Broken Damage model is still in the game.

MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I consistently do over 100 damage to people and they don't die. Then in in the death screen it shows them having a large amount of health. It's not a ping issue either because I have low ping and I check the enemy ping and it's not high when it happens. This has been going on for months and no one seems to address it. It happens several times a round. It's not caused by them healing either. It seems to happen most often with high rate of fire guns like the Thompson and Suomi. 

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Haha yeah I know. I mean you have to take this game as one long punch line and just laugh.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haha yeah I know. I mean you have to take this game as one long punch line and just laugh.
    It's baffling that DICE does not seem to be aware of this bug though. It's gotta be the most obvious issue. Incompetence must be the main requirement to get hired by DICE.
  • ElliotLH
    8203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It's baffling that DICE does not seem to be aware of this bug though. It's gotta be the most obvious issue. Incompetence must be the main requirement to get hired by DICE.

They are aware of it. It's on the QoL Tracker and the CMs have addressed it. Looks like it's yet another bug they don't know how to fix, same with whatever issue is stopping Al Soondun from being released for larger modes.
  • The_BERG_366
    2309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I consistently do over 100 damage to people and they don't die. Then in in the death screen it shows them having a large amount of health. It's not a ping issue either because I have low ping and I check the enemy ping and it's not high when it happens. This has been going on for months and no one seems to address it. It happens several times a round. It's not caused by them healing either. It seems to happen most often with high rate of fire guns like the Thompson and Suomi. 
    its a UI bug nothing more. so if it displays 120 damage you didn't actually hit shots with a combined damage of 120.... in that way you don't get "robbed" of kills and you don't actually do consistently more than 100 damage. yes its somewhat annoying but you can just keep in mind to not trust the numbers blindly and you should be fine. 
  • mudpig44
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    its a UI bug nothing more. so if it displays 120 damage you didn't actually hit shots with a combined damage of 120.... in that way you don't get "robbed" of kills and you don't actually do consistently more than 100 damage. yes its somewhat annoying but you can just keep in mind to not trust the numbers blindly and you should be fine. 

Thanks for clarifying. We all feel so much happier knowing it's us and not them (Dice) with the problem. 😎😎😎
  • The_BERG_366
    2309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 said:
    (Quote)

Thanks for clarifying. We all feel so much happier knowing it's us and not them (Dice) with the problem. 😎😎😎
    no its still dices problem. i just stated that keeping this in mind should help not feeling like being robbed of kills or being frustrated over thinking that you should have won a gunfight based on the displayed numbers. 
  • SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

That's pretty much how I started to look at it. Nowhere does it say it's a % of health, and does it say anywhere definitely that everyone has exactly 100 HP to work with? I look at it more like points scored, which actually does apply to certain assignments.

• MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    Looks like the new patch fixed this issue. You can close this thread mods.