4.4 delayed !!!

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    What bums me out is the tow missions hanging in the wind now.  Were suppose to get 3 weapons for the next three tows.  How long will it take to fix the bugs that were found in the certification?  Couple days to a week?  Does this mean Chapter 5 is pushed back as well?  Or these tow's gonna be crushed together?  Or put both patches back to back or just combined the 4.4 and 4.5?

There was always supposed to be a bridge between the two chapters, as we have had before. And braddock even said (somewhere on Reddit) that it was so substantial that they were thinking on releasing content for that timeframe (weapons). The bridge was at least two weeks anyway, as far as I calculated and up to 4 weeks are definitely a possibility, so enough room for delays, or an Intermission chapter.
    Delaying means, unless they have three teams working on three branches of the game and on three patches concurrently (4.4-6), that each successive patch will also be delayed by at least one week, so no combined patches I would asssume.
    Also as they have promised three weapons for this Chapter, the options are clear: Give us whatever they wanted to give us this week for free, or add another week of ToW. I suppose we will see on Thursday with the new ToW reveal.
    I think they needed this update to show this weeks tow and next.  Doubt its hidden in a previous update with a timer.

Yeah obviously the ToW was directly tied to patch 4.4, how this was the case, I do not know. I also do not know where they pulled the headgear from, so that they can just change the ToW schedule on the fly. Is that in the arsenal already?
    I also do not share your optimism towards Metro and the Pacific. I doubt it will release alongside Chapter 5, this would be contrary to any previous release. I very much expect that Fall 2019 for Chapter 5 means after Metro released + x weeks. Metro needs to stand on it's own feet, so I expect at the very least two weeks between them which would mean, the earliest date for Metro is October 1st, possibly delayed now for a week to October 8th (as it will come with 4.6) and Chapter 5 at October 17th at the earliest (with the ToW, map might release on thr 15th).
    Still in my opinion I think RSP and Operation Underground is gonna empty the BF4,BF1 servers even more.  BF3 will be forgotten.  I think they probably do have back up tows incase of a patch delay.  Shame this tow substitute is a bit dull though.  I was looking forward to 3 new weapons.

I doubt it. Right now both predecessors of BFV have 20k concurrent players, which I think is also similar to the raw numbers of BFV. Yeah Metro servers will pop up, but this will mostly empty the official servers, since players can have the full meatgrinder experience in more polished games. It might help, but it will surely not deplete games that have a stable playerbase for 3-5 years. And BF4 would see even more players if it wasn't released for five different platforms.
    By the way, where is the confirmation that the C96 will not come in Chapter 4? There is no reason for it being postponed unless it is the cause of the serious bugs however that will work. Again I can only stress that not releasing it in this chapter would be fatal.
    Well I took video of BF4,BF1 and Hardline versus BF5 for 5+ open spots for conquest servers a few weeks back.  BF5 had more then them 3 games combined.  That's just conquest on XBOX1 USA region. 
  • BrianLocal1
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will there be a new TOW tommorow or not?
  • ElliotLH
    8988 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's the hat tomorrow.
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I thought i heard the c96 carbine
  • ElliotLH
    8988 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    johnkapa1 said:
    ElliotLH said:
    Unfortunately that's been postponed for a later date.

*Edit: Let's see if this works:

https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/1166625374287122432
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I posted its held behind the delayed 4.4 patch.  But the forum monster ate my post.  We do get the anti material weapon next week if no more delays.  This week we get the hat and goggles.  They exclude the gas mask though.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    johnkapa1 said:
    ElliotLH said:
    The 3 weapons are trapped in the delayed 4.4 patch.  They must of had the hat and goggles hid in the files to release as a emergency back up.  After the hat that tweet mentioned the anti material weapon.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No hype for panzerbüchse or c96 on my end... they are just reskins of the boys at and p08 arty.

A few new knives would be better :p
  • GrizzGolf
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So on 9/3 this will drop?
  • BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

They said "currently tracking" for Tuesday, 9/3. So they don't even have the confidence to commit to Tuesday.

I doubt it releases Tuesday. Its very likely they delay it again.
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

They said "currently tracking" for Tuesday, 9/3. So they don't even have the confidence to commit to Tuesday.

