Weekly BF

After patch my ping is 80-100.

Aldor27
91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Before it was 38-40?😐 Well done

Comments

• Carbonic
    1491 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The current status on what I think is just an issue with displaying the wrong ping (I could be wrong though):

• Plucky6922
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I noticed also.
    At first I thought I was on a US West Server instead of US East, then realized that everyone had like 80+.
  • Russian_Brigade
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless of whether they're really looking into it or not - this is absolutely SICKENING. It's been over a year since this failure of a game came out and we're still getting stupid problems like this. Less than two months before the new COD MW comes out which looks like it's stolen all of BF's best ideas... I seriously can't wait till it's out so I can stop letting this stupid game **** me off.
  • Aldor27
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    Carbonic wrote: »
    The current status on what I think is just an issue with displaying the wrong ping (I could be wrong though):

I play only Europe servers. There are not any problems with location. They haven't fix hit registration issue.
  • Dr_Hypothesis
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How is it possible professional developers can take an already bad product.... and make it WORSE?,
    Of course it’s on you! It’s hardly likely to be me now is it? Seems like every patch, hotfix and content addition does nothing except break the game further. 
  • Agrioxiros
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Conquest is now unplayable (Europe). Or you can play but it's incredibly frustrating cause of the lag. Not visible lag but you can tell from the hit detection.
    Squad conquest though is smooth.
    On another note, how is it allowed for a "community manager" to tweet "it may be a display issue" is beyond me. MAY. Like it's hard to open the game and play for 30 seconds even if the developers don't talk to you. Or maybe he never asked. Maybe the cat he owns is taking up all his time. Or maybe he's watching too much Sci-Fi and can't be bothered.
    The important thing is that they have no clue as to what is happening.
  • Carbonic
    1491 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The current status of the ping issue according to the new Trello board:

• The_BERG_366
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agrioxiros wrote: »
    Conquest is now unplayable (Europe). Or you can play but it's incredibly frustrating cause of the lag. Not visible lag but you can tell from the hit detection.
    Squad conquest though is smooth.On another note, how is it allowed for a "community manager" to tweet "it may be a display issue" is beyond me. MAY. Like it's hard to open the game and play for 30 seconds even if the developers don't talk to you. Or maybe he never asked. Maybe the cat he owns is taking up all his time. Or maybe he's watching too much Sci-Fi and can't be bothered.

what are you even talking about?
    he says it may be a display issue as it is not yet clear if the ping is actually higher or if just the DISPLAYed number is wrong.
    geez seems like they could tweet the perfect sfatement and people would still give them **** for it.
  • Agrioxiros
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Squad conquest though is smooth.On another note, how is it allowed for a "community manager" to tweet "it may be a display issue" is beyond me. MAY. Like it's hard to open the game and play for 30 seconds even if the developers don't talk to you. Or maybe he never asked. Maybe the cat he owns is taking up all his time. Or maybe he's watching too much Sci-Fi and can't be bothered.

he says it may be a display issue as it is not yet clear if the ping is actually higher or if just the DISPLAYed number is wrong.
    geez seems like they could tweet the perfect sfatement and people would still give them **** for it.
    Or maybe you should work on your English.
    When a client comes to you and says there is a problem with your product (that the client obviously knows a lot better than you) and you respond with "Nah it might just be your idea" he's essentially calling you stupid.
    You of course can't understand that. It's ok. Have fun with customer service. I know they will have fun with you.
    That "may be a display issue" is ABSOLUTELY not ok. At all.
    That part should not be there, EVER. "perfect statement"...
  • DaManiac72
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

When a client comes to you and says there is a problem with your product (that the client obviously knows a lot better than you) and you respond with "Nah it might just be your idea" he's essentially calling you stupid.
    You of course can't understand that. It's ok. Have fun with customer service. I know they will have fun with you.
    Yup
  • The_BERG_366
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Or maybe you should work on your English.When a client comes to you and says there is a problem with your product (that the client obviously knows a lot better than you) and you respond with "Nah it might just be your idea" he's essentially calling you stupid.You of course can't understand that. It's ok. Have fun with customer service. I know they will have fun with you.
    That "may be a display issue" is ABSOLUTELY not ok. At all.That part should not be there, EVER. "perfect statement"...

