Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V - Update 4.4

Comments

  • VOLBANKER
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    Did not improve cheat protection? This update is irrelevant. 
    But you don’t need to care, right? I mean: You said above you “hit alt f4 and never looked back” (which you did anyway apparently, since you write this post too)
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    zenn_nme said:
    I can't find a game of Conquest in Europe tonight, is this because everyone is patching or is there an issue with the server browser?

    I'm letting the bugs and issues slide as I can't be bothered to report them - I have spotted 4 that still haven't be resolved. 3 of these have been there since release
    Last night; 17 Conquest Europe servers in total, all full, 5+ in queue.  :| Something ain't going right...
    It took until 22:00 for the servers to fill (update took an hour or so), I updated at lunchtime due to leave from work so I was ready to play but no one else was! That and many are playing Squad Conquest. Shame there isn't a rotation for the new maps as I'm fed up of Rotterdam, Arras, Fjell and Hamada. How about a Mercury, Marita, Lofoten and Provence playlist?
  • vSTARVOIDv
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OK, guys. I've already wrote to discord and moders told me that if I want devs to read me, I should go to forums. So, much respected EA and DICE, I hoped to see some stuff in this update, and I wonder why didn't you added this from the begining. In bf1 we can change teams, but in bfv we have mathes like 3vs8 or even more disbalanced. After all, it's very sad that we can't duel our friends or play in opposing team. The function in bf1 to fight 1v1 with friend before a round, warm up and have some fun and practice is cool. I want this in bfv too, and I think it's not about only me. Many people in-game complain about no team switching. Plus if there was possibility to create own servers it would be nice. Even just-for-fun without rewards (if you don't want players to farm levels by killing each other in collusion) or paid servers like we have in bf1. IDK, why didn't you added this already, but this things are necessary. Maybe with some rules or restrictions, like no-swithing after some time after start, or no swithing to winning team, but add this please. The game is getting far more boring without this freedom. And after all, tnx for 4.4, smg fix is really cool. I hope, you're really listening to your loyal players and we can expect such improvements in the future.
  • elvergonmexicano
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You made firestorm worse, typical DICE move. (Can't loot anything... Was it so hard to play 5 mins to notice this?)

    You do not make anything against the cheaters. (We've submitted a list with more than 30 playing firestorm daily)

    BUT you have time to make stupid changes to weapons. You deliver small maps, instead of what you promised. You are unbelievable.
  • ElliotLH
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OK, guys. I've already wrote to discord and moders told me that if I want devs to read me, I should go to forums. So, much respected EA and DICE, I hoped to see some stuff in this update, and I wonder why didn't you added this from the begining. In bf1 we can change teams, but in bfv we have mathes like 3vs8 or even more disbalanced. After all, it's very sad that we can't duel our friends or play in opposing team. The function in bf1 to fight 1v1 with friend before a round, warm up and have some fun and practice is cool. I want this in bfv too, and I think it's not about only me. Many people in-game complain about no team switching. Plus if there was possibility to create own servers it would be nice. Even just-for-fun without rewards (if you don't want players to farm levels by killing each other in collusion) or paid servers like we have in bf1. IDK, why didn't you added this already, but this things are necessary. Maybe with some rules or restrictions, like no-swithing after some time after start, or no swithing to winning team, but add this please. The game is getting far more boring without this freedom. And after all, tnx for 4.4, smg fix is really cool. I hope, you're really listening to your loyal players and we can expect such improvements in the future.
    - The lack of team switching is a definite issue on PS4 and PC (you can do it still on Xbox) as it does mean that no-one could move over to try and balance a match themselves. It seems to have been intentional due to the complaints about people switching for easy wins in past titles (not sure if that is definitely the case, just what I've heard). You can however play against your friends if you join a match their in without using the squad join feature (admittedly it's not a guarantee as it depends which side the game puts you on, meaning you may need to quit and try again).
    - You can already mess around in pre-round on an empty server. I did that when experimenting with the finger-gun signal boxes as I didn't want to be bothered.
    - Private Games (as RSP is now known) is due this month assuming there are no delays.

