4.4 delayed !!!

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Well, yeah I hear some good things about BF II now, which is roughly 20 months after it's release. At release it was a slot machine, though. Maybe I would have liked BF1 with the TTK 2.0 update, yet I dropped it after 8 months. Maybe if the game was fun on release the community would not be as angry? Or, if the game is lacking at release a constant stream of content and updates would ensure trust?

• johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We will have good news early next week.
    The americans and Japanese are coming early?
  • Antal120
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 said:
    The americans and Japanese are coming early?

you mean the game will gets all the things we've been asking and waiting for since launch?
    a substantial class and weapon-rework?
    performance patches that improve it across the board?
    assignment fixes so they don't directly contradict teamplay?
    an implementation of a working team-balancer?
    a rework of all the internal studio structures that have been failing each other?
    oh boy i sure hope i am not let down now again for the 5-10th time
    no pressure
    I was referring to the Update 4.4.
  • SpotGhot
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pleas guys and girls ... Stop playing BF V and start NOW BF3 or BF4 .... this games has no Bugs, No Content with Microtransactions and the Teamplay is hilarious good.

we must to show DICE what we want for gameplay and gunplay. HooHaa for the Old Time or R. I. P. Battlefield.
  • rifle77
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SpotGhot said:
    Pleas guys and girls ... Stop playing BF V and start NOW BF3 or BF4 .... this games has no Bugs, No Content with Microtransactions and the Teamplay is hilarious good.

we must to show DICE what we want for gameplay and gunplay. HooHaa for the Old Time or R. I. P. Battlefield.
    Last night, I uninstalled BFV after coming back from a 5 month break to see that the game has only gotten worse (if that's even possible), and decided to see how BF4 had aged.  Needless to say, I had more fun in BF4 last night than I've ever had in BFV or BF1 for that matter.  If BF3 had as big a playerbase, I'd give it a go as well.  Every single aspect of the game is better, I forgot how great it was.  The maps...my god the maps.  The TTK.  Simple movement with no stupid animations.  Visibility.  Actual choices in weapons, attachments, vehicles are insanely good but so are anti-vehicle capabilities.   All they had to do was put a WW2 skin on BF4 and they could have printed money.
  • Antal120
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No worries X_Sunslayer_X , there won't be a next time. Have a nice day.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rifle77 said:
    SpotGhot said:

Last night, I uninstalled BFV after coming back from a 5 month break to see that the game has only gotten worse (if that's even possible), and decided to see how BF4 had aged.  Needless to say, I had more fun in BF4 last night than I've ever had in BFV or BF1 for that matter.  If BF3 had as big a playerbase, I'd give it a go as well.  Every single aspect of the game is better, I forgot how great it was.  The maps...my god the maps.  The TTK.  Simple movement with no stupid animations.  Visibility.  Actual choices in weapons, attachments, vehicles are insanely good but so are anti-vehicle capabilities.   All they had to do was put a WW2 skin on BF4 and they could have printed money.
    Are you on PC? 

I've tried BF4 on PS4 and found it truly disappointing considering the hype it receives.

The hit detection is better than V, but single frame deaths occur with worrying frequency (in comparison with BF1 not V) the movement feels clunky and unresponsive.
    The gun customisation is extensive but it seems like everyone chooses the same weapons and attachments, also a lot of the guns themselves seem to feel and perform the same way. Not very individual if that makes sense.

The maps that I've played seem good but there's only a very limited selection in rotation. Mainly a railway one? And this god awful chokepoint map called Locker I think?

Vehicles are extremely good, possibly too good? BF4 is getting old now so it makes sense that those who still play will have mastered them by now but I've seen some worryingly high kill scores. I'm not convinced that's good balance.

Don't get me wrong in the brief time I've played 4 I thought it was a good game with a lot going for it. But I think there's a tendency to view past games with nostalgia goggles.

BFV could have been a great game, it just released far too early. If it received the proper support it could be a great game now, Dice just have too much to fix and refine and seemingly not the manpower or time to do it in.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Braddocks posted that at the moment at least 4.4 is due for release next week.
  • ragnarok013
    3916 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    SpotGhot said:

BF4 still has silly bugs, and it still crashes occasionally. It also has microtransactions, since those battlepacks can be purchased with money. The teamplay ... well, it varies from server to server.