he doesn't say "maybe it's just your idea" , what are you on about?
    the only uniform complaint so far is that the displayed ping numbers are higher than pre patch. it's not like EVERYONE just says that the game plays like trash. and even if, that wouldn't mean that the ping is responsible for it. unlike you he takes all possibilities into consideration instead of taking a tiny sample and just jump on the next best theory and claim it is a fact.

also the community almost always claims opposites. for example low ping players say high pingers have the advantage over them and high ping players claim that low ping players have the advantage over them. these players also "know the game" and are absolutely convinced from their opinion. or the people that claim to be in the worse team every round. should a representative now state that any given player has the disadvantage compared to every other player and all players are always in the worse team just because the clients said so?
  • Agrioxiros
    (Quote)

Or maybe you should work on your English.When a client comes to you and says there is a problem with your product (that the client obviously knows a lot better than you) and you respond with "Nah it might just be your idea" he's essentially calling you stupid.You of course can't understand that. It's ok. Have fun with customer service. I know they will have fun with you.
    That "may be a display issue" is ABSOLUTELY not ok. At all.That part should not be there, EVER. "perfect statement"...

he doesn't say "maybe it's just your idea" , what are you on about?
    the only uniform complaint so far is that the displayed ping numbers are higher than pre patch. it's not like EVERYONE just says that the game plays like trash. and even if, that wouldn't mean that the ping is responsible for it. unlike you he takes all possibilities into consideration instead of taking a tiny sample and just jump on the next best theory and claim it is a fact.

also the community almost always claims opposites. for example low ping players say high pingers have the advantage over them and high ping players claim that low ping players have the advantage over them. these players also "know the game" and are absolutely convinced from their opinion. or the people that claim to be in the worse team every round. should a representative now state that any given player has the disadvantage compared to every other player and all players are always in the worse team just because the clients said so?
    I'm not going to get in a conversation with you cause there is absolutely no point.
    Maybe you think some of us prefer to hang around in the forum all day, instead of playing the game, so we don't know what or when there is a problem.
    This is not the case however. "takes all possibilities into consideration"... whatever helps you sleep better at night. I don't care.
    And seriously, coming here saying "it's not like EVERYONE just says that the game plays like trash. and even if, that wouldn't mean that the ping is responsible for it.", AFTER even in this post, is print screened that THERE IS a very big problem...
    Seriously, don't reply to me again. I wasted enough time already.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Feels like a lottery to me. Some games have felt fine while others (the ones I've played tonight) feel worse than anything I've played on this game.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mine tripled, now I have up to 110ms on US servers ....................  :'(  
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

First off: A 'Display' issue has happened before and not just BFV. You've never played a game in your life that read you/server having 999 ping yet the game played normal? I looked real hard to find "Nah it might just be your idea" ( quote). Could you please point out to my dumb*** where it reads this other than what you typed?

The guy tweeting is using a objective POV ( no BF pun intended ) into all possibilities. He even said, " It's on us". Total accountability.

Maybe you should work on your English Comprehension.
  • The_BERG_366
    (Quote)

I'm not going to get in a conversation with you cause there is absolutely no point.Maybe you think some of us prefer to hang around in the forum all day, instead of playing the game, so we don't know what or when there is a problem.This is not the case however. "takes all possibilities into consideration"... whatever helps you sleep better at night. I don't care.And seriously, coming here saying "it's not like EVERYONE just says that the game plays like trash. and
    even if, that wouldn't mean that the ping is responsible for it.", AFTER even in this post, is print screened that THERE IS a very big problem...Seriously, don't reply to me again. I wasted enough time already.

just because you play the game doesn't mean you are an expert. as mentioned before, people have completely oppsite opinions on some subjects. so how can everyone be right? they are not... exactly...

it's simply a fact that he does take things into consideration. the only logical thing to do is to only state what you are sure about... everything else is arrogant and wrong.

and again you fail to understand. he admitted that there is a problem yes, but it was not confirmed that the ping values are actually higher.. hence why he mentioned that it could be a display issue. also if there actually is a ping issue it's not logically valid to just immediately conclude that any problems you experience are due to the ping...

you are in deed wasting your time as your clealry not able to grasp logical concepts. I advise you to stop replying and stop wasting your time. I however, will for sure not leave your nonsense without an answer. if you want to bail then you have to do it, I'm not gonna do it for you.
  • Agrioxiros
    edited September 6
    dICEHOUSE said:

First off: A 'Display' issue has happened before and not just BFV. You've never played a game in your life that read you/server having 999 ping yet the game played normal? I looked real hard to find "Nah it might just be your idea" ( quote). Could you please point out to my dumb*** where it reads this other than what you typed?

