Update 4.4 Mushy!

TectonicGuns
305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited September 5
Don't know if its the higher ping or some kind of netcode adjustment to make the studder better or is its just the servers on a bad day. At any rate the game feels mushy, floaty and now has micro surges- Game subtly speeding up then slowing every second, rather than studder.

Comments

• SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did notice my ping was a bit higher than normal, and lots of seemingly non-registering hits that day, but haven't had a chance to jump on since. Not sure if the update was to blame, but I'll see how it feels tonight.
  • SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    2-3 sessions since, and sadly it feels like it's choppier, laggier, and just not registering everything as sharply as it did before. I'm hoping it's just been a bad couple games for me.
  • TectonicGuns
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After a few days, the lag is "at least" the same if not worse.

Common Tell tales: Still falling of ladders after the third rung, or so, Still having to jump twice to clear fences, Still jumpy and laggy fast vehicle driving, Still getting shot with opponents gun pointing somewhere beside at me,...etc.

Still dozens of "how did they see me" kills, I wish DICE would have a "Spotted" indicator in the kill feed to make the game less frustrating with this aspect.
  • SixTouge
    For me, the rhythm of kills is off, if that makes sense. Just by feel, it seems the hits aren't registering initially and it's taking an extra bullet or two to take people down.

I realize I'm probably in the minority on this, but I loved how this game played even from early on. This is the first time I felt it's gone the wrong way.
  • Mr_Tinman08
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Still dozens of "how did they see me" kills, I wish DICE would have a "Spotted" indicator in the kill feed to make the game less frustrating with this aspect.
    This happens to me a lot lately. Some days I feel like I'm running around with a high viz jacket on.

Also finding a lot of players are like bullet sponges now, just soak up the hits then turn round and headshot you with a pistol.

Not sure any of this is to do with the increased ping.
  • SixTouge
    (Quote)
    This happens to me a lot lately. Some days I feel like I'm running around with a high viz jacket on.

Also finding a lot of players are like bullet sponges now, just soak up the hits then turn round and headshot you with a pistol.

Not sure any of this is to do with the increased ping.

It's really such a bummer, it seems like latency across the board has gone up. I know mine personally is on average 40 points higher than it was pre patch. I was consistently at 30-40 ping, now it's typically 80-90. I feel like I'm not alone either, I'm seeing much more 100+ ping in the scoreboard than I remember before.
  • normzzzzzy
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it’s the ping lads. Most players are experiencing issues with this
  • SixTouge
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    it’s the ping lads. Most players are experiencing issues with this

Yeah, seems pretty clear after playing for a while. I've been able to adjust somewhat, but still very frustrating quite often. Sucks, because I really liked where it was at before the update.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ping maybe just nothing more then a server error.  Game seems fine to me for XBOX1.  I never had stuttering or anything you all been claiming.  You using internal HDD or external?  I think BF5 is on one of my two external HDD.  Seems those that complain about stuttering are PC players usually.
  • SixTouge
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    The ping maybe just nothing more then a server error.  Game seems fine to me for XBOX1.  I never had stuttering or anything you all been claiming.  You using internal HDD or external?  I think BF5 is on one of my two external HDD.  Seems those that complain about stuttering are PC players usually.

It's not necessarily a hard fault like exaggerated stuttering, but it's pretty clear hits are not registering 100% and sometimes they just seem to register late. I'm going off of the displayed latency number as well, mine is now double what it once was, and nothing with ISP, router, etc has changed on my end. The "mushy" feel that the OP mentioned is kind of the best explanation.