Weekly BF

Can I get someone to give me tips on what I'm doing right or wrong?

2»

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Yeah very commonly my team are just dumbasses and will stay back and simply allow the telegraph to be destroyed.

It's a really tough choice when that happens. If you rush in solo then chances are you're most likely just going to get mown down and if you're team aren't interested in moving up it's a gimmee for the enemy.

The only other option I can think of in that situation would be to try flanking the enemy in case you can wipe them and disarm on your own.
  • V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    What should I do if some plebs are camping the telegraph while its armed and I have no way to push them without dying because they're covering all angles?

Push with smoke and flank. Campers will most likely be camping the mcom to launch an artillery barrage which is on a short cooldown. They will be too inattentive or playing down range to notice someone harassing their backline.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Yeah very commonly my team are just dumbasses and will stay back and simply allow the telegraph to be destroyed.

Unfortunately there is no gun that can cause your team to start playing the objective. Only thing you can do is lead by example and hopefully a few teammates will join you and if that doesn’t work......team switch.
  • the_yakuza17
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    robmcewen said:
    Do’h! the Farquhar Hill is a DLC weapon to unlock it you will need to..

Farquhar Hill Optical
    Perform 25 kills with the M1907 SL trench
    In a round, perform 10 revives

Farquhar Hill optical
    Perform 25 head shots with the Farquhar Hill storm.
    Complete 20 squad Orders.

Ahh! @LOLGotYerTags @StarscreamUK @ragnarok013 @Carbonic The Forum gremlins have been at it agian and have stolen my above post when I edited it please can one you super cool Mods help me out and kick the gremlins so my post reappears. It was me being helpful for once and not being grump sod, first one gets a upvote and cookie.
    What should I do if some plebs are camping the telegraph while its armed and I have no way to push them without dying because they're covering all angles?
    I'd try hanging back and picking them off in the hopes that my team will push up and disarm the MCOM. Ultimately that might just be a losing game though if your team are playing passively. 

--

On the topic of medic guns and in addition to the ones already mentioned I'd also recommend looking at the Cei-Rigotti (it's the medic starter gun but it's accurate at mid-range and the full auto feature is OK at CQ), the M1907 SL Sweeper (good at close-range), Autoloading 8 .25 Extended (if you can fire fast and stay on target this gun is a beast), Howell Automatic Sniper (DLC weapon with a good ROF and is accurate both on an off the bipod) and Federov Avtomat (DLC weapon which is effectively and assault rifle).
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of teammates that play any game mode as if it's Team Deathmatch, concerned only with their own kills. Honestly, if I'm on a team where many players are not playing the objectives, I just quit and find a new game. It's not worth the frustration. While it's not true in all cases in my experience of 800+ hours in BF1, if you see a lot of Scout players on your team it's often a bad sign since many of them are not really pushing and playing the objective or even using spotting flares to help the team. 
  • the_yakuza17
    I watched your latest footage playing at a medic on Conquest. The M1907 Sweeper is often a good gun to use but, as you may have noticed, it's not very good at longer ranges on more open maps. Keep in mind that every time you fire, you basically tell the other team where you are. It's probably better to just spot the enemies you see but can't effectively engage and let a teammate take them out. Also, try to stay with your squad or at least your other teammates. You seem to go "Rambo" a bit too much which gets you killed a lot and gives a ticket to the other team. I admire your willingness to play the objective though! You may have noticed that when you got killed in many cases it was when you were alone going up against 2-3 enemies at once (they stick together) - your chances of surviving are slim. Remember, your main job as a medic is to heal and revive not necessarily to get tons of kills. 

In my opinion, the Autoloading .25 extended is the best all purpose medic gun. It's not great at range but it's better than the Sweeper plus it does well at close ranges due to it's faster rate of fire. The Sweeper's advantage is its ease of use (low recoil).  The Sweeper is good to use if your aim is not very good and you're trying to improve. You just have to keep in mind of the gun's limitations. 

If you see a teammate down, you can click on them to tell them you're coming to revive him (I don't know the keys on PC - I"m on PS4). That way he won't skip and your team won't lose the ticket when you revive him. If you revive 20 teammates in a game, you just saved your team 20 tickets - an important factor in turning the tide in a game of Conquest or if you're on the attacking team in Operations. 

Hope that helps and just play and have fun!
  • MadMaxabillion
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I watched your latest footage playing at a medic on Conquest. The M1907 Sweeper is often a good gun to use but, as you may have noticed, it's not very good at longer ranges on more open maps. Keep in mind that every time you fire, you basically tell the other team where you are. It's probably better to just spot the enemies you see but can't effectively engage and let a teammate take them out. Also, try to stay with your squad or at least your other teammates. You seem to go "Rambo" a bit too much which gets you killed a lot and gives a ticket to the other team. I admire your willingness to play the objective though! You may have noticed that when you got killed in many cases it was when you were alone going up against 2-3 enemies at once (they stick together) - your chances of surviving are slim. Remember, your main job as a medic is to heal and revive not necessarily to get tons of kills. 

