Smoke grenades not working?

mccawwww
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited August 25
Hey guys don't know if anyone else has experienced this but i've been trying to level up my medic and i've had a few problems with the smoke grenades. When I use the Grenade Launcher it's almost 50 50 if it'll go off or not. Just wanted to get this out there. 

Thanks

Comments

• dICEHOUSE
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can you explain more? Maybe you're just out of ammo?
  • mccawwww
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I shoot a smoke grenade out of the launcher sometimes it won't go off and it just kinda disappears. It has happened a multiple times to me already and when it first happened I thought maybe it just bounces or something but then it happened again and I tried to see where it went and it just didn't go off.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I remember reading somewhere on Twitter that your enemy does see the smoke you throw, it's just some client side bug that makes it so you can't see.

That said, under certain conditions, grenades can sometimes not pop naturally - for example your grenade could have landed in a body of water or maybe you fired it too close to an object for the fuse to go
  • dICEHOUSE
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, if you hear the ' suction ' upon firing sound then a ' balloon pop ' sound, the smoke grenade did go off. Doesn't mean you will always necessarily see it depending on where you shot it and how far.
  • KingRofty
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, if you get shot through the smoke, it might be that a recon put up a spotting flare or you got marked by a Support Machine gunner. 
  • full951
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    Yes. This is also a thing on Xbox. It seems to fail most often when trying to pop one off at your feet. Or that's just the roll of the dice when it's been failing for me. Now that I think about it, maybe the smoke clipped thru the map floor
  • UglyNoah
    1243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yeah that smoke shows for everyone else, so it's actually a good thing if you don't see it, start shooting at your blind enemy ASAP!
  • mccawwww
    UglyNoah said:
    yeah that smoke shows for everyone else, so it's actually a good thing if you don't see it, start shooting at your blind enemy ASAP!
    Its a feature not a bug hahaha
  • The_BERG_366
    2306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @mccawwww
    you need to shoot the smoke launcher far enough away from your position (this mechanic was already present in previous game with frag launchers). if you shoot it too close to you it will hit the ground before it is "primed" and ready to explode so it will just bounce and disappear. this catches me quite often as well (still sometimes underestimate the critical distance) especially when i want to smoke my own position to get rid of a sniper spot. i just use the normal hand thrown smoke grenades for that now whenever possible.