I doubt it releases Tuesday. Its very likely they delay it again.
    Probably the second week of september
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • SithMetal71
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 said:
    I wouldn't take any notice what Dice puts out anymore, all this is an excuse to throw their customers off, to make us believe the original plans were inaccurate. i mean don't they look at content and info as it is released to the community, case they do. They know exactly whats going on, they just won't tell us the truth.

What Dice/EA need is a lawsuit to bring them back into line as they're getting away with fraud.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't think you would get far with a lawsuit, with the live service business model the game developer/publisher can chop and change what you get, in the small print of the road map it says "we hold the right to change the content" or words to that affect. You're not guaranteed content like you got with premium, but hay it's free!
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    What bums me out is the tow missions hanging in the wind now.  Were suppose to get 3 weapons for the next three tows.  How long will it take to fix the bugs that were found in the certification?  Couple days to a week?  Does this mean Chapter 5 is pushed back as well?  Or these tow's gonna be crushed together?  Or put both patches back to back or just combined the 4.4 and 4.5?

There was always supposed to be a bridge between the two chapters, as we have had before. And braddock even said (somewhere on Reddit) that it was so substantial that they were thinking on releasing content for that timeframe (weapons). The bridge was at least two weeks anyway, as far as I calculated and up to 4 weeks are definitely a possibility, so enough room for delays, or an Intermission chapter.
    Delaying means, unless they have three teams working on three branches of the game and on three patches concurrently (4.4-6), that each successive patch will also be delayed by at least one week, so no combined patches I would asssume.
    Also as they have promised three weapons for this Chapter, the options are clear: Give us whatever they wanted to give us this week for free, or add another week of ToW. I suppose we will see on Thursday with the new ToW reveal.
    I think they needed this update to show this weeks tow and next.  Doubt its hidden in a previous update with a timer.

Yeah obviously the ToW was directly tied to patch 4.4, how this was the case, I do not know. I also do not know where they pulled the headgear from, so that they can just change the ToW schedule on the fly. Is that in the arsenal already?
    I also do not share your optimism towards Metro and the Pacific. I doubt it will release alongside Chapter 5, this would be contrary to any previous release. I very much expect that Fall 2019 for Chapter 5 means after Metro released + x weeks. Metro needs to stand on it's own feet, so I expect at the very least two weeks between them which would mean, the earliest date for Metro is October 1st, possibly delayed now for a week to October 8th (as it will come with 4.6) and Chapter 5 at October 17th at the earliest (with the ToW, map might release on thr 15th).
    Still in my opinion I think RSP and Operation Underground is gonna empty the BF4,BF1 servers even more.  BF3 will be forgotten.  I think they probably do have back up tows incase of a patch delay.  Shame this tow substitute is a bit dull though.  I was looking forward to 3 new weapons.

I doubt it. Right now both predecessors of BFV have 20k concurrent players, which I think is also similar to the raw numbers of BFV. Yeah Metro servers will pop up, but this will mostly empty the official servers, since players can have the full meatgrinder experience in more polished games. It might help, but it will surely not deplete games that have a stable playerbase for 3-5 years. And BF4 would see even more players if it wasn't released for five different platforms.
    By the way, where is the confirmation that the C96 will not come in Chapter 4? There is no reason for it being postponed unless it is the cause of the serious bugs however that will work. Again I can only stress that not releasing it in this chapter would be fatal.
    Well I took video of BF4,BF1 and Hardline versus BF5 for 5+ open spots for conquest servers a few weeks back.  BF5 had more then them 3 games combined.  That's just conquest on XBOX1 USA region. 

I took a peak yesterday, and saw 97 servers that were full or had 1-5 free slots. That came in at 6200 on PC. I counted every TDM and SQC server though as 64 for convenience. Time stamp is important, that was at at 1:00am UTC, I believe.
    Right now at 0:00 am UTC we are looking at 99 servers which again is 6000 players. Even if you double that for both consoles we are looking at 30k players. Certainly not 100k or anywhere close to be a relevant player in the shooter world.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

I took a peak yesterday, and saw 97 servers that were full or had 1-5 free slots. That came in at 6200 on PC. I counted every TDM and SQC server though as 64 for convenience. Time stamp is important, that was at at 1:00am UTC, I believe.
    Right now at 0:00 am UTC we are looking at 99 servers which again is 6000 players. Even if you double that for both consoles we are looking at 30k players. Certainly not 100k or anywhere close to be a relevant player in the shooter world.

