4.4 delayed !!!

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

Now that does not necessarily mean that BFV is a huge failure, since BF1 had similarily poor player retention for many reasons, but it does mean that there are a great plethora of games that are more enjoyable in all genres developed by really dedicated, pragmatic and economically efficient working teams. It does show that whatever DICE thought they were making is absolutely not what they released. It is just plain hybris.
    A sign of the times is the hubris of many established franchise developers who think that distancing themselves from the most dedicated fans of their series will somehow not result in a subpar product.
    the guy in Blizzard who said the players think they cant Classic Wow but they dont. Now with Classic having more full servers than modern version of WoW that guy must be making a surprised pikatcu face
  • filthmcnasty
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I'd rather that BF1 had gotten an extra year of content instead of having BFV getting rushed out like this, but EA's shareholders and investors demand a Battlefield game every two years, so here we are.

That, and all of the conspiracy theories about Bad Company 3 don't seem as far-fetched as they once were ...

Well, here's a toast to Bad Company's awesome legacy! *glasses klink*
    It was fun while it lasted!

Bad Company 1&2 were fun. Literally, that was what the devs said at that time. They were semi serious games that allowed them to inject some humor into otherwise uber serious designs. They had fun with them.

I felt that BF:BC2 hardcore was the best multiplayer ever, it murdered CoD even though it didnt come close to outselling it. It also had the superb Vietnam DLC.

They need to do some major soul searching before touching Bad Company
  • filthmcnasty
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Must be talking about Battlefront 2 (and it's massive lootbox controversy), not Battlefield 1. 

That came to mind after I posted. I steered clear of that one, didn't even bother with the 1st
  • filthmcnasty
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    A sign of the times is the hubris of many established franchise developers who think that distancing themselves from the most dedicated fans of their series will somehow not result in a subpar product.
    the guy in Blizzard who said the players think they cant Classic Wow but they dont. Now with Classic having more full servers than modern version of WoW that guy must be making a surprised pikatcu face

Hell, I still play Diablo 2: LoD over Diablo 3
  • M_Rat13
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the silver lining is BF2020 is going to have a hard time being as bad.

wanna bet Lol

All they'd have to do is copy paste BF4 and call it a day. I wish I was joking about that....
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • johnkapa1
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Well at least chapter five will be on time lololololol
  • Mrcleanjeans
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder how much better this game would be if everyone would just get behind the developers and give positive feedback. Like an old friend crying out cause things in their home aren’t going the way they should. Don’t we all have experience with that? Haven’t we all failed in some way? And we knew it too.. right? But there were tons of positive vibes that helped us be more confident and want to make changes based on what we learned from the mistake? Just imagine your next failure. People slamming you.. with no positive interaction. - you just have to wonder ...
  • M_Rat13
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3/4
    M_Rat13 said:

All they'd have to do is copy paste BF4 and call it a day. I wish I was joking about that....
    People would call it a lazy reskin if DICE did that. I know I would.

We shouldn't be begging for DICE to release the same game over and over again. This studio should be capable of releasing a game that is new, refreshing and of high quality. The fact that people are asking for older games to be remastered is a damning indictment of the state of BFV.

Every day, it gets harder and harder to see if this game will ever have a future beyond the upcoming holiday season.

Mainly people who didn't like BF4. Most of the BF4 fans would though. There's this messiah complex around BF3/4 that make people want remastered versions. I don't want that myself, but it's what the community has become. This is just what happens when a franchise becomes popular, people ignore the original players.
  • filthmcnasty
    (Quote)
    Positive feedback requires positive actions.
    It is not like we are able to see them trying, we only see the lack or replies and results as well as any meaningful interaction..Also everyone makes mistakes, but repeating the same mistakes several times indicates negligence or worse

The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    There are other massive devs that don't seem to have these problems, so I'd bet DICE suffered the same problems that Bioware did
  • VOLBANKER
    1301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder how much better this game would be if everyone would just get behind the developers and give positive feedback. Like an old friend crying out cause things in their home aren’t going the way they should. Don’t we all have experience with that? Haven’t we all failed in some way? And we knew it too.. right? But there were tons of positive vibes that helped us be more confident and want to make changes based on what we learned from the mistake? Just imagine your next failure. People slamming you.. with no positive interaction. - you just have to wonder ...

in 9 months time the game has not improved in any shape way or form.
    -netcode is a mess
    -stability is a joke
    -performance at large across all platforms is bad even if compared to steam early access
    -issues regarding cosmetics getting fixed within the hour while core issues are still very much alive and kicking 9 months in!
    How anyone can even claim BFV hasn’t improved in any way at all is beyond me.

