Weekly Debrief

A little help for sound setup for Logitech headset. Please :-)

Zoon_dk
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I have just changed my headset from a 'normal' music headset to Logitech G633. But I can't find the perfect sound setup.
If was hoping to get a more precis headset, so that I better could hear where enemies are.

On my 'normal' headset I used the following setting:
In Battlefield
- 3d headset
And must of time I can hear where enemies are.

Settings I have tried for my G633

In Battlefield
- Headset
- Surround
In Logitech G Hub
- Surround: on/DTS
- Eq: FPS
I feel that I can't hear where the enemies are.

In Battlefield
- 3d headset

In Logitech G Hub
- Surround: off
- Eq: FPS
It's the same as my 'normal' headset

Am I doing something wrong? Did I wast my money.

What settings do you use for your Logitech headset?

Comments

• Lahoo_Eckbert
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm using corsair void pro and 3d headphone settings never worked for me.
    I'm using surround headphones setting. My corsair application has 7+1 on, with fps shooter enhancement. 

Sounds are 60-70% of the time accurate. Sometimes it is a hit or miss though.
    I still get flanked by silent people or get confused by my own teammate footsteps.
  • Zoon_dk
    What are your audio settings in BF5?

• Zoon_dk
    I'm using corsair void pro and 3d headphone settings never worked for me.
    I'm using surround headphones setting. My corsair application has 7+1 on, with fps shooter enhancement. 

Sounds are 60-70% of the time accurate. Sometimes it is a hit or miss though.
    I still get flanked by silent people or get confused by my own teammate footsteps.
    Thanks for the answer :-)
    What are your settings in BF5?
  • iamwiener
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't help with your current problem but the next headset you buy should be a stereo one. I assume you only have 2 ears and the positional audio is done by the ingame software anyway. No need for multiple tiny low quality speakers in your headset.
    Once you have a decent stereo headset, you will "hear" that footsteps and positional audio works perfectly fine in BF5. But I do understand the frustration of spending money in "gaming" equipment which does not work with an AAA title.
    But without any research, I guess most pro gamers use stereo unless they have some sort of advertising contract.
  • CaptHotah
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had the G933 (almost the same headset). I played alot with the audio setting until i found the best one:

In game:
    Surround, Night mode

Headset:
    Dolby Digital (not DTS).

This was the best settings for hearing footsteps and general noise close to me (wich i only cared about)
  • Zoon_dk
    CaptHotah said:
    I had the G933 (almost the same headset). I played alot with the audio setting until i found the best one:

In game:
    Surround, Night mode

Headset:
    Dolby Digital (not DTS).

This was the best settings for hearing footsteps and general noise close to me (wich i only cared about)
    Thanks. That was what I was looking for. I will try that :-)

• CSO7777
    1301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game has bugged sound, all kinds of sounds are not played sometimes (footsteps, gun-fire, explosions, vehicles, rockets etc). 

Use the setting that gives the best positional audio/sound quality and then live with the fact that the sound is broken in BFV.

I've tried all settings and now uses surround with headphones in-game and Dolby Atmos in Windows 10. Sound-quality is very good, but footsteps etc. are still missing very often.
  • Patmanner
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hello! I personal use the G633 Artemis Spectrum.The equalizer i use is :

General : 3 4 3 2 1 -1 -2 -1 3 1 (Music,Videos,Movies etc)

Gaming : 3 6 9 7 6 5 7 9 11 8 (most fps games like overwatch,cs:go,Escape from Tarkov,BFV etc)

Surround : Dts 7.1 -Super Stereo Wide.

BFV Audio Settings : Headphones,War Tapes !

I don't know if that equilizers works good to you but you can try it !!!

PS : You can run differents profiles for every game !Search on google maybe you find more informations !

• PRAETORIANN-GR
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ι have the artemis 633.
    I use in game settings as headphones/surround

In Logitech control I use dolby digital.
    Sounds ok to me and I can heae sounds directionally.

Dts X is good but a bit punchy in high freq and I think it is not always accurate.
    But generally it is also good.

In BF1 both work better in my opinion.

ps. I love my artemis, and if they ever broke, I will buy the same. Great headset.
    Great enough sound. Not perfect but very balanced and restful sound.

Artemis was the goddess of hunting and she was the twin Sister of Apollo, the god of sun.. You can feel the advantages of this fact in gameplay. :p