First opinions after 2 days playing Battlefield V

SQHDP
76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Last days I bought EA Acces (one year)
I was always a Battlefield fan and after liking the beta, I thought that all the critics may be exaggerated, this is what I found in 2 days.
Trying to search a match:
First of all, the menu is confusing. Why did you even change it? It was great and simple in BF1.
Like every Battlefield fan, I like big modes, but most of the matches were Patrol Conquest, Free for All and Team Death Match, something that annoyed me a little because I think the Battlefield essence are big chaotic battles. At least there is more servers than the previous game.
Gameplay:
Simply great, maybe polish a little some thing that you can't jump, but very comfortable. Commorose in the other hand, has not just less options, but they're horribly arranged. Also, there is stupid desicions like marking enemies, wich is really hard to get use to or the fact that if you're not a medic you can only revive your squad mates. Fortificate is a great adition, but it barely gives points and players don't do it (I do)
Maps:
Suck. Doesn't feel like a war, this is the biggest conflict in human history, why are all the maps so happy and colorful? If I wanted to play in some Heidi styled town I would play Pokémon. Maybe Twisted Steel and Panzerstorm have a dirty feeling to it but no more. The recent map of Marita is unbalanced at it's best, irruption is unplayable due to the high ground the defenders have.
Weapons:
Half of them are from BF1 so... unbalanced, all I see is STG44, Thommys, Lewis and AT Boys rifle. I'm sick of shooting an enemy 30 times only for them to turn around and insta kill me with these weapons. Idk if it's because of these or it's just lag. Will need your thoughts.
Matches:
Very surprisingly tied, some matches have a 35 tickets difference, even 5. So sad this is due to the way this game is played, having such a low TTK (Time to Kill) scares players and makes them camp the whole match. If this was fixed the game would change a lot, people will move around the map and be less dirty.
Bugs:
Expected more, the most annoying was when I first grabbed a plane and got killed by and UFO or something like that.
Others:
The menus barely work during a match, weapons and appearances sometimes never load, when I try to customize something in the spawn menu it changes to the respawn map before the match starts. It sucks that you have to go to the main menu to claim your rewards.

The game needs a ton of GOOD content before being a good Battlefield game. A WW2 game simply cannot be launched without Japan,USA or the USSR. This is the biggest mistake from DICE, unknown battles doesn't give the game a special feeling, of course they happened, but are nor as entertaining as Berlin, Omaha Beach or Okinawa. I hope you learn this for the next updates.

Comments

• Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just be glad, you didn't play this game on launch... but true, the game isn't grim as picture as D-day, but they are planing releaseing Japan and USA fraction, but that might be in long time.
  • NeoBuzantinos
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is sooo unbalanced almost broken... They've said will be weapon customization  and such i didn't see anything they cancel it "so no realism" i really want to see attachments on this game like grips, long barrels, suppressors, extented magazines for all weapons... the ls 26 havenot exetented mag coz the dice said "not balance" and i think.... "where is the realism?" the assault class is OP second is medic and scout and the most unbalanced is support"i dont mean the mmgs".. i rally want to see carbines on this class example "semi auto weapons" like battlefeild 1 gave revolver rifle i thing is Belgium weapon? lack of content and most big delays on every patch when gose live...
  • SirSpectacle
    818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do so many people think there's no color in war? Don't let Hollywood tell you what the world looks like.
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why do so many people think there's no color in war? Don't let Hollywood tell you what the world looks like.

This is not real life, it's a game, and as such it must transfer the right feeling. Black Ops 4 is colorful and bright because it's a different kind of shooter game, but when CoD had to make a WW2 game it had a good dark ambience, because that's immersive and makes you feel like you're in the saddest war ever
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    The first thing that struck me in BFV was the ease of the weapon mechanics.

The most used weapons have almost no sway, pathetic recoil on many guns that you normally would have to LEARN and compensate for, lightning accuracy. Little to no skill involved in the guncharacteristics.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weapons have more recoil than other shooting games. But we can compare it with the upcoming cod mw, soon.
  • SQHDP
    The first thing that struck me in BFV was the ease of the weapon mechanics.

The most used weapons have almost no sway, pathetic recoil on many guns that you normally would have to LEARN and compensate for, lightning accuracy. Little to no skill involved in the guncharacteristics.

Yeah, SMGs are the most broken weapons, even at long range they beat LMGs and MMGs. So sad because Support was always my favorite class, MG32, MG42, KE7 etc they all suck, maybe Lewis is good but not forever