Weekly BF

This Week in Battlefield V - September 3rd Edition - Update 4.4

Braddock512
1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited September 6
Hey everyone, let's look at what's on the calendar for this week.

While this is an overview for the week, be aware that this WILL be updated as we release new info and announcements. Keep checking back throughout the week to keep up to date.

Monday, 9/2/2019

Tuesday, 9/3/2019
  • Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Update 4.4 Release
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
  • Last Chance for Weekly Mission Reward - Give the ToW Mission a final push if you haven't completed it yet. Weekly ToW Storyline ends on Wednesday. 
  • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of  the Week - Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!
Wednesday, 9/4/2019
Thursday, 9/5/2019
Friday, 9/6/2019
  • Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti & Battlefield V Screenshot Contest Winners Finalized - We'll be contacting them over the weekend and then will have a thread next week showcasing the winners.

Notices and Addendums

Keep an eye on this space as we'll be updating things as new information/updates come from the Dev team.

Update 4.4 - Ping Increase

• UPDATE 1: As noted by @PartWelsh on Twitter " The team are actively investigating - it may be a display issue, it may be a connection issue, it may be a location issue. Either way, its on us and we have teams looking into it." We'll try to have an update on the status by end of day tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept 4, 2019.\
  • UPDATE 2: @PartWelsh had an update on Twitter this morning. A team is working on this specific issue - it's at the top of the priority list. We'll check back in tomorrow with further information as it becomes available.
(Sorry for the TWiB dropping on Tuesday. Still fighting off this cold/flu. Thanks for understanding.)
-Braddock512-
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• Bolly_GB
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheers mate and well done for soldiering on!
  • BUZZOSAW777
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You broke more than you fixed?  Firestorm loot is almost  un-manageable and the pings have all increased ???????
  • Braddock512
    1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited September 4
    You broke more than you fixed?  Firestorm loot is almost  un-manageable and the pings have all increased ???????
    It's noted in the OP. 
    • Update 4.4 - Ping Increase - As noted by @PartWelsh on Twitter " The team are actively investigating - it may be a display issue, it may be a connection issue, it may be a location issue. Either way, its on us and we have teams looking into it." We'll try to have an update on the status by end of day tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept 4, 2019.
    And I escalated the Firestorm loot issue 12 hours ago. When we have any info to share from the team regarding their investigation of the issue, we'll update the community. 

-Braddock512-
  • TheRealOwn_
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 for the jack of all trades ps4 trophy fix i didnt receive the trophy after i installed the patch. Do i need to re install bfv?
  • ElliotLH
    8525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 for the jack of all trades ps4 trophy fix i didnt receive the trophy after i installed the patch. Do i need to re install bfv?
    I don't think they're awarded retroactively.
  • Godmodegta
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 When ever you get better or the chance, Check your Email "Aguest 27 - 29" Get well soon :)
  • Techtus
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    23GB update. You guyz are completely out of your mind. I'd rather uninstall the game than download 23GB. 
  • Giants94a
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    News about private games?
  • CrashCA
    1052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512, Get well
  • likeaboogie
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    The German female characters don't have hats if I change characters and they have hair, a bun.
    It's cool and pretty.
    But you can't choose a character with hair and without a helmet. It would be a good idea
    [PS4]
  • zexterc
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Dev team please don't forget about cheater in game, many player facing to many cheater in multiplayer, and some of other players report on origin but till now we don't see any action from origin or from customer support team, please upgrade your anti cheat system and fix the game back to it's root in the next update don't disappoint your fans.... Keep going
  • Xand-SD
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry to say but every Update feels like a Downdate, and this last one did it..............................
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 5
    jroggs wrote: »
    (Sorry for the TWiB dropping on Tuesday. Still fighting off this cold/flu. Thanks for understanding.) -Braddock512-

Ah jeez, 4.4 even bugged our community manager :(

😀 Must be highly contagious bug!
  • DaManiac72
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me almost everything got worse with this patch. This is what I have experienced: No EU servers to join ("fixed" now after a "quick fix"), no working match making (fixed? after the quick fix), super high latency, relearning guns, more campers due to the "reward", ping is higher than ever, insta-kills, very wierd ttk and ttd.
  • KibbleDog
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This last patch killed the game for me.  The brutal slashing of the AT Rifle was the last straw for me.  Snipers in this game have from the start, engaged in a campaign to kill the effectiveness of the AT guns.  What BS the aiming and firing mechanism turned out to be.   The snipers were quick to kill that threat.  Then cam the AT rifle. For those of us who hate how sniping has ruined this game, the AT gave us a change to deal with them.  Not that is gone.  For me, so is BFV.   So sad for someone who started out with BF1942 and had every title since.  I don't care what happens to this game at this point.   It is ruined and that is the end of the story for me.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    840 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi @Braddock512 apologies if this is me being unable to properly navigate the Trello board, but I can't see anything relating to the latency issues on console, in particular for me PS4.
    As mentioned before the latency issues in regard to TTK/TTD, hit reg etc are becoming worse after the patch and it was very poor to begin with.

Is this on the Dev teams radar? And if so how far along with a fix are they? Any estimates?

If there is no upcoming fix then at some point are Dice prepared to do what they can to mitigate these issues i.e Ping cap servers (once the current Ping issues are fixed) provide servers for OOR players to play in.

Or are you relying on Private servers so the community can fix it themselves? If so then Private servers will need to come with Ping caps.

Apologies for all the questions, I think after this last patch I'm getting a little frustrated with the performance issues in BFV, it would be great if you could provide any answers.
  • KibbleDog
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AT rife nerf is ****

• Shae2700
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    My last two trophys won't unlock but I heard if you keep progressing higher then the requirements they will eventually unlock due to the bf5 updates not keeping track of your stats
  • ElliotLH
    8525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shae2700 wrote: »
    My last two trophys won't unlock but I heard if you keep progressing higher then the requirements they will eventually unlock due to the bf5 updates not keeping track of your stats

Which two are affected?