Battlefield V will live or die with chapter 5

2»

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13714 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    NLBartmaN said:
    Judging by many people's responses to the new COD after playing,  BFV has little to worry about.
    LOl, I have only seen positive reactions and everybody loving it ... even I enjoy it (an 2vs2 only Alpha) ten times more than BF V (that is not even at Alpha state).
    that's not the consensus here : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/193092/modern-warfare-sucks-bf-has-nothing-to-worry-about#latest
  • Vespervin
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's already dead I'm afraid !!
    NOTHING CAN SAVE THIS CRAPY GAME
    Pronefield v

Call of duty modern warfare is coming
    And this is the first time I'm excited for a new call of duty and it's because of this bug infested game . EA dice are to blame.
    Judging by many people's responses to the new COD after playing,  BFV has little to worry about.
    Indeed. Thank God that Modern Warfare is going to release with only a couple of maps and one 2V2 game mode.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13714 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Vespervin said:
    Indeed. Thank God that Modern Warfare is going to release with only a couple of maps and one 2V2 game mode.
    I don't necessarily mean it will be a bad game though,  At least for comp players they will have something new to take their attention away from BFV.

On the flipside,  Perhaps BFV will benefit from players migrating ( as horrible as it sounds ) and we'll have fewer blueberries plaguing the game.
  • SAMI_HADDADIN
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)

Pfffff haha I guess that's what the developers at dice say to each other .

The truth is that it is a far superior game in it's alfa than battlefield v after so much time .

• LOLGotYerTags
    edited August 2019
    (Quote)

Pfffff haha I guess that's what the developers at dice say to each other .

The truth is that it is a far superior game in it's alfa than battlefield v after so much time .

Why are you here then and not playing COD Alpha?

I mean,  If it's so great and all,  I would not be typing on the competitors forum,  I would be..  y'know..  enjoying it.
  • SAMI_HADDADIN
    edited August 2019
    (Quote)

I am playing it but sadly it's just an alpha .
    And it ends today , im looking forward for the full game .
  • LOLGotYerTags
    (Quote)

sadly it's just an alpha .
    You do know a LOT can change between Alpha and Beta builds,  Right?

Also,  You do realise that the new COD will have had 3 years of development time as opposed to BFV's year or so.

The last game developed by Infinity ward was back in 2016,  Which was : Infinite warfare.

The following games have been developed by different devs.

• Call of duty WW2 was developed by sledgehammer games
    • Call of duty : BO4 was developed by Treyarch
    • Call of duty : MW is being developed by infinity ward.
    So using general logic,  whilst WW2 and BO4 were being released,  Work was well underway on MW by around 2 years..  that is..  a year longer dev time than BFV was from scratch.
  • DigitalHype
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Also,  You do realise that the new COD will have had 3 years of development time as opposed to BFV's year or so.
    So using general logic,  whilst WW2 and BO4 were being released,  Work was well underway on MW by around 2 years..  that is..  a year longer dev time than BFV was from scratch.
    I guess that means BFV should have been 1/3 the price of MW at release then, yes?
  • NLBartmaN
    4118 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The last game developed by Infinity ward was back in 2016,  Which was : Infinite warfare.

The following games have been developed by different devs.

• Call of duty WW2 was developed by sledgehammer games
    • Call of duty : BO4 was developed by Treyarch
    • Call of duty : MW is being developed by infinity ward.
    We saw what happened with BF V between Alpha and "final" release ... bad things can happen indeed.

And you basically say that BF V can not be close to complete and polished, since they had far too little time ... and we can all feel that.

BTW in that topic on this forum you mentioned: most are positive ...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    NLBartmaN said:

BTW in that topic on this forum you mentioned: most are positive ...
    We'll see what people are saying when the game fully launches.

• SAMI_HADDADIN
    (Quote)

The following games have been developed by different devs.* Call of duty WW2 was developed by sledgehammer games
    * Call of duty : BO4 was developed by Treyarch
    * Call of duty : MW is being developed by infinity ward.

Yes Exactly battlefield v was a rushed game and shouldn't have passed the alpha phase in it's current form.
    Even after all this updates, it's still full of bugs . I mean just look at the graphics in battlefield 1 and then compare it to battlefield v , it will feel like a downgrade.
  • CSO7777
    1550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

The following games have been developed by different devs.* Call of duty WW2 was developed by sledgehammer games
    * Call of duty : BO4 was developed by Treyarch
    * Call of duty : MW is being developed by infinity ward.

Yes Exactly battlefield v was a rushed game and shouldn't have passed the alpha phase in it's current form.
    Even after all this updates, it's still full of bugs . I mean just look at the graphics in battlefield 1 and then compare it to battlefield v , it will feel like a downgrade.
    I really think that all the game-play-changes Dice made for BFV wouldn't have mattered as much, if the game worked well. But unfortunately the game still has so many quality-issues (UI, sound, movement, visibility, netcode, stutters, lack/delay of content etc etc etc). They can still save the game, but they have still lost a lot of players that will be very hard to get back.

And what about the next BF-game. I wonder how many customers they have lost, by launching BFV in a such a bad state and making a lot of people feel like they wasted their time and money on a half-finished game.
  • TFBisquit
    1930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen many hyped conversations over the years about new games versus older ones. And usually the hype was just hype.
    But in this case you get a new shooter, which will likely attract more customers than bfv can after 1 year. It's on sale since a month after release so that's not going to help anymore either.
    But I disagree on the topic title. The player base is reasonably stable now, those won't quit overnight, and the new cod might bring what many hope for, but the core players will still be here.
    As for the how's and why's in bfv, it's too much hardcore, the majority chokes on that. And when a game induces anger, many will call it quits, as we've already seen over the months.
  • ackers75
    2596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

From that thread you come to that conclusion

How’s that even possible!