  • hambaci_kuranger
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    On 1Gbit/s FTTH connection have now ping 40-50ms (before 16-17ms)? I don't see any player which have ping now under 20ms. I have configured showing graph when are problems with connection. Now not exists any server where I can't see this graph. Allways popup on every server (DE). Server browsers showing small ping but right in game isn't. And dying with Panzerfaust behind objects without destroying these objects aren't fun!
  • NLBartmaN
    3294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You made firestorm worse, typical DICE move. (Can't loot anything... Was it so hard to play 5 mins to notice this?)

    Yeah it was kind of sad to see that and more reason to get CTE back.

    When you kill a player the loots drops onto each other now, so you can't pick up the bottom loot if the top loot is a weapon, it just switches the weapon and drops your current one on top of the bottom one.

    Killing 1 player in a playtest would have been enough to notice that ... bring CTE back!
  • olavafar
    1959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    THIS ONE! Corrected the MAB 38 Mastery VI completion requirements 

    I normally refrain from calling the devs lazy but in this occasion I actually think they were. It was quite obvious the text was right in the original assignment and the conditions in the code were wrong. Still what they did was to change the texts (which is probably slightly easier than changing the code, especially if you cannot really program). 7 kills > 30 m in a life or 20 (uncertain on number here) with a MAB is not an easy task as this gun barely kills at that range. One really needs to play 'out of character' for a medic, basically hanging around back with the snipers. I have not done this (and although a completionist I do not think I ever will) but I highly doubt the final Mastery assignment is harder.
  • ElliotLH
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    THIS ONE! Corrected the MAB 38 Mastery VI completion requirements 

    I normally refrain from calling the devs lazy but in this occasion I actually think they were. It was quite obvious the text was right in the original assignment and the conditions in the code were wrong. Still what they did was to change the texts (which is probably slightly easier than changing the code, especially if you cannot really program). 7 kills > 30 m in a life or 20 (uncertain on number here) with a MAB is not an easy task as this gun barely kills at that range. One really needs to play 'out of character' for a medic, basically hanging around back with the snipers. I have not done this (and although a completionist I do not think I ever will) but I highly doubt the final Mastery assignment is harder.

    So did they actually do something with Mastery V then? I didn't check yesterday after I realised that Mastery VI isn't the one with 7 kills over 30m IOL / 25 kills over 30m, but the one after.
  • cHrYsHaaK
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cHrYsHaaK said:
    I need your help, the trophies still doesnt unlock! 

    I played 3 rounds conquest, but there is no Trophy
    1. Jack of all Trades,
    2. Elite, 
    3. Eager Beaver

    showing up. 


    What to do? Any special advice?? 

    Thanks  


    No1? 
  • Darthkrusty
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope the next map is going to be conquest, it's the backbone to battlefield and being neglected?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope the next map is going to be conquest, it's the backbone to battlefield and being neglected?
    They mentioned if the graphic bug is fixed we get Al Sundan conquest in 4.5 this month yet.  Operation Underground is early October 4.6.  Barring any delays.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    why do you neglect vehicles and maps WITH vehicles????????????????????????????

    Where is BATTLEFIELD????????????????
  • olavafar
    1959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    olavafar wrote: »
    THIS ONE! Corrected the MAB 38 Mastery VI completion requirements 

    I normally refrain from calling the devs lazy but in this occasion I actually think they were. It was quite obvious the text was right in the original assignment and the conditions in the code were wrong. Still what they did was to change the texts (which is probably slightly easier than changing the code, especially if you cannot really program). 7 kills > 30 m in a life or 20 (uncertain on number here) with a MAB is not an easy task as this gun barely kills at that range. One really needs to play 'out of character' for a medic, basically hanging around back with the snipers. I have not done this (and although a completionist I do not think I ever will) but I highly doubt the final Mastery assignment is harder.