We, the players, complained about bad visibility, so DICE improved it.
    Is it perfect, no, is it better than it was without going too far, yes I think most people think so.

Medics like yourself complained about lack of midrange fighting capability, so DICE added the M28 Tromboncino.

Recons requested some close range fighting power, so DICE added the PO8.

We players said Panzerstorm lacked infantry cover, so DICE worked on the terrain of the map to give better infantry cover.

People wanted Squad Conquest to be a permanent game option, so DICE made it permanent.

People complained about AP Mines, so DICE changed them so they can only function as an early warning system so to speak to tell you if someone is coming.

etc.
  • CrashCA
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    (Quote)
    Positive feedback requires positive actions.
    It is not like we are able to see them trying, we only see the lack or replies and results as well as any meaningful interaction..Also everyone makes mistakes, but repeating the same mistakes several times indicates negligence or worse

The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    There are other massive devs that don't seem to have these problems, so I'd bet DICE suffered the same problems that Bioware did

That would be EA !!
  • Jokerdef
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    **This Week in Battlefield**

What’s new?

Nothing

What’s fixed?

Nothing

What's not fixed?

Everything and a few new things we broke.

Whats coming

Al Soondan*
    Update 4.4**
    5v5***
    Soldier dragging****
    COD Modern Warfare*****

*Delayed
    **Delayed
    ***Cancelled
    ****Cancelled
    ****Sept 21 free beta!

On behalf of the Battlefield team, thanks for your patience whilst we enjoy the summer in the sun. Updates on additionally tracked issues will be announced soon* here.

*Don't hold your breath

Thank you for the best laughs this morning! =)
  • IIT0NE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    **This Week in Battlefield**

What’s new?

Nothing

What’s fixed?

Nothing

What's not fixed?

Everything and a few new things we broke.

Whats coming

Al Soondan*
    Update 4.4**
    5v5***
    Soldier dragging****
    COD Modern Warfare*****

*Delayed
    **Delayed
    ***Cancelled
    ****Cancelled
    ****Sept 21 free beta!

On behalf of the Battlefield team, thanks for your patience whilst we enjoy the summer in the sun. Updates on additionally tracked issues will be announced soon* here.

*Don't hold your breath

Came here to show some appreciation for this post :D
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:

in 9 months time the game has not improved in any shape way or form.
    -netcode is a mess
    -stability is a joke
    -performance at large across all platforms is bad even if compared to steam early access
    -issues regarding cosmetics getting fixed within the hour while core issues are still very much alive and kicking 9 months in!
    How anyone can even claim BFV hasn’t improved in any way at all is beyond me.

We, the players, complained about bad visibility, so DICE improved it.
    Is it perfect, no, is it better than it was without going too far, yes I think most people think so.

Medics like yourself complained about lack of midrange fighting capability, so DICE added the M28 Tromboncino.

Recons requested some close range fighting power, so DICE added the PO8.

We players said Panzerstorm lacked infantry cover, so DICE worked on the terrain of the map to give better infantry cover.

People wanted Squad Conquest to be a permanent game option, so DICE made it permanent.

People complained about AP Mines, so DICE changed them so they can only function as an early warning system so to speak to tell you if someone is coming.

etc.

the issues i was pointing out and referring to (net-code/performance/stability) still have next to no improvements.
    and what you are pointing out are things that should've been a no brainier to be there from the start yet you want me to give DICE a pat on the back for stuff we've been asking for 7 months for ?
    im sorry but since when is doing the bare minimum something i should recommend ppl on?
  • BFBulletin
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    We will have good news early next week.