Weekly BF

Battlefield V - Update 4.4

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Customisation per character instead of per class is bad. This should be reverted.

It is logical. For roleplay reasons it makes sense to have it tied to character, so you really play the same character across all classes. I guess this is a step into deeper customization. This could mean that they plan to add more faces or facial features to the game. They also reasoned this is because it makes it easier to add new factions.
    For us it means that we either play one character now, or a certain set of different characters, which means a little work attached. This means that you can often identify buddies more easily by their uniform which will often stay the same independent of class, just as a sidenote.
    But is it fun?

Nothing that has to do with this game's UI can be labeled as fun. :D It does make it more convenient for dudes that just want one set of customization for everything. And for new players as well. It does open up some new possibilities for deeper customization, too. Like map specific uniforms, as an example.
  • TFBisquit
    1655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So is the cut down on European servers a permanent one? Is it one of the not mentioned changes in this patch? Because matchmaking puts me in a 64p server with some 5 others at 120ms ping, and eu server list just shows a dozen filled ones per mode, with some 10 players in the waiting room per server.
    Just want to know because last night I fired up the game multiple times but played none. Just quitted because I don’t want to wait as nr 10 or 11. And certainly don’t want to sit in a 120ms server with a handful of others.
  • Rab4tZ
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 5
    The worst update ever, unplayable on EU Server, all the time queue!!!

And why to the hell, all classes weare the same outfits, no chance to individual any Class, after patch. Is it a bug, or working as intent?!

Time for CoD in October
    Post edited by Rab4tZ on
  • the_Aherus
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Patch was delayed but BS bugs still persist. Keep up a great work guys! :D Hope you guys repair this before xmas.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 5
    Has there been any response or acknowledgement from DICE on not being able to find EU Conquest or Breakthrough servers and the few that are available are always full to capacity?

I can only see a response to the ping problem, which is obviously caused by matchmaking OOR. Some information would be useful!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 5
    Found it on Reddit - Jeff Braddock wrote (14 hours a go): -

This has been escalated to the Dev team. They're looking at ping issues, all servers full (requiring queue), and the amount of servers available. We'll have another update tomorrow, as noted in This Week in Battlefield V's post.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Found it on Reddit - Jeff Braddock wrote (14 hours a go): -

This has been escalated to the Dev team. They're looking at ping issues, all servers full (requiring queue), and the amount of servers available. We'll have another update tomorrow, as noted in This Week in Battlefield V's post.
    Jackfrags and the rest of the streamers that went to gamescom already were tossed in out of regions and took a while to find games.  That was in his youtube videos that week.
  • NLBartmaN
    3336 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rab4tZ said:
    The worst update ever, unplayable on EU Server, all the time queue!!!

And why to the hell, all classes weare the same outfits, no chance to individual any Class, after patch. Is it a bug, or working as intent?!

You devs from Bf V all sucks!
    Time for CoD in October
    The customization of characters is now character linked and no longer class linked.
    The system has changed for several reasons, 1 being in preparation for the new factions that will arrive with the Pacific update.

So change the character/face and you can still customize every class and make them look different.
  • DrunkOnRedWine

I think it is fixed - see Partwelsh's response to Westie
  • BillBailey0
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 5
    FFS Leave the modes alone, all I want to play is Conquest.
    PS Pings are still the same.
  • johnkapa1
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Change the Character cosmetics back so i can use the same character for each class and just change their uniforms. otherwise come out with cooler looking ppl. The characters you have now are too dorky. 
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok Dice this is the feedback for the update.

Installation : bad, i have to repair the game to play. The 22gb size that in the real you need 44 gb ... as developer i want know wtf  is this, why i need the double size to download, this is the first time in my internet experience that a download is bigger than the file downloaded. i m oriented that maybe some one (careless ?) put in a copy of update in the package. Is the only one reason that i can think for the double size for the download. When is not this the reason i have to admit that there is something wrong with my pc but .... anyone got same feeling?

After some rounds , it's unplayable to me , not that previously this was the best fps in the market , but some enjoyed moment i got .... now instead my ping is high even if  i'm playing in eu server (in my case) but generally other player pings are high too so i think that now the casuality of gameplay bugs is extremized.

For the improvements in this patch, i have noticed only a great , general,  LAG ... so im sorry but i can't write a feedback because actually i can just say that it's unplayable. 

Cheaters are a problem, but i think that in this update the feedback for cheating in this game is useless because not a single "improvement" is related to the cheater stuff.

What else?... Keep the good working?
  • vSTARVOIDv
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, ElliotLH, I'll continue to wait for team switching. Incoming private matches is a good news, tnx for that. Thhere are a lot of solutions how to fight with win-farming switchers, I believe that there are clever people in DICE so they'll figure out something. Radically removing a whole function is simply spoiling the game and making it defective. Like a fly in the ointment.

P.S. How to change an avatar here? I found a cool art and added there my nickname but couldn't find where to add it.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • ElliotLH
    8410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, ElliotLH, I'll continue to wait for team switching. Incoming private matches is a good news, tnx for that. Thhere are a lot of solutions how to fight with win-farming switchers, I believe that there are clever people in DICE so they'll figure out something. Radically removing a whole function is simply spoiling the game and making it defective. Like a fly in the ointment.

P.S. How to change an avatar here? I found a cool art and added there my nickname but couldn't find where to add it.
    It's my hope too that they give us back team switching so players can at least hopefully balance lopsided matches themselves. I can't imagine that many people being desperate enough for a win that there'd be mass abuse of the system, although there will obviously be some. 

If you want to change your avatar here just create an account on gravatar.com and upload the image there. Any site which uses Gravatar will show the image.
  • Noodlesocks
    2905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stuck in downed state bug is back for the 3rd (or is it 4th?) time.
  • DSRqsd
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 5
    Since the patch, my ping is very high, normally i have 40-50 ping, and now, 78-90 ping, what happen?? 
  • ElliotLH
    8410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stuck in downed state bug is back for the 3rd (or is it 4th?) time.
    Oh damn.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    This is a step in the right direction, but to be honest how many people are ever going to stop and watch a tutorial before just diving in?

I still think noob lobbies would be best, new players won't just be getting farmed by the more experienced and they'll survive long enough to learn the mechanics of Battlefield.
    i.e You have to reach a certain rank, say level 10 and have capped/defended so many objectives, complete x amount of revives, resupply's, spots etc before you get released into the wild.
  • TFBisquit
    1655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think it is fixed - see Partwelsh's response to Westie

Looks fixed here. Good one.