Should I start a new Battlefield 1 career?

NelAraby4
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 27
Hi. So I have been playing Battlefield 1 on the PS4 since launch for quite some time now with 300 hours of gameplay, to be exact. The game was fantastic. I unlocked all DLC weapons through challenges. I did not pay for anything. I'm currently reaching rank 99 and maxed out almost all my classes. Reaching such numbers has costed me a lot of effort.

I made the switch to PC gaming last year because I simply thought it was a better platform for me. I bought Battlefield 1 and tried it there. I found it was impressive and had more features than on PS4 (In-game chat). According to the Internet, it is not possible for me to transfer my Battlefield progress to PC. Knowing this, I have been very hesitant to continue playing on the PC version as all weapons were locked and my stats were reset. I still continued to play Battlefield 1 on the PS4.

I still do not know which is the right choice. I really want to play everything on the PC but I think all this progress is too much to sacrifice. What do I do in this situation? Please share your opinions and try to help me in this dilemma. Money also plays an important factor here as I do not have Premium Pass on the PC. Thanks!

Comments

• Ronin9572
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have over 1500 hours across 3 accounts on PS4. I love leveling up and unlocking weapons. I even mostly finished the service star challenge on my main, getting a service star on every weapon and variant. I platinumed the game on my main. This game is like my 3rd favorite of all time, definitely my favorite shooter. It's all about having fun. If you enjoy it on PC than go for it, maybe get Premium when you get the chance. I waited 6 months for the game to come out, and another 9 months to get Premium pass. I know some ppl don't like starting over and losing everything, but I can understand. Enjoy the game either way!
  • WetFishDB
    1984 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 27
    It all comes down to personal preference.  If you like PC, then it really wouldn't take all that long to unlock the guns you most like using.  Sure, it'll take a bit of time to get the skins you like, but that's about it really.  I created an Alt account when there was stuttering issues (part of the Apocalypse DLC) and in less than 2 hours I was up to rank 22 and had unlocked some of my preferred guns.  You'd be surprised at how quickly you can level up if you PTFO.

As for stats, your performance on PC may well be different to PS4 anyway - plus you wouldn't have all the same learning curves as you now know the maps and understand gameplay strategies etc.
  • Ronin9572
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    It all comes down to personal preference.  If you like PC, then it really wouldn't take all that long to unlock the guns you most like using.  Sure, it'll take a bit of time to get the skins you like, but that's about it really.  I created an Alt account when there was stuttering issues (part of the Apocalypse DLC) and in less than 2 hours I was up to rank 22 and had unlocked some of my preferred guns.  You'd be surprised at how quickly you can level up if you PTFO.

As for stats, your performance on PC may well be different to PS4 anyway - plus you wouldn't have all the same learning curves as you now know the maps and understand gameplay strategies etc.

Ugghh don't remind me of the learning curve! I was absolutely horrible at the game with a well below 1 KD ratio for a long time. Lol
  • BullseyeJimBowen
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For sure. I remember restarting BF3 when I transfered from Xbox to PC and it was odd how I gravitated towards different weapons/playstyles the second time around. Could have been Joypad/mouse differences or just could have been I fancied a change, but comparing the two profiles a year later they were way different with preferences. Definitely start again, I say, and use the experience to experiment!
  • WetFishDB
    1984 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:

Ugghh don't remind me of the learning curve! I was absolutely horrible at the game with a well below 1 KD ratio for a long time. Lol
    lol, I was the same.  I remember when I finally dragged it up to 1.  Now I get frustrated if I go below 3 in a game lol
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)
    lol, I was the same.  I remember when I finally dragged it up to 1.  Now I get frustrated if I go below 3 in a game lol

Damn guy, I have to party with you! Still haven't reached 2 on any of my accounts. But I still have fun and enjoy the game. Hey even if I just have to help the better players and the team in general!
  • MarxistDictator
    4876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game doesn't really have any grind-related blocks to prevent that. The starter weapons are extremely competitive and everything gets unlocked right away. Nothing to earn for vehicles besides their alt loadouts. Why not.
  • NelAraby4
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Damn guy, I have to party with you! Still haven't reached 2 on any of my accounts. But I still have fun and enjoy the game. Hey even if I just have to help the better players and the team in general!

What's your PS4 name? I'm ZestyDEMON you can add me and we can squad up
  • disposalist
    8505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you've gotten reasonable at the game it won't take long to unlock everything.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you've gotten reasonable at the game it won't take long to unlock everything.

How's the hunt for the Russian Axe going ;-)
  • WetFishDB

I gave up on that one.  And the knife. 
  • WetFishDB
    Ronin9572 said:
    (Quote)

Don't worry about your KDR too much.  I'm a little stats obsessed, but never actually let it detract from just having fun.  It really isn't the be-all.  Much more important to work well as a team, play the objective etc.  I'm not online all that often at the moment, and nowadays I normally play with a platoon in a party, and platoon mates always take priority in squads etc, but if you see me online more than happy for you to join in a game :)  IGN on PSN is: Wetfish-DB.
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)
    Don't worry about your KDR too much.  I'm a little stats obsessed, but never actually let it detract from just having fun.  It really isn't the be-all.  Much more important to work well as a team, play the objective etc.  I'm not online all that often at the moment, and nowadays I normally play with a platoon in a party, and platoon mates always take priority in squads etc, but if you see me online more than happy for you to join in a game :)  IGN on PSN is: Wetfish-DB.

I never get worried about my KDR. It's still going up the more I play, as it should. Course it's also better for each of my accounts as well. Playing BF1 is all about having fun and trying to help others, to me.
  • disposalist
    8505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Ok. Not *everything* hehe. I gave up on that axe. I'm not playing 100s of operations just for the loot box randomness to frustrate me.

I did get my last medal though a few weeks back!  Finally the last one came up for the first time!  Only 2+ years in, eh?  Great system, that.
  • ragnarok013
    3074 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    NelAraby4 said:
    Hi. So I have been playing Battlefield 1 on the PS4 since launch for quite some time now with 300 hours of gameplay, to be exact. The game was fantastic. I unlocked all DLC weapons through challenges. I did not pay for anything. I'm currently reaching rank 99 and maxed out almost all my classes. Reaching such numbers has costed me a lot of effort.

I made the switch to PC gaming last year because I simply thought it was a better platform for me. I bought Battlefield 1 and tried it there. I found it was impressive and had more features than on PS4 (In-game chat). According to the Internet, it is not possible for me to transfer my Battlefield progress to PC. Knowing this, I have been very hesitant to continue playing on the PC version as all weapons were locked and my stats were reset. I still continued to play Battlefield 1 on the PS4.

I still do not know which is the right choice. I really want to play everything on the PC but I think all this progress is too much to sacrifice. What do I do in this situation? Please share your opinions and try to help me in this dilemma. Money also plays an important factor here as I do not have Premium Pass on the PC. Thanks!
    NelAraby4 I've played on every platform since BC2 so I feel you. I recommend to keep playing as if you enjoy the game you'll enjoy it on multiple platforms even if you have to re-do some of the assignments and challenges. I personally wish that we could have one soldier linked to all platforms that we own.
  • NelAraby4
    Same here, to be honest. Is it too late to make that change?
  • NelAraby4

Man. It's just impossible to earn puzzle pieces for that weapon!
  • NelAraby4
    edited September 20
    NelAraby4 wrote: »
    Same here, to be honest. Is it too late to make that change?
    Post edited by NelAraby4 on
  • NelAraby4
    (Quote)

I added you so we can squad up.