire mode had a 54 damage that drops of a bit past the 50 meter mark and a fast 300 rate of fire. As with the Sebstlader I would recommend a good fast firing side arm for when the enemy get two close.

To unlock the gun you will have to.
    General Liu rifle factory
    Perform 40 kills with the Mondragon Strom
    Perform 30 spuds rivives

General Liu Rifle Storm
    Perform 50 kills with the Autoloading 8.35 Marksman
    Perform 30 kills with the Rifle Grenade FRG.

Sorry I have no data on gun velocity but hope this will give you a idea of how these gun perform.

• HANSGRUBER30
    edited September 1
    Do’h! the Farquhar Hill is a DLC weapon to unlock it you will need to..

Farquhar Hill Optical
    Perform 25 kills with the M1907 SL trench
    In a round, perform 10 revives

Farquhar Hill optical
    Perform 25 head shots with the Farquhar Hill storm.
    Complete 20 squad Orders.

Ahh! @LOLGotYerTags @StarscreamUK @ragnarok013 @Carbonic The Forum gremlins have been at it agian and have stolen my above post when I edited it please can one you super cool Mods help me out and kick the gremlins so my post reappears. It was me being helpful for once and not being grump sod, first one gets a upvote and cookie.
    Post edited by HANSGRUBER30 on
  • MadMaxabillion
    robmcewen said:

Farquhar Hill Optical

Farquhar Hill optical

Ahh! @LOLGotYerTags @StarscreamUK @ragnarok013 @Carbonic The Forum gremlins have been at it agian and have stolen my above post when I edited it please can one you super cool Mods help me out and kick the gremlins so my post reappears. It was me being helpful for once and not being grump sod, first one gets a upvote and cookie.
    What should I do if some plebs are camping the telegraph while its armed and I have no way to push them without dying because they're covering all angles?
  • ElliotLH
    8574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:

Farquhar Hill Optical

Farquhar Hill optical

What should I do if some plebs are camping the telegraph while its armed and I have no way to push them without dying because they're covering all angles?
    I'd try hanging back and picking them off in the hopes that my team will push up and disarm the MCOM. Ultimately that might just be a losing game though if your team are playing passively. 

--

On the topic of medic guns and in addition to the ones already mentioned I'd also recommend looking at the Cei-Rigotti (it's the medic starter gun but it's accurate at mid-range and the full auto feature is OK at CQ), the M1907 SL Sweeper (good at close-range), Autoloading 8 .25 Extended (if you can fire fast and stay on target this gun is a beast), Howell Automatic Sniper (DLC weapon with a good ROF and is accurate both on an off the bipod) and Federov Avtomat (DLC weapon which is effectively and assault rifle).
  • MadMaxabillion
    ElliotLH said:
    robmcewen said:

Farquhar Hill Optical

Farquhar Hill optical

I'd try hanging back and picking them off in the hopes that my team will push up and disarm the MCOM. Ultimately that might just be a losing game though if your team are playing passively. 

--

On the topic of medic guns and in addition to the ones already mentioned I'd also recommend looking at the Cei-Rigotti (it's the medic starter gun but it's accurate at mid-range and the full auto feature is OK at CQ), the M1907 SL Sweeper (good at close-range), Autoloading 8 .25 Extended (if you can fire fast and stay on target this gun is a beast), Howell Automatic Sniper (DLC weapon with a good ROF and is accurate both on an off the bipod) and Federov Avtomat (DLC weapon which is effectively and assault rifle).
    Yeah very commonly my team are just dumbasses and will stay back and simply allow the telegraph to be destroyed.