Still crashing about every day... And Squad joining is frustrating...

TectonicGuns
305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Will the crashes ever stop?  I play daily and I get a crash every 5 or 6 matches.  Now the several of the crashes have even occurred out-of-game in the menus!

Crash symptom- game slows, weird stuff happens all in a couple seconds, then freezes, with often a loud 'burrr' noise for two or three seconds then boom- to the XBox dashboard. 

Also I've had weird stuff, like all the HUD elements disappear and can't hit register will have to exit game to revert to "normal" whatever that is.

XBox S, Oceania

Also, Squad joining is so crazy. Sometimes it works, but often you get in a squad but fall to join game and are in limbo land. Sometimes hearing one squad but being in another. Or having to msg to get an invite to from a sqd mate to join. Sometimes it has to be a XBox invite not BF invite. So frustrating.  It's like all the stuff DICE figured out how to do in previous titles has been thrown out the door. 

Comments

• NauticalTrackin
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My favorite one is when I join on friends via the squad menu to play and I get placed in a queue. I finally get out of the queue and start loading in. I see the map loading screen (the one with the picture and the name of the map) and just before it finishes loading in, the screen will go black with the wheel in the top right corner spinning. Then poof, I’m suddenly back in the main menu back in a queue. It will usually repeat this several times before I successfully manage to load into the actual game. Quite annoying to say the least.

I haven’t experienced any crashing in awhile though for me it was few and far between for me.
  • Mr_Tinman08
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had a friend invite me into a game while he's sat waiting for the round to load. Game loads me into a squad while he's still on the loading screen and then when he does join he's in a different squad.

After game crashes I used to load it back up again, then I stopped doing that and now I've uninstalled it altogether.
  • mudpig44
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's become clear that Dice, in an effort to save costs, have only employed programmers that can create but not fix.