In my opinion, the Autoloading .25 extended is the best all purpose medic gun. It's not great at range but it's better than the Sweeper plus it does well at close ranges due to it's faster rate of fire. The Sweeper's advantage is its ease of use (low recoil).  The Sweeper is good to use if your aim is not very good and you're trying to improve. You just have to keep in mind of the gun's limitations. 

If you see a teammate down, you can click on them to tell them you're coming to revive him (I don't know the keys on PC - I"m on PS4). That way he won't skip and your team won't lose the ticket when you revive him. If you revive 20 teammates in a game, you just saved your team 20 tickets - an important factor in turning the tide in a game of Conquest or if you're on the attacking team in Operations. 

Yeah I noticed the sweeper was pretty terrible. I was only using it for a weapon assignment to unlock I believe what was the RSC?
  • the_yakuza17

Yeah I noticed the sweeper was pretty terrible. I was only using it for a weapon assignment to unlock I believe what was the RSC?
    The RSC is a good gun to get since it's a two shot kill. Some claim it's overpowered because of this but I think it's a "skill cannon" since aiming can be tough with this gun, it has a slow rate of fire and only 6 rounds in its clip. If you can, work on getting the optical variant - easier to aim in my opinion. 

The Fedorov Avtomat is on the opposite end of the medic rifle scale compared to the RSC - full automatic, large magazine and good for close combat. You might want to try to get this gun too for maps like Argonne Forest and Fort de Vaux. Again, I prefer the optical variant. 
  • research-kitchen
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 7
    The RSC is a good gun to get since it's a two shot kill. Some claim it's overpowered because of this but I think it's a "skill cannon" since aiming can be tough with this gun, it has a slow rate of fire and only 6 rounds in its clip. If you can, work on getting the optical variant - easier to aim in my opinion. 

The Fedorov Avtomat is on the opposite end of the medic rifle scale compared to the RSC - full automatic, large magazine and good for close combat. You might want to try to get this gun too for maps like Argonne Forest and Fort de Vaux. Again, I prefer the optical variant. 
    I'm glad you brought up the RSC, I started only playing in the 200% damage servers.  The RSC is a 1 shot kill sniper at fairly long distances, plus I get to revive and heal so it's great if your aim is on but if it's off "your dead".  Here's a vid with the RSC and 200% damage come join us lol.    The first 40 seconds is the RSC     
  • SIy_Badger
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    Hi buddy, I watched your videos. Couple of thought I would have

1/ Take cover. Forget about sticking your head from behind the wall for more than 0.5 seconds , running around the flag, trying to look out for enemies for 10 seconds and exposing to sniper fire or just run across the map carelessly. Always think to be close to the wall, stone, etc.

2/ Flank - flanking will raise your kill rate by 300-400 % easily. Just do not rush front, take 15 seconds more and try to sneak behind the enemy, from the side. 90 % of time they will not pay attention to your steps and you will get lots of kills

3/  Spot - spotting is probably one of the most important things in this game, (next to flanking). And while flanking will raise your personal score, spotting benefits your whole team. I have spot assigned to mouse3 and click it hundreds of time every game.

4/ Use smoke granade - for me this is most underrated item ever. I have killed more people thanks to the help of smoke granade than anything else. It provides you cover when healing, it provides you smokescreen when attacking etc. If you play support with 2 x smoke nades and resupply, you can basically get dozens of kills in a row and not get killed yourself.

5/ Do not shoot planes when you are infantry (you expose yourself - smart pilot will notice where you are and come to kill you soon) and do not shoot infantry from plane tail gun either. This alerts enemy AA and support enemy who can obliterate your plane in no time. I was killed as pilot (with whole plane squad) "thanks" to such smart gunners - they think they make you a service but in reality they bring death on whole plane squad. If you want to shoot infantry, the only plane gun useful for this is front gun in medium bomber.

6/ EDIT - I am adding point 6, after reading comments above. I do not agree going sniper route is good thing. Snipers are cancer of this game - except really, really good snipers (1 per 50 or 100 observed in each game), they usually drag whole team down. Even if they kill (not so obvious, most snipers in theteam will have like 8/11 score or so), they do not rush to take flags etc. Except small flare bonus to the team, they are useless. Most of them doesnt use K bullets to scare away the tanks.  Usually first to escape when defending. And so on.  Team with 17 snipers out of 32 players is pure misery and such team will ALWAYS lose, always. Pay attention to the scoreboard after the game - snipers are almost exculsively on the bottom of the table (again, with 1 or 2 exceptions, maybe).  Play medic (amazing class) or assault/support, but sniper, nah, it is just .. boring.  But I guess this is personal.