Will you be getting the next Battlefield after what we've got with BFV

TropicPoison
2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I know I probably won't not for months down the road at least and that's only if it has stellar reviews comparing it to any of the past ACTUALLY FUN Battlefield games, and I sure as hell will not be getting it at all if it's another live service game.

I like everyone else is jumping ship (I did months and months ago I'm on the shore watching it sink like the titanic) and getting the new Modern Warfare because it actually looks damn good giving players what they want.

There was a guy that posted a thread with a vid referring to how one guy went around to each of the teams saying what they need to change or do with God of War, which is a vid I think DICE should watch honestly but it was moved to off-topic to die and not be seen, I know one thing the talent that all previous Battlefield games had isn't here or showing at all in BFV.

I've felt no immersion at all playing BFV which is a big factor for me when I play videogames I didn't even feel any in the sad crappy campaign it has, it also has the worst Battlefield campaign yet imo.

People who are burned out with BFV could try Planetside 2, it's more sci-fi but it feels more Battlefield than BFV ever will.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I learned my lesson. There will be hype but alot of us are now immune/repelled by EA marketing hype. I mean it could be great in which case many including myself will preorder but we can now easily sense if a game is ready or not. All we need is to see the trailer and alpha. That said I am almost certain it's going to be a visual feast that is near unplayable. I highly highly doubt I'll be pre-ordering or buying within the first 3 months.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I been asking for Bad Company 3 long before we got BF3,BF4,Hardline,BF1,BF5.  Time has come, its with in a year and a few months.  Besides Bad Company 3 was suppose to be out before BF5.  BC3 already had 2+ years development how long ago when BF5 first released.  Bad Company 2 was the last awesome battlefield.
  • mrtwotimes
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most likely, I don't have a hard time enjoying the game(s) even with the "problems" that existing in each release.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also Bad Company 3 is next gen consoles launch title. I been ready for next gen for a while now.
  • DaMutha1
    1211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will buy it, but I will certainly not preorder or buy "deluxe".
  • barnesalmighty2
    1479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will buy it but not for at least 6 months after release.
  • Elephante33
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    personally if they do the same SJW thing they pulled before the release of this one I prob wont pay, because I dont want to reward that kind of behaviour. 
    I looked passed it and bought the game anyways, premium i might add, because I love Battlefield, but I wont accept it a second time

That not withstanding, I think I will either buy the next title and not touch it for a year so that I can play it like I got a finished product from day one of my game career, or not buy it at all and wait said year for the same reason.

The second option might be the best, when I finally got a computer to run BF4, I got to buy all the DLC and premium all in one good bundle and didnt have any bugs
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Won't be pre ordering it, that's for sure. There's no rush. I'll wait to see what people are saying about it. If it's another live service model than that's a red flag for me giving that BFV has shown DICE has no clue how to implement it properly, and whether they learned from BFV to improve on the model certainly won't be known at release. The general issue for me when it comes to BF games is that EA is always scheming on how to best monetize their IPs. After BF3 every single game has had some sort of mechanic which would entice people to spend more money whether it was short cuts, or skins of some sort. EA will never quit in terms of finding this balance with every game they own, which always puts a risk on gameplay enjoyment.
  • GhostsOfWar119
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Make the next title In a modern fiction setting then yeah I will.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Make the next title In a modern fiction setting then yeah I will.

I wouldn't hold out hope for it if it's the exact same people that made BFV, I'm sure it won't be like BF3/BF4 either fun wise.
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    100% no. Unless it is made by a completely different studio with a different engine. 
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not in a million years. Unless its F2P or I can pick it up for less than a fiver. Will not pay full or half price for another bug ridden mess.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It depends, really.

I certainly won't preorder the next Battlefield game. If it's Bad Company 3, I won't buy it no matter how 'good' it is. If it's a sequel to 2142, or a Vietnam FPS, I'll look into it, but I'll still be highly cautious this time around.
  • Zviko0
    1623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes unless it's Hardline 2.
  • GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I will unless its like BFV
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Let me See,
    Battlefield Hardline = Failure
    Battlefield 1 = Failure
    Battlefield 5 = Failure
    Star Wars Battlefront = Failure
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 = Failure

Yeah, I am glad I skipped not buying it. I got a 2080 with a free CD key and I have yet to even install origin back on my PC. This is all I know about DICE and EA and Battlefield, they can not make a game that is worth buying and fun to play. They could not give away BFV for $30 a month after launch. EA makes promises to get people to buy the game and Leave Braddock out to apoligze for it. DICE calls it a marketing blunder https://mp1st.com/news/dice-unaware-of-promised-battlefield-5-new-vehicles-due-to-marketing-blunder I just dont see any hope in the future especially with staff leaviing DICE and EA in groves. EA milks a studio for all they can the shuts them down. Is DICE or BIOWARE next?

I will definitly wait until well after launch.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely not Pre Order that is for sure. I will be waiting weeks if not a Month to see if the game is broken.

More then likely rent it and try it.
  • azelenkin0306
    555 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No. They lost me as a customer after BF1 Apocalypse. Also I respect DICE, but I don’t want to buy anything that comes from EA.

I’ve been waiting for BFV, hoping that it will be a BF1 + grander scale - some BF1 annoying stuff. But they decided to make a circus out of WW2. That’s fine, seems like a lot of people even like this “WW2 never seen before” approach. I am not one of them :)
  • ForbidRhyme
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    First Battlefield game since Bad Company that I won't be preordering. And I will never pick it up unless incredible reviews come with it.

I'm not hopeful for future games, not with this performance. It's a shame, I used to get super excited for the new battlefield and now it's just "meh".

I miss the glory days of BF3/4.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If it's live service and bc3 then no.
    Didn't get hardline either but BF1 was nice imo.

Dlcs took long but premium was worth it.