Finaly a decent patch that actually fixed something instead of destroying it.

SuperiorByGender
3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I'm fairly impressed with this patch. Many things that needed attention got fixed.

-SMGs and Bolt action rifles got buffed.
-MMGs got nerfed
-Over 100 damage bug got fixed(?). I haven't encountered it today after playing for a couple of hours.
-Tankers and pilots finally got a makeover they deserved. 
-Stutters have been polished. I haven't encountered any at all today.
-Rank increased to 500
-Commo Rose got finally fixed (Thank you whoever fixed it).

There are some things that need attention now. Pings are all over the place, although I didn't feel any difference when playing today. Some people said that they did, so there is that.  Now tankers and pilots don't have VO? I'm pretty sure is a bug. Other than that I haven't seen any major issues.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this patch. I hope Dice will stop trying to make false promises only to brake them in the future. Stop telling us that you will make the next patch in two weeks only to have it destroy the game or get delayed. Take your time and develop an actual patch that will improve the game.  Little by little you will finally get out of this mess.

Comments

• amkingchar
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We all hope the same here ! More action less words !

I my self am also surprised with some of the fixes and how the game is looking but that might be just only for the first day ! We don't have to make rush decisions to come to a result as far as am aware I haven't seen anything ! 

To be honest it might be just my idea but I have found a couple of things such as !
    1) The bulletproof bushes and trees ! I don't know how to explain it but I tried to shoot some people that they where hiding in the bush and I got 0 on score or hitting ! It almost felt like they are using it to there own benefit but again I am not 100% sure.

2) Even before I got in the game I saw this topic about a high ping unfortunately I am one of those people that suffer from that but only just the beginning of the game.

3) At the server I was in I was facing an issue where the chat wasn't showing what I was typing in so some times when I ask for a medic or ammo it might be visible on top of my players head but some ppl could be able to see it from there! Also I had everything on active and to show !

Over all for now I am pretty ok with the update but there are some things that I still don't like but that's just a core game-play for example for some reason on PC it feels 100 times faster than consoles and it might be because players are reacting quicker on PC.   
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm really happy they fixed the healing ADS bug, that was one of my biggest annoyances with the game.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For now hitreg and footsteps feel a little better (not perfect yet) on console, so there might have been some netcode tweaks.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I had good feelings about this patch, my common sense told me otherwise. Now I find it a pleasantly good patch. Not there yet but certainly promising.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    NLBartmaN said:
    For now hitreg and footsteps feel a little better (not perfect yet) on console, so there might have been some netcode tweaks.
    Footsteps are again insanely loud.... gone from hearing nothing to wondering where the hell those loud footsteps are coming from. Awful
  • NLBartmaN
    NLBartmaN said:
    Footsteps are again insanely loud.... gone from hearing nothing to wondering where the hell those loud footsteps are coming from. Awful
    PC or console?

On console they are close to perfect, a little bit more footstep volume and less loud other sound and all is good.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    PC or console?

On console they are close to perfect, a little bit more footstep volume and less loud other sound and all is good.
    PC, another player mentioned it in chat too on Squad Conquest Devastation
  • NLBartmaN
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    PC or console?

So same as previous footsteps "fix": close to perfect on console, too loud on pc.

Lets hope it stayes this way or they optimize it seperately.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What's the make over? Please can you elaborate?
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Pilot and tanker characters got proper uniform and were changed to males instead of females.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Pilot and tanker characters got proper uniform and were changed to males instead of females.
    arh nice! 
  • moose004
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fairly impressed with this patch. Many things that needed attention got fixed.

-MMGs got nerfed
    -Over 100 damage bug got fixed(?). I haven't encountered it today after playing for a couple of hours.
    -Rank increased to 500

There are some things that need attention now. Pings are all over the place, although I didn't feel any difference when playing today. Some people said that they did, so there is that.  Now tankers and pilots don't have VO? I'm pretty sure is a bug. Other than that I haven't seen any major issues.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this patch. I hope Dice will stop trying to make false promises only to brake them in the future. Stop telling us that you will make the next patch in two weeks only to have it destroy the game or get delayed. Take your time and develop an actual patch that will improve the game.  Little by little you will finally get out of this mess.
    I don't think the 100-damage bug got fixed.  I hit somebody earlier today for 174 and they didn't die, and I'm 99.9% sure there weren't two people there where I was shooting.  Maybe it did, but I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the patch notes and you'd think they would trumpet that if it had indeed been fixed.
  • mclarenf125
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Opposite on PS4. TTK/TTD has reverted too beta and hit reg is just a pure gamble now. 

For the first time I've had to just quit, it's unplayable. 

I haven't had any problems on PS4 with TTK/TTD. The only problem I've seen is the MMG nerf. It is a bit overbearing but it is feels like BF1 to me. Just a play style to get used to again.
  • SuperiorByGender
    moose004 said:

-MMGs got nerfed
    -Rank increased to 500

I don't think the 100-damage bug got fixed.  I hit somebody earlier today for 174 and they didn't die, and I'm 99.9% sure there weren't two people there where I was shooting.  Maybe it did, but I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the patch notes and you'd think they would trumpet that if it had indeed been fixed.

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Opposite on PS4. TTK/TTD has reverted too beta and hit reg is just a pure gamble now. 

For the first time I've had to just quit, it's unplayable. 

I haven't had any problems on PS4 with TTK/TTD. The only problem I've seen is the MMG nerf. It is a bit overbearing but it is feels like BF1 to me. Just a play style to get used to again.
    You jammy sod.

Hopefully this means the servers are calming down again after the update. 

Probably shouldn't get to used to it, apparently there are more MMG changes on the way in the next patch
  • bunningsSnagz
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Personally i haven't noticed a change in my performance to the game. game still runs like dog a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ for me, but i'm very happy with the other changes. 

Has anyone else noticed a change in performance? i haven't completed half the Tides of war stuff so i'm wondering if that has something to do with it still. 
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My mighty MG42 still ripping apart, severing flesh and tearing the enemy limb from limb.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    PC or console?

So same as previous footsteps "fix": close to perfect on console, too loud on pc.

Lets hope it stayes this way or they optimize it seperately.
    Im on PC and didn't notice any increase in foot step volume. In fact, I think Dice may have tweaked the positional audio because its spot on after this patch. No complaints here.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same old garbage netcode.
    5 bullets to kill and your dead in 1

Atrocious