4.4 delayed !!!

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What bums me out is the tow missions hanging in the wind now.  Were suppose to get 3 weapons for the next three tows.  How long will it take to fix the bugs that were found in the certification?  Couple days to a week?  Does this mean Chapter 5 is pushed back as well?  Or these tow's gonna be crushed together?  Or put both patches back to back or just combined the 4.4 and 4.5?
  • johnkapa1
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    What bums me out is the tow missions hanging in the wind now.  Were suppose to get 3 weapons for the next three tows.  How long will it take to fix the bugs that were found in the certification?  Couple days to a week?  Does this mean Chapter 5 is pushed back as well?  Or these tow's gonna be crushed together?  Or put both patches back to back or just combined the 4.4 and 4.5?
    @GRAW2ROBZ no one knows. I think With this delay we wont be seeing the new factions until jan 2020. I think they are way in over their heads right now with trying to get content out they are just scrambling to put something together but its crap work cause it's rushed... idk anymore. It's sad to say COD is going to take my time up in a couple of months. Unless they turn it around in the next two months.  
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

GRAW2ROBZ said:

i couldn't care less at this point about weapons and maps.
    the core game is still a mess at best and we are 9 months in. stuttering, movement, animations, balance at large (maps/teams/vehicles/classes/weapons/gadgets/...)
    this game is just a complete mess and barely playable most of the time. at least for any longer period since stuttering and hit-reg seem to get worse the longer any one session is going on at least for me or i just start to notice it more after a few rounds.
    but hey at least DICE put out so many "nice" cosmetics for us to carry us over until the next game.but my hopes for DICE to realize quantity does not make up for quality especially if your "quantity" is a joke to the term content.
    and i wouldn't be surprised if there will be a bunch of vacancies in DICE Stockholm sooner then later
  • VincentNZ
    3875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

There was always supposed to be a bridge between the two chapters, as we have had before. And braddock even said (somewhere on Reddit) that it was so substantial that they were thinking on releasing content for that timeframe (weapons). The bridge was at least two weeks anyway, as far as I calculated and up to 4 weeks are definitely a possibility, so enough room for delays, or an Intermission chapter.
    Delaying means, unless they have three teams working on three branches of the game and on three patches concurrently (4.4-6), that each successive patch will also be delayed by at least one week, so no combined patches I would asssume.
    Also as they have promised three weapons for this Chapter, the options are clear: Give us whatever they wanted to give us this week for free, or add another week of ToW. I suppose we will see on Thursday with the new ToW reveal.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I hope this doesn't push Operation Underground farther back.  Since DICE confirmed "early" October for that map.  Also Al Sundan was supposedly release in the patch after next if the graphic error is fixed.  So September.  Also Fall is September 23.  Not sure if they were gonna weasel in another map before October besides Al Sundan?  Iwo Jima? Or one of the other two maps?  Since if not.  Then 3 maps have to be released before December 31 2019.  Unless delayed.  Not including Operation Underground as well for October.  So a chance them 4 maps crushed in between October,November,December.  If Al Sundan is delayed we could be having 5 maps before December 31 2019 if no other delays.
  • johnkapa1
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

I hope this doesn't push Operation Underground farther back.  Since DICE confirmed "early" October for that map.  Also Al Sundan was supposedly release in the patch after next if the graphic error is fixed.  So September.  Also Fall is September 23.  Not sure if they were gonna weasel in another map before October besides Al Sundan?  Iwo Jima? Or one of the other two maps?  Since if not.  Then 3 maps have to be released before December 31 2019.  Unless delayed.  Not including Operation Underground as well for October.  So a chance them 4 maps crushed in between October,November,December.  If Al Sundan is delayed we could be having 5 maps before December 31 2019 if no other delays.
    I just want the american and Japanese with their weapons. Maps yeah i want but id take a garand anyday of the week to use in the game. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Well Operation Underground should be A okay since streamers got to play it at gamescom but couldn't record video.  Also private games hopefully isn't a broken patch.  All were missing is the tiny maps I wont even play on any way.  I'm just bummed out about the foot step bug was supposedly in this update besides the 2 or 3 tow weapons.  500 rank would of been nice.  Just hope this doesn't pull DICE away from the next patch of the graphic bug of Al Sundan and RSP update.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Well Operation Underground should be A okay since streamers got to play it at gamescom but couldn't record video.  Also private games hopefully isn't a broken patch.  All were missing is the tiny maps I wont even play on any way.  I'm just bummed out about the foot step bug was supposedly in this update besides the 2 or 3 tow weapons.  500 rank would of been nice.  Just hope this doesn't pull DICE away from the next patch of the graphic bug of Al Sundan and RSP update.