The guy tweeting is using a objective POV ( no BF pun intended ) into all possibilities. He even said, " It's on us". Total accountability.

Maybe you should work on your English Comprehension.
    If you can't understand when a ping issue is "visual" and when it's an actual issue...
    I will continue this conversation when you can understand the difference. Till then, enjoy your "visual" non existing problems.
    "He even said, " It's on us". Total accountability." Are you serious? Are you provoking me to get banned for name-calling? Was there the SLIGHTEST possibility of being OUR fault?
    And that's EXACTLY what I was saying!!!!
    Dear Lord some of you... absolutely unbelievable.

The_BERG_366 "the only logical thing to do is to only state what you are sure about"
    The only thing he was sure about, was that he had no clue as to what is going on. Did he say that? No. What he said is that it might just be a "visual" thing and all us (able to understand there is a huge problem) are crazy.
    Like I said. Go bother someone else with your nonsensical "reasoning".

How about both of you, do the following experiment.
    Go to your daddy and tell him this: "Your car is suddenly not going over 30km-miles per hour. You go to the salesman/factory/mechanic/whatever and tell them the issue.
    The VERY FIRST reason you get is "it might be visual". Then come back here and tell me how he reacted. I'll wait.
    Post edited by Agrioxiros on
  • The_BERG_366
    (Quote)

If you can't understand when a ping issue is "visual" and when it's an actual issue...I will continue this conversation when you can understand the difference. Till then, enjoy your "visual" non existing problems."He even said, " It's on us". Total accountability." Are you serious? Are you provoking me to get banned for name-calling? Was there the SLIGHTEST possibility of being OUR fault?And that's EXACTLY what I was saying!!!!
    @The_BERG_366 "the only logical thing to do is to only state what you are sure about"The only thing he was sure about, was that he had no clue as to what is going on. Did he say that? No. What he said is that it might just be a "visual" thing and all us (able to understand there is a huge problem) are crazy.Like I said. Go bother someone else with your nonsensical "reasoning".
    How about both of you, do the following experiment.Go to your daddy and tell him this: "Your car is suddenly not going over 30km-miles per hour. You go to the salesman/factory/mechanic/whatever and tell them the issue.The VERY FIRST reason you get is "it might be visual". Then come back here and tell me how he reacted. I'll wait.

exactly cause he accepted his own knowledge for what it is, very much limited. he does in deed not seem to know what the issue is and hence only states possibilities, in fact all possibilities ... makes sense doesn't it?
    he in fact said exactly that and its astonishing that you think that this message is somehow trying to deceive from that fact. that's not at all the case. it's just a nice form of putting it, just like every statement ever made by any big company ever.

as I said before, the only uniform response from the community was that the pings seemed to be around 40 to 60 ms higher for everyone across the board. the tweet was a response to this issue, nothing else. it's your own problem if you interpret more into this.

now let's assume there is in fact a performance Issue and it turns out that it has nothing to do with the ping at all but with a server tick issue and the ping was in deed just a display issue. and then let's assume he would have excluded the possibility of a display issue. what would thst mean?
    as we established before, it's about only stating what you know for sure (or think you know for sure). some random people on twitter claiming that there is an issue isn't enough backup to take that as a fact when representing a big company... I can't belive you don't understand that. the Internet is always right I guess :joy:

now your analogy lacks significantly in similarity. at least unless you ride around the world on top of your icmp packages. when driving a car you have an intuitive feeling of the speed when looking outside through the window. hence you will notice of you make only half the speed. however with the ping this is different... you have only the number. a better analogy would be to assume that you are in a car with completely opaque windows, the car is remote controller and there is a tachometer. now the car is accelerating and then holds its speed at 50 km/h (according to the tachometer), to finally come to a stop again. now you have to guess what your top speed was. do you know it was 50 or are you just assuming it was because the tacho said so and the perceived acceleration felt about right?