Now, if BF3 could reliably run on 60HZ servers, on the other hand ...
    Ferdinand_J_Foch  conversely the game play loop allowed you to earn Battlepacks at an acceptable rate so there was no incentive to purchase them with real money in BF4. I don't really run into many bugs in BF3\4 and I play them pretty frequently.
  • Mc_TheRipper
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will probably be delayed once more but the good thing is we soon have an alternative.
  • Axlerod1
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://ogn.theonion.com/a-true-war-ea-reveals-the-next-battlefield-game-will-t-1837740379

Something funny to read while you wait for EA marketing and the DEV team to duke it out over whose fault this debacle is.
  • rifle77
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Are you on PC? 

I've tried BF4 on PS4 and found it truly disappointing considering the hype it receives.

The hit detection is better than V, but single frame deaths occur with worrying frequency (in comparison with BF1 not V) the movement feels clunky and unresponsive.
    The gun customisation is extensive but it seems like everyone chooses the same weapons and attachments, also a lot of the guns themselves seem to feel and perform the same way. Not very individual if that makes sense.

The maps that I've played seem good but there's only a very limited selection in rotation. Mainly a railway one? And this god awful chokepoint map called Locker I think?

Vehicles are extremely good, possibly too good? BF4 is getting old now so it makes sense that those who still play will have mastered them by now but I've seen some worryingly high kill scores. I'm not convinced that's good balance.

Don't get me wrong in the brief time I've played 4 I thought it was a good game with a lot going for it. But I think there's a tendency to view past games with nostalgia goggles.

BFV could have been a great game, it just released far too early. If it received the proper support it could be a great game now, Dice just have too much to fix and refine and seemingly not the manpower or time to do it in. 
    Yes, PC.  Movement doesn't feel clunky to me, it feels "free".  I don't have to wait for silly animations when entering and exiting vehicles.  There are a few guns that probably are overused due to balance issues, but there is definite variety to attachments and reasons behind each particular one.  Operation Locker is not a great BF map.  People mostly used that map to level up weapons or just as a frag fest, same as Metro.  There aren't a ton of servers and yes, Golmud is a popular map because of the vehicle ratio, but remember how old this game is.  A good pilot in BF4 is formidable in something like a Little Bird, but conversely, a good player with A-A can position themselves accordingly and stop the 100-0 kill streaks pretty easily.  I'm not looking at it through nostalgia goggles, I just played it for 20 hours these past few days and it's, without a question, 10x better than BFV.  It's 6 years old and is still fun to play today.  Meanwhile, I'll never pick up BFV or BF1 again.  
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFBulletin wrote: »
    (Quote)
    (Quote)
    I was referring to the Update 4.4.

4.6 is scheduled for September right? You doing 2 patches in one month?
  • TheTrooperx86
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just announced , DICE will be replacing their dev team with a hologram of Drummer Lars ulrich from Metallica , this will prevent further delays due to his mistakes while he plays the four horseman
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Critical bugs huh...doesn't almost every other update they put out come with some sort of critical bug? I thought it was some purposely twisted tradition at DICE to include one or more every other update.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ferdinand_J_Foch  conversely the game play loop allowed you to earn Battlepacks at an acceptable rate so there was no incentive to purchase them with real money in BF4. I don't really run into many bugs in BF3\4 and I play them pretty frequently.
    Yes, compared to BFV's MTX, the ones BF4 has is decent enough. Earning Gold Battlepacks is easy enough, to the point that you actually get sick of opening so many of them only to get a ton of 24% XP boosts. I can't agree on the crashes though ... it's a lot better than it used to be, but BF4 still crashes every once in a while, no matter which platform I try it on. I also get that weird glitch where the terrain doesn't load properly for the first ten seconds of a match on Conquest, though after those ten seconds, the terrain goes back to normal. Half of the time, whenever I try to join a server, my game freezes and I have to log off to solve the issue.

Oh well.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shame everything is delayed.  Doesn't bode well for the future of the game.