Weekly BF

At this point, it's meaningless...

124»

Comments

• Sharkbite9204
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Curiosity : the thread title sez "at this point" but if BF4 took 18 months to finally get sorted out and BFV is only just 10 months out , then . . .
    maybe the title's wrong , or , the thread's too early .

The title is correct. I stand firm in my belief that when it comes to DICE fixing this game and retaining its playerbase, that ship has sailed.

I certainly haven't forgotten what an absolute crap show BF4's release was. Only the most dedicated players (myself included) stuck with that game through thick and thin while the devs sorted everything out. But that was 3 games (technically 2 since BFH was made by Visceral) and over 6 years ago. Why are we still having these kinds of problems in 2019?

BF4 should have been the lifetime lesson that you dont release a Battlefield game undercooked. Hell, any game for that matter. How many times do we have to deal with a broken/incomplete game on release before DICE/EA gets it through their thick skulls that this is an unacceptable business practice?

Because frankly I'm tired of it.

They have the audacity to launch this game half-baked and then don't even have the manpower or the competence to fix it afterwards. Like I said, their credibility as a AAA studio is kaput.
  • someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From when I started playing this franchise, quality of product has been getting worse over time. BF:BC1 was fun, BF:BC2 was AMAZING, BF3 was the peak, BF4 was trash until a year after launch, BF1 was excellent, BFV has been a disaster.
  • Wikstone
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 16
    Curiosity : the thread title sez "at this point" but if BF4 took 18 months to finally get sorted out and BFV is only just 10 months out , then . . .
    maybe the title's wrong , or , the thread's too early .
    Bf4 had so many things more: Battlelog, battlescreen, battalions, third party servers, procon support etc. BFV is just a simple game with none of those things, so it should been fixed by now.

Edit. it also had emblem editor.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wikstone wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Bf4 had so many things more: Battlelog, battlescreen, battalions, third party servers, procon support etc. BFV is just a simple game with none of those things, so it should been fixed by now.

BFV is what happens when a studio intends for there to be no lasting community so we all have to buy the next game.

• SirBobdk
    4195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wikstone said:

BF4 just had far better maps, more fun and more ways to play. BFV has almost only infantry play.
  • GrizzGolf
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Im sad with how everything has been going in this game. I hope the pacific update will breath new life into it
  • SendTheInfantry
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf said:
    Im sad with how everything has been going in this game. I hope the pacific update will breath new life into it

We first have to see the proper version of Al-Sundan. DICE is having big troubles internally with employment of developers.
  • NLBartmaN
    3586 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We first have to see the proper version of Al-Sundan. DICE is having big troubles internally with employment of developers.
    In a couple of weeks another very experienced (14 years) dev is leaving Dice, so that problem will only get bigger ...
  • PeaceWeaver
    89 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Different strokes, I guess. I’m having loads of fun with BFV — especially now that I’ve gotten a bit better at the game. There are issues with BFV, to be sure: namely team balance issues (most noticeable in small modes like Squad Conquest), hit registration issues during lag spikes, lack of variety in maps, and the new ping bug. For the most part, though, I find the game enjoyable. I’m far more annoyed by other players (camping recons/support who do absolutely nothing for the team, cowardly corner campers who teabag you when they kill you from their hiding spot despite being at the bottom of the scoreboard, etc) than I am by the game itself.

These forums seem to be full of people who wrote off the game early on and stopped playing it around launch because they were dying faster than they did in BF1, or because they disagreed with certain artistic directions taken by the devs. I don’t fault anyone for sticking around in these forums when they haven’t played the game in months, but I do have to wonder what people get out of continuing to complain about a game they don’t even play anymore and have no intention of playing. Some of you guys sound like jaded lovers who just can’t move on with your lives and keep harassing your ex.
  • PeaceWeaver
    Different strokes, I guess. I’m having loads of fun with BFV — especially now that I’ve gotten a bit better at the game. There are issues with BFV, to be sure: namely team balance issues (most noticeable in small modes like Squad Conquest), hit registration issues during lag spikes, lack of variety in maps, and the new ping bug. For the most part, though, I find the game enjoyable. I’m far more annoyed by other players (camping recons/support who do absolutely nothing for the team, cowardly corner campers who teabag you when they kill you from their hiding spot despite being at the bottom of the scoreboard, etc) than I am by the game itself.

These forums seem to be full of people who wrote off the game early on and stopped playing it around launch because they were dying faster than they did in BF1, or because they disagreed with certain artistic directions taken by the devs. I don’t fault anyone for sticking around in these forums when they haven’t played the game in months, but I do have to wonder what people get out of continuing to complain about a game they don’t even play anymore and have no intention of playing. Some of you guys sound like jaded lovers who just can’t move on with your lives and keep harassing your ex.

No they don’t. They sound like fans of the series that don’t like the direction the series is heading in.

But i’d expect somebody who is more annoyed by teabagging than by multiple network issues to get confused with that.

Sorry for enjoying the game, despite the issues that I already acknowledged. I hope you find more enjoyment in the next game you play.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

No they don’t. They sound like fans of the series that don’t like the direction the series is heading in.

But i’d expect somebody who is more annoyed by teabagging than by multiple network issues to get confused with that.

Sorry for enjoying the game, despite the issues that I already acknowledged. I hope you find more enjoyment in the next game you play.

Dont be sorry for enjoying the game! I’ve got no issues with you enjoying the game. It’s your second paragraph that has nothing to do with you enjoying the game.
    You said you wonder why people still use the forums if they don’t like BFV. And then labelled those people. I corrected you. Sorry if you don’t like that.
  • PeaceWeaver

Dont be sorry for enjoying the game! I’ve got no issues with you enjoying the game. It’s your second paragraph that has nothing to do with you enjoying the game.
    You said you wonder why people still use the forums if they don’t like BFV. And then labelled those people. I corrected you. Sorry if you don’t like that.

I made a simple comparison, didn’t label anyone. People who continue to moan loudly about everything on this forum when they haven’t played the game in months do bear a remarkable resemblance to people who can’t move on when a relationship ends. There are more productive things to do with one’s time, and I can’t help but wonder what people get out of complaining here for months on end when they don’t play. You all have a right to do that, but still... it’s hard to understand. Reading these forums when you have a positive outlook on the game is extremely depressing — it’s just complaint after complaint. To the point where I honestly don’t really see the benefit in reading and posting here, which is a shame.
  • SirBobdk
    4195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

People who continue to moan loudly about everything on this forum when they haven’t played the game in months do bear a remarkable resemblance to people who can’t move on when a relationship ends.
    Complaining about a game cannot be compared to pursuing a person.
    BF has been a part of many people's gamning for the last 16 years and it is understandable that they are dissatisfied with BFV. So am I.
    Maybe they don't play, but their voice can help to influence the next BF game, and that's important if we are not going to get the same garbage again.

• BtheReaper49
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t fault anyone for sticking around in these forums when they haven’t played the game in months, but I do have to wonder what people get out of continuing to complain about a game they don’t even play anymore and have no intention of playing. Some of you guys sound like jaded lovers who just can’t move on with your lives and keep harassing your ex.

Oh I've been playing it believe me but just to achieve something through Chapter 4 and the performance has only gotten worse I'm afraid. Yes the game has some nice features but it's an absolute latency nightmare now. This installment won't be looked back on with any sense of nostalgia by most of the community I'm afraid.
  • VOLBANKER
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Once the hype train for BF6 gets rollin', everything's forgotten
  • opsis_1
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can tell you have very little experience. Learn to EA..lol