Headshots take multiple shots

Jargon113
55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Why is it that almost every gun takes 2 to even three or more shots to get a headshot? I have only found 2 sniper rifles that will give a headshot with one shot.

This is not how it was in previous games, why the change?

Comments

• zasers
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    snipers = 1 shot headshot .. well revolver and shotguns are there too :D
  • Noodlesocks
    3442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only bolt actions can 1 shot with a headshot at any range. I'm fairly sure that's how it has always been. Carbines can too but at a shorter range.
  • ElliotLH
    8992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    All of the bolt action rifles kill with one headshot (as will some medic carbines within certain ranges). The scout SLRs will take two unfortunately.
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be a cool mechanic if non-lethal headshots (did I just say that...?) put you in a down and stunned state, but still capable of shooting. If you don't get finished off, you can get back up eventually or a medic/squadmate can pick you up in half the usual time then when dead. At least something to reward a player for hitting the head regardless of the gun and make things more interesting.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    All of the bolt action rifles kill with one headshot (as will some medic carbines within certain ranges). The scout SLRs will take two unfortunately.
    Just a note. Whilst this is true, I have found that often I will receive the red hit marker indicating I have hit a head shot, but due to the bullet having penetrated an object prior to hitting the head, the kill is not awarded. Happens quite often to me.

Just a FYI for OP if that might explain why his BAR head shots aren't one shotting...
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's called balance.
  • ElliotLH
    8992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JUJAMAKILL wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Just a note. Whilst this is true, I have found that often I will receive the red hit marker indicating I have hit a head shot, but due to the bullet having penetrated an object prior to hitting the head, the kill is not awarded. Happens quite often to me.

Just a FYI for OP if that might explain why his BAR head shots aren't one shotting...

Good note to make with the wonky hit detection.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm more concerned with why my headshot with a G43 followed by a body shot seems to only be fatal about 50% of the time, when it should be 100%. I know the reason, it's people spamming the bandage button and denying me a fair kill. It's the same with sniper rifles, although if you're using a bolt-action and actually get a headshot it's a one hit kill regardless of distance.

I'm not a fan of the bandage mechanic for this very reason. In previous games evasive and reactionary maneuvers were a skill, now players just spam the bandage button and dive for the nearest cover, because instantly the enemy has to put a lot more bullets into you.
  • amkingchar
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Am I still the only one who still doesn't like this system of  head-shots and especially sniper rifles ? I mean we are talking about balance but if you are specifically lets say play as a scout you need 100% head shot to get the kill or be lucky to hit an enemy that was already been hurt just to deal 50% dmg but if you come close to an assault you better pray for it some times to get a good quick scope ! 

I mean ok now it takes skill and minimizes the scouts in a team but I would prefer the sweet spot at least scout didn't felt so vulnerable as it is right now! And the feeling of getting outgunned wasn't there ! Right now you could get an assault class choose a rifle with a good scope on it and deal some... well good dmg ! And if we are going to take it realistically as the devs wanted the game to look like ! BF1 which was WW1 had more powerful weapons but BFV in that case WW2 less powerful ?? hm..... ! Personally I would like to see the sweet spot return but I don't have big hopes for that !
  • Matty101yttam
    1339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd be happy if headshots registered as headshots, i'm trying to do the assignments and headshots on objectives is near impossible, aiming at nothing but the head the shots still don't register as headshot kills, likewise in situations where the head is the ONLY thing visible...nope not a headshot.
    I'm constantly getting a couple of kills shy on that assignment and if those headshots counted i would have done them all by now.
  • TFBisquit
    2117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah noticed that also.
    Anyways, the server decides if your hits count. Could be the server saw him ducking earlier while on your screen he's still visible. Same as tanks appearing behind you while a second ago there was nothing. On your screen ofcourse.
    There is a discrepancy between what the server sees, and your client renders.
  • StealthAria
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    All BAs can get a 1HK, but the damage goes to **** if the bullet so much as clips a blade of grass.  Worse yet, they completely screwed up a lot of the muzzle positions and made most of the snipers fire from far below the actual barrel, so you can still end up shooting your cover even if you're exposed down to your knees.
    Just how bad is the damage when you clip something?  Even the Boys AT rifle can't get a headshot kill from within 100m if you hit so much as a leaf.

SLRs are balanced in what is probably the stupidest way, headshots mean absolutely nothing on any of them beyond 20m, and even then there's only 1 that can 1HK.  You'd be dead wrong if you thought that means a higher firerate is better, the faster firing SLRs take more shots to kill and end up quickly falling behind SARs in damage per shot, let alone damage per second.

Note to  mods: there was never any word actually there and still isn't.  Whatever word you're filling in is purely on you.  The extra censorship is unnecessary.  They already block half the language, you don't need to go around changing every batch of asterisks you see, save it for when people actually find a way around the censor.
    A fair chunk of the time it isn't even us using any kind of foul language, but rather whoever created this censor being ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ over something and blocking whatever related words they can get away with.  Can't even call the German forces by the proper name, have to make the whole country look bad.
    Post edited by StealthAria on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13845 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Jargon113 said:
    Why is it that almost every gun takes 2 to even three or more shots to get a headshot? I have only found 2 sniper rifles that will give a headshot with one shot.

This is not how it was in previous games, why the change?
    Every battlefield has had multiple hits to the head to kill,  With the exception of Shotgun Slugs,  ALL Sniper Rifles,  And Revolvers as mentioned above.
  • dannyB0i87
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm more concerned with why my headshot with a G43 followed by a body shot seems to only be fatal about 50% of the time, when it should be 100%. I know the reason, it's people spamming the bandage button and denying me a fair kill. It's the same with sniper rifles, although if you're using a bolt-action and actually get a headshot it's a one hit kill regardless of distance.

I'm not a fan of the bandage mechanic for this very reason. In previous games evasive and reactionary maneuvers were a skill, now players just spam the bandage button and dive for the nearest cover, because instantly the enemy has to put a lot more bullets into you.
    Nonsense. 
    Pay attention to damage dealt after each hit - after dice slightly nerfed g43 and selbstlader 1916 a while back depending on range it could be 1headshot+1bodyshot or at a longer distance might need another bodyshot