    So did they actually do something with Mastery V then? I didn't check yesterday after I realised that Mastery VI isn't the one with 7 kills over 30m IOL / 25 kills over 30m, but the one after.
    Oh dear. Well, if they touched Mastery VI (which the note is indeed about) or not, I cannot say as I'm still on Mastery V (and not using the MAB atm). So, they did change the TEXT of Mastery V to match the code. It used to say 'in a round' on the 7 and nothing (meaning accumulates over rounds) on the 20. My guess is that the update note is incorrect and they did not touch Mastery VI or at least the Master V change is missing (Mastery VI is also wrong but that bug is not marked as solved in Answer HQ). As I now checked the Mastery VI bug I can also see that it is a lot easier than Mastery V which is really weird and just confirms my suspicion that the initial Mastery V text was correct but the program logic wrong. Still they changed the text instead.
  • ElliotLH
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    ElliotLH said:
    olavafar wrote: »
    THIS ONE! Corrected the MAB 38 Mastery VI completion requirements 

    I normally refrain from calling the devs lazy but in this occasion I actually think they were. It was quite obvious the text was right in the original assignment and the conditions in the code were wrong. Still what they did was to change the texts (which is probably slightly easier than changing the code, especially if you cannot really program). 7 kills > 30 m in a life or 20 (uncertain on number here) with a MAB is not an easy task as this gun barely kills at that range. One really needs to play 'out of character' for a medic, basically hanging around back with the snipers. I have not done this (and although a completionist I do not think I ever will) but I highly doubt the final Mastery assignment is harder.

    So did they actually do something with Mastery V then? I didn't check yesterday after I realised that Mastery VI isn't the one with 7 kills over 30m IOL / 25 kills over 30m, but the one after.
    Oh dear. Well, if they touched Mastery VI (which the note is indeed about) or not, I cannot say as I'm still on Mastery V (and not using the MAB atm). So, they did change the TEXT of Mastery V to match the code. It used to say 'in a round' on the 7 and nothing (meaning accumulates over rounds) on the 20. My guess is that the update note is incorrect and they did not touch Mastery VI or at least the Master V change is missing (Mastery VI is also wrong but that bug is not marked as solved in Answer HQ). As I now checked the Mastery VI bug I can also see that it is a lot easier than Mastery V which is really weird and just confirms my suspicion that the initial Mastery V text was correct but the program logic wrong. Still they changed the text instead.
    Thanks! It does indeed sound like they took the lazy approach then. Ah well, back to sniping from the spawn with an SMG it is then 🙄
  • R0ckw3II
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    every update, every [removed]..... my ping is from constant 25-30 now up to 50-60, thanks EA
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    Sorry guys, please help me....

    I have 70 gb of free space in my ssd ... but the update wont start.

    What is the solution ?
    Really i have to reinstall it to bypass this problem? I have read some people that are talking (writing in this forum) about this trouble.

    Re-install it is the way?
    For sure i dont want unistall bf4 , in the choice i will unistall bfv :)

    thanks in advance.

    [Edit]
    Maybe this will help some other.
    Reading ..... i found that clicking on repair on origin (mouse dx and then click on repair) the download of the patch will start.
    Now i'm downloading , if will be success or not i will feedback here.

    [Feedback]
    Yes, repairing the game will install the patch.
    Post edited by xX-ALeIaQ-Xx on
  • BOF_Davcbr-be
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gros bug sur firestorm, impossible de prendre la vie sur les cadavres
  • Kompura
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can only see full conquest servers or actually those that are having couple of people already in queue. Filter can't find any empty nor less than full servers. Some bug in this update or did they reduce the amount of conquest servers?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    Virtually no Conquest servers in Europe, pings in the hundreds. Another botch by DICE, we await the fix AGAIN...
Sign In or Register to comment.