Community Broadcast 009: Battlefield V Trello Board

Braddock512
1273 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

Earlier this year, we started an initiative to provide more transparency around the issues affecting Battlefield V’s Community, and provide details on the status of the top issues. Thus was born the ‘Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker’. This tracker has been consistently updated on a weekly/bi-weekly as updates on the issues were made available, providing everyone with a place to check on the current top issues, and to see the issues that had been resolved. Working between multiple teams - Development, QA, Community Management, and EA Help, we’ve tracked top bugs/issues, identified ETAs, and aimed to keep concerned players as up to date as possible..

As we continue to move through the Battlefield V’s ongoing live service, we wanted this to be more dynamic, more detailed, and most importantly - more accessible than just a wiki on Reddit (thanks r/BattlefieldV Reddit Mods for helping set it up!), or on our Official Forums.

So today, we’re setting live our Battlefield V Quality of Life Trello Board.

What is it?

A Trello board, for those that haven’t seen or used one before, is an easy to access hub where we can keep you updated on the issues that we’re tracking. The platform has some really cool features, that allow us to edit, update, tag and move the issues that we’re posting - all of which you can track yourself by electing to follow (either for individual issues, individual columns, or the entire board) so that you can get updates when these issues are archived, commented on, or resolved. 

How does it work? 

First, we have to get some content in there. Our Trello board currently consists of the following columns (but this is only the beginning - feedback from the community will help us improve on this board):

• FAQ - Simply put, this explains what the Trello board is, what various items within the cards are, and what the status tags mean. 

• Community Broadcasts - We will link EVERY Community Broadcast to the Trello board. Click on the card and select your prefered forum - the Battlefield Forums or the Battlefield V subreddit, and check out that Community Broadcast. And we’ll be adding  more Community Broadcasts as we roll them out.

• Bugs/Issues Tracker - We’ll be updating - weekly - the Bugs/Issues column with new top trending bugs and issues affecting the community at large. Each card will include a name for the issue, a short description, and a tracked JIRA link. The SLA (service-level  agreement, or ETA on resolution) for any bug or issue in this list will be a maximum of 3 updates. Our goal is to get it within a maximum of 2 updates, then one. This is, by no means, an exhaustive list of every bug or issue we’re tracking, but these are the ones the community has been most vocal about or issues that cause significant gameplay issues that must be resolved quickly. As we get updates from the Dev & QA team on the status of each of these, we’ll add notes to the cards to keep you informed. 

• Feature Requests - This is something we will be bringing in as an update in the coming weeks. We’ve heard a lot of requests from the community regarding certain features, and we want to start tracking progress on those as well - and we want to keep you informed of that progress! Here’s the best part - as we add items to that list, the community can vote on what feature or request you’d like to see prioritized. We want to set appropriate expectations on this list as well, so it too will have an SLA requirement. If it’s not coming, or if it’s not coming within the next 3 major updates, it won’t be featured on the list. 

• Update/Hotfix Notes - Every Update Note, every Hotfix note since 4.0 will be hosted here, with redirect links on each of the cards to the full details of the notes. We will be sorting them in descending order, so the latest Update Notes will always be at the top. 

• Links - This list will have links to our global Twitter, Facebook, website, official forums, subreddit, Discord channels, as well as links to submit Bugs, and details on how to report harassment, cheating, and abuse. 

Next, we need to keep it relevant and updated. We’ll be updating the status of items weekly, adding new trending things as they come up and archiving completed items.

And then we keep on building on it. We keep on improving it, based on your feedback. 

When does it launch?

Right now. Head over here to check out the first iteration of the Trello board. 

Notice we said that twice now? That’s because this is going to be an ongoing work-in-progress - and part of the ownership of this board is with the Battlefield V community. We want to know what you want to see, columns we could add, and we’re eager to hear your ideas, suggestions, and constructive feedback on how we can evolve and improve this additional hub of information as a communication tool for the community. 

Are there any other ways to see the board than just going to the link above? 

We wanted this info hub to be accessible everywhere, and Trello offers that kind of  flexibility. It will be mentioned in our weekly posts and there’s an app for it. So if you’re away from your PC or console and want to check the status on something on the board, you can follow the board via the Trello app (check your mobile device’s marketplace for the free Trello app) and review the updated information. 

Will we, the community, be able to add issues or feature requests directly to the board?

Not at this time. We want to get this rolled out, get in a great cadence of updating it and seeing how the voting and feedback goes, and then we’ll discuss how we can open it a bit more. 

We appreciate your constructive feedback, input, and insights on this community tool - so make sure to share it!  For general feedback, please use our Battlefield V section on the Battlefield forums or join us on the Battlefield V subreddit and Discord.
Should you encounter any issues or bugs we recommend that you report them on our Battlefield V – Answers HQ forum. You can also reach out to our Battlefield Community Managers on Twitter at @PartWelsh and @Braddock512.