What would be very embarassing is if BF4 overtakes BFV in player count. Its not far fetched at all, it's close to being reality.

I know Twitch isn't a great measure but viewer count is a good barometer for measuring interest in a game, so if you sort the game list by "shooter" games and BFV isn't even in the top 20 shooter games in terms of viewer count then you should be embarrassed as a game studio and publisher.

• Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    http://bf4stats.com/

I believe it has for quite some time now. More PC players on BF4 than on BF1 or BFV.
    Even though I am not going to buy it, wait until that CoD modern Warfare come out and see how empty BFV gets.
    The live service model works on games like World of Warcraft but not on a FPS that you have to buy a whole new game and chuck the old one every other year.
    You get less and less with BFV but hey, it s all free! Don't expect to much in 2020 with BFV.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

What would be very embarassing is if BF4 overtakes BFV in player count. Its not far fetched at all, it's close to being reality.

I know Twitch isn't a great measure but viewer count is a good barometer for measuring interest in a game, so if you sort the game list by "shooter" games and BFV isn't even in the top 20 shooter games in terms of viewer count then you should be embarrassed as a game studio and publisher.

You would have to take peak times of course, which is what we have for BF4 and 1, which sit at 7-10k players on PC. Very precise numbers. The BFV numbers are only guesswork and rough estimations, sice we can only count them via the server population. So you would need to take a look 8-9 pm UTC tonight and then compare it.
    I am not doubting htat BFV has a higher playercount, I am doubting that the numbers are relevant for AAA title.
    Let us make an optimistic guess and say that there are 10-12k players on PC at peak times and then look at what steamstats say about playercounts you would see that it is performing similarly to Age of Empires 2 HD released in 2013, and the Farming Simulator 2019 somewhere in the top 40 and excluding PC games on other platforms like Fortnite, Apex, FIFA etc.
    Now that does not necessarily mean that BFV is a huge failure, since BF1 had similarily poor player retention for many reasons, but it does mean that there are a great plethora of games that are more enjoyable in all genres developed by really dedicated, pragmatic and economically efficient working teams. It does show that whatever DICE thought they were making is absolutely not what they released. It is just plain hybris.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    (Quote)

You would have to take peak times of course, which is what we have for BF4 and 1, which sit at 7-10k players on PC. Very precise numbers. The BFV numbers are only guesswork and rough estimations, sice we can only count them via the server population. So you would need to take a look 8-9 pm UTC tonight and then compare it.
    I am not doubting htat BFV has a higher playercount, I am doubting that the numbers are relevant for AAA title.
    Let us make an optimistic guess and say that there are 10-12k players on PC at peak times and then look at what steamstats say about playercounts you would see that it is performing similarly to Age of Empires 2 HD released in 2013, and the Farming Simulator 2019 somewhere in the top 40 and excluding PC games on other platforms like Fortnite, Apex, FIFA etc.
    Now that does not necessarily mean that BFV is a huge failure, since BF1 had similarily poor player retention for many reasons, but it does mean that there are a great plethora of games that are more enjoyable in all genres developed by really dedicated, pragmatic and economically efficient working teams. It does show that whatever DICE thought they were making is absolutely not what they released. It is just plain hybris.

imo the main problem with BF1 was that they took too long to deliver the content. teh first DLC took roughly half a year to be shipped but in the same time we had already more maps in BF1 then we have currently in BFV.
    BFV is just at the best of times mediocre under perfect circumstances. while BF1 for the most part was good. sure it had its problems but they are dwarfed by what we currently still have in BFV.
    last week i met a dev in BFV and did some small talk with him and even he admitted regarding balance in BFV its just worse then any predecessor. but alas we are stuck with BFV for at least another 9 months so either we dig our heels in or leave for greener pastures because it won't be a getting any better anytime soon