• Agrioxiros
    edited September 6
    (Quote)

If you can't understand when a ping issue is "visual" and when it's an actual issue...I will continue this conversation when you can understand the difference. Till then, enjoy your "visual" non existing problems."He even said, " It's on us". Total accountability." Are you serious? Are you provoking me to get banned for name-calling? Was there the SLIGHTEST possibility of being OUR fault?And that's EXACTLY what I was saying!!!!
    @The_BERG_366 "the only logical thing to do is to only state what you are sure about"The only thing he was sure about, was that he had no clue as to what is going on. Did he say that? No. What he said is that it might just be a "visual" thing and all us (able to understand there is a huge problem) are crazy.Like I said. Go bother someone else with your nonsensical "reasoning".
    How about both of you, do the following experiment.Go to your daddy and tell him this: "Your car is suddenly not going over 30km-miles per hour. You go to the salesman/factory/mechanic/whatever and tell them the issue.The VERY FIRST reason you get is "it might be visual". Then come back here and tell me how he reacted. I'll wait.

exactly cause he accepted his own knowledge for what it is, very much limited. he does in deed not seem to know what the issue is and hence only states possibilities, in fact all possibilities ... makes sense doesn't it?
    he in fact said exactly that and its astonishing that you think that this message is somehow trying to deceive from that fact. that's not at all the case. it's just a nice form of putting it, just like every statement ever made by any big company ever.

as I said before, the only uniform response from the community was that the pings seemed to be around 40 to 60 ms higher for everyone across the board. the tweet was a response to this issue, nothing else. it's your own problem if you interpret more into this.

now let's assume there is in fact a performance Issue and it turns out that it has nothing to do with the ping at all but with a server tick issue and the ping was in deed just a display issue. and then let's assume he would have excluded the possibility of a display issue. what would thst mean?
    as we established before, it's about only stating what you know for sure (or think you know for sure). some random people on twitter claiming that there is an issue isn't enough backup to take that as a fact when representing a big company... I can't belive you don't understand that. the Internet is always right I guess :joy:

now your analogy lacks significantly in similarity. at least unless you ride around the world on top of your icmp packages. when driving a car you have an intuitive feeling of the speed when looking outside through the window. hence you will notice of you make only half the speed. however with the ping this is different... you have only the number. a better analogy would be to assume that you are in a car with completely opaque windows, the car is remote controller and there is a tachometer. now the car is accelerating and then holds its speed at 50 km/h (according to the tachometer), to finally come to a stop again. now you have to guess what your top speed was. do you know it was 50 or are you just assuming it was because the tacho said so and the perceived acceleration felt about right?

You are beyond salvation.
    "however with the ping this is different... you have only the number." Like I said. Some of you can't understand when you are lagging. Can't understand when the game is behaving correctly and when it's not. It's mind boggling how boggled your mind is.
    And you insist. You can't understand very simple things and you insist. Again and again.
    Had enough of you. Going to look how to mute/hide/whatever you button, cause at this point I'm really worried you might be contagious.
  • The_BERG_366
    (Quote)

You are beyond salvation."however with the ping this is different... you have only the number." Like I said. Some of you can't understand when you are lagging. Can't understand when the game is behaving correctly and when it's not. It's mind boggling how boggled your mind is.
    And you insist. You can't understand very simple things and you insist. Again and again.Had enough of you. Going to look how to mute/hide/whatever you button, cause at this point I'm really worried you might be contagious.

and you can't understand that the game can "behave" incorrectly without the ping being an issue. funny however that you now say yourself that some players apparently are not experts yet still you get offended when a dev doesn't treat you like one. do you now understand?
    of course there is other factor that are observable and influenced by ping, however observing a difference regarding those factors doesn't mean that the ping is the reason for it. you aren't able to grasp the difference between one sided and two sided implication. maybe you will understand this way:
    ping bad, implies, desynced gameplay. desynced gameplay, does NOT imply, ping bad. understood?
This discussion has been closed.