oh you mean the same guys showing off AlSundan before DICE broke the map ?
    yeah i am not holding my breath here on a sad remake of a map from a far better game saving anything
  • CrashCA
    1204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm staying in Battlefield 4 until Modern Warfare is released
    I'm going to DL BF4 tonight. Hope there are some good US east coast servers still on PC

Yes, I have no problem finding low ping servers from the East Coast of USA
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

There was always supposed to be a bridge between the two chapters, as we have had before. And braddock even said (somewhere on Reddit) that it was so substantial that they were thinking on releasing content for that timeframe (weapons). The bridge was at least two weeks anyway, as far as I calculated and up to 4 weeks are definitely a possibility, so enough room for delays, or an Intermission chapter.
    Delaying means, unless they have three teams working on three branches of the game and on three patches concurrently (4.4-6), that each successive patch will also be delayed by at least one week, so no combined patches I would asssume.
    Also as they have promised three weapons for this Chapter, the options are clear: Give us whatever they wanted to give us this week for free, or add another week of ToW. I suppose we will see on Thursday with the new ToW reveal.
    I think they needed this update to show this weeks tow and next.  Doubt its hidden in a previous update with a timer.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Well Operation Underground should be A okay since streamers got to play it at gamescom but couldn't record video.  .

I wouldn't be so sure because they played Al Soondan but it still broke and got delayed.
  • VincentNZ
    3875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

I think they needed this update to show this weeks tow and next.  Doubt its hidden in a previous update with a timer.

Yeah obviously the ToW was directly tied to patch 4.4, how this was the case, I do not know. I also do not know where they pulled the headgear from, so that they can just change the ToW schedule on the fly. Is that in the arsenal already?
    I also do not share your optimism towards Metro and the Pacific. I doubt it will release alongside Chapter 5, this would be contrary to any previous release. I very much expect that Fall 2019 for Chapter 5 means after Metro released + x weeks. Metro needs to stand on it's own feet, so I expect at the very least two weeks between them which would mean, the earliest date for Metro is October 1st, possibly delayed now for a week to October 8th (as it will come with 4.6) and Chapter 5 at October 17th at the earliest (with the ToW, map might release on thr 15th).
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Yeah obviously the ToW was directly tied to patch 4.4, how this was the case, I do not know. I also do not know where they pulled the headgear from, so that they can just change the ToW schedule on the fly. Is that in the arsenal already?
    I also do not share your optimism towards Metro and the Pacific. I doubt it will release alongside Chapter 5, this would be contrary to any previous release. I very much expect that Fall 2019 for Chapter 5 means after Metro released + x weeks. Metro needs to stand on it's own feet, so I expect at the very least two weeks between them which would mean, the earliest date for Metro is October 1st, possibly delayed now for a week to October 8th (as it will come with 4.6) and Chapter 5 at October 17th at the earliest (with the ToW, map might release on thr 15th).
    Still in my opinion I think RSP and Operation Underground is gonna empty the BF4,BF1 servers even more.  BF3 will be forgotten.  I think they probably do have back up tows incase of a patch delay.  Shame this tow substitute is a bit dull though.  I was looking forward to 3 new weapons.
  • Mrcleanjeans
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    Better than releasing a broken update

By that logic it would've been better had they delayed the release of the entire game by a year or two.

And have Dice listen to your crying? They were better off sending the game out broken. 😂😂😂
  • MAILBOMB
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 biggest joke in game history.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A further update on the upcoming weapons:

We won't even be getting the C96 for this Chapter ... they didn't extend this Chapter even after all of this chaos.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    they delay the patch because of bugs. So now they spend the next week or two 'fixing' the bugs.

Now picture this scenario: in a week or two they finally release this update and it's buggy as hell.

Would that be it then? Would we all then go ahead and uninstall, shut the forum down and stick a fork in it, the end of Battlefield? I mean there's no hope after that right ...