Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V - Update 4.4

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Customisation per character instead of per class is bad. This should be reverted.

It is logical. For roleplay reasons it makes sense to have it tied to character, so you really play the same character across all classes. I guess this is a step into deeper customization. This could mean that they plan to add more faces or facial features to the game. They also reasoned this is because it makes it easier to add new factions.
    For us it means that we either play one character now, or a certain set of different characters, which means a little work attached. This means that you can often identify buddies more easily by their uniform which will often stay the same independent of class, just as a sidenote.
    But is it fun?
  • doctorrocktor
    1800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not earning any company coin with this update,xb1

• Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lag everywhere, no EU servers, planes overpowered, shall i continue?
  • CT1924
    75 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fixed the scope glint on the Boys AT Rifle with the medium range scope 
    So does it glint now, or not glint?
    Also, noticed melee damage alterations, can we have a damage bar for melee weapons now? Most people think that they are just skins. 
    Overall, great update. And the mmg nerf should be really nice. Still useable, but not as op. And 2 new maps. Woohoo!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't find a single Conquest server in Europe, not one - unbelievable DICE - masterful incompetence once again
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    812 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well Conquest and Breakthrough are down for Europe, but at least while we wait we can play some Rush and Frontli....oh balls.
  • Kompura
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't find a single Conquest server in Europe, not one - unbelievable DICE - masterful incompetence once again

I'm having Conquest servers visible and I can join them but those are overcrowded, more than 4 people in queue in every server. Northern Europe.
  • SquaddFather
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    Heard on Reddit ppl are still getting crashes and bugs. Great... 

First round I crashed to desktop
  • Noodlesocks
    2874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So is the ping and server situation something we have to wait another month to be fixed?
  • Kompura
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    Heard on Reddit ppl are still getting crashes and bugs. Great... 

First round I crashed to desktop

I've had multiple crashes to desktop after the update. "luckily" I'm not the only one...
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    Kompura said:

I'm having Conquest servers visible and I can join them but those are overcrowded, more than 4 people in queue in every server. Northern Europe.
    Weird I have selected Europe, all maps, all slots including full...

EDIT

Just played around with the filters and selecting none for slots yields Conquest servers but all are full with large amounts of players queuing. Have DICE scaled back the amount of servers available for Conquest?
  • DJPTrack
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else having to pay company coin for SMG Specializations after they reset them? I'm out several thousand CC.
  • DJPTrack
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not earning any company coin with this update,xb1

Company coin are no longer earned during matches, but with each rank increase as you progress up your Career Rank.

See the link for how much you get per rank and how much XP is required to rank up.

https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/Battlefield_V_online_ranks
  • DanMik420
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More Conquest maps please!!! Enough with this alternate game modes!! The backbone and majority of your fans, die hard fans play conquest. Give conquest more love over these meaningless modes. Sure some poeple may like them but eventually we all go back to conquest. Please DICE more maps for conquest. Starting to feel like a CoD not battlefield. I love battlefied, because is exactly that a battlefield, give us more battlefields to fight in.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    Not played this in  a few months, good to see normal service is still in operation at dice.  :/

Suppose this is what happens when you take a game that needs 3 years of development and release it in under 2 as a 'triple a' early access title. 
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After trying the update for a while, I have to say that I really don't like the character-specific cosmetic options. It was better to customize characters based on the class, no matter the face you were using.

Before the patch, I used Helga and Elizabeth exclusively because I think they look the best from all of the different face options. Now, I'm very limited with this because I had crafted a unique look for each class. A unique look which can no longer exist while using my preferred character, because they must now all look the same.

I personally don't think this was a necessary change to the system, and it had instead put restrictions on my character customization when previously there were none. I hope this can be reverted in another patch, because it was far, far better before and I see this change as a very negative thing.

That said, Im currently enjoying the hair on the Axis soldiers. I'm very happy the baldness disease seems partially cured? :P I hope there will be more hairstyles and colors to be released!
  • ChazB1987
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just got an update, now I can't complete the weekly missions because of this, thanks EA, you really know how to upset people. I'm mad, but more upset, there should be a complete mission for people that can't get to finish the missions, my internet is good but not the good to get it downloaded, the update is usually for tonight not tuesday morning.
  • STOPchris
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is dirt! Just stop making this trash on PC. Go back to consoles where you belong EA! 
  • UMPhreak
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most SMGs were fine no buff needed. ZH29 and RSC snipers are pretty overpowered IMO maybe just reduce there range a bit. But more importantly when will the ping issue be fixed(unplayable IMO)
  • jroggs
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All these issues, and this is after they took an extra week specifically to make double-super-extra sure the patch wasn't going to create new problems.

It's only going to get worse after the Pacific update.