-Braddock512

Comments

• DaManiac72
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am a Trello user. Me and my friends/colleagues thinks it is a good and simple agile tool for small IT-teams in small projects. It will be interesting to see how it will work for a bigger team. Keep us posted.
  • CT1924
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will be nice to have this new GUI to use.
  • ViolationofDerp
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I first heard about it, I was opposed to the idea using this tool for communication with the community. Now that I'm seeing it, this could potentially be a great chance for the devs to see which bugfixes are being favored by the community and establish a transparent customer channel.
  • ForbidRhyme
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Big thumbs up with the trello board! I like how it's coming together. It will be a really good way to manage the community feedback!
  • AjeepDog
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like this could be the next greatest thing. All the info in one interactive place!
  • IDazzlerazzle
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What the point of this? Dice can't fix bugs that re present since pseudo beta(s) from last year... This is gonna end up more like trololololo board 
  • Noodlesocks
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What the point of this? Dice can't fix bugs that re present since pseudo beta(s) from last year... This is gonna end up more like trololololo board 
    People wanted more transparency. Trello board (if regularly updated) is a good start to this.
  • Godmodegta
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm interesting, trello will  collect information of community?
  • NN_Buzz12
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where do I want to go today for BF5 news? EA forums, Reddit, Trello? Perfectly fragmented.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People wanted more transparency. Trello board (if regularly updated) is a good start to this.
    Fantastic transparency, there is nothing like going to ANOTHER website learning they acknowledge two recent issues and ignore another hundred that are in the game for 10 months (or less) 
  • DigitalHype
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fantastic transparency, there is nothing like going to ANOTHER website learning they acknowledge two recent issues and ignore another hundred that are in the game for 10 months (or less) 
    I think this is a community manager desparately trying to do something, with no budget, to help get the ship back on track.

I doubt many people here knew about it. But, we had a real bug-tracker for BF1 ( https://www.bftracker.com/ ), which was shuttered with the release of BFV. There were dedicated DICE developer resources doing triage on bugs reported by the community. Hundreds of issues were reported by the community, triaged, categorized, assigned, and tracked to resolution. This was yet another valuable asset put on the chopping block by EA/DICE management. IMO, this was even more valuable than CTE. Just one of the many bad/short-sighted decisions made by EA/DICE. This trello board is no substitute for what we had with bftracker.

• NN_Buzz12
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whatever the motivation, creating a separate new location for information limits visibility which limits input. It seems to follow the trend of fragmenting the community both in game and out of game.

Make a BF website with links to all the locations we need to visit to get the whole picture.
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the trello board as a concept but it's definitely not adding a lot currently. Not enough insight into things in my opinion. My hope was that it would add some more transparency and detail, but currently it seems to be just another channel. 

For example, the ping and firestorm looting issues which popped up in patch. We pretty much got the same info that was on twitter and everywhere else. We also had another situation of back pedalling on commitments in the fix being moved from  hotfix to a patch at a later date with effectively no "real" transparency as to why. My expectation is that this was going to be the area for the trello board to shine and provide more insight to alleviate the tension in the community. 

It's a long way from the trello boards I run for my clients and I am so far removed from the scale of EA/DICE. Sorry if this sounds harsh @Braddock512 just getting that mounting frustration of no end in site for the issues in the game and no dates even given to fix bugs that were introduced by the team. It's just a game I know, but it's a product we paid for and it is not working how it should.
  • Braddock512
    1273 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
     We also had another situation of back pedalling on commitments in the fix being moved from  hotfix to a patch at a later date with effectively no "real" transparency as to why. My expectation is that this was going to be the area for the trello board to shine and provide more insight to alleviate the tension in the community. 

I believe it's stated on the card why the hotfix was cancelled and the fix was pushed to 4.6. 

The testing of the hotfix netted issues that couldn't be resolved in time before testing for 4.6 had to start. Therefore, if we pushed for the hotfix, it could impact the release of 4.6 (which has a lot of fixes and brings additional content), something we know the community doesn't want. We also wanted to make sure that the hotfix worked - and didn't add-on additional issues.

-Braddock512-

• Braddock512
    NN_Buzz12 said:
    Where do I want to go today for BF5 news? EA forums, Reddit, Trello? Perfectly fragmented.
    Every Monday, since January, has This Week in Battlefield V - which is a calendar of news and is updated throughout the week as things come up, shift, etc. 
    And in that calendar, it has links to all the blogs/posts/updated information. 

And we do a Debrief every Friday to review the week. So if you want news, you can literally sit here on the forums and look - it's stickied to the BFV General section every week. 

-Braddock512-
  • NN_Buzz12
    (Quote)
    Every Monday, since January, has This Week in Battlefield V - which is a calendar of news and is updated throughout the week as things come up, shift, etc. 
    And in that calendar, it has links to all the blogs/posts/updated information. 

And we do a Debrief every Friday to review the week. So if you want news, you can literally sit here on the forums and look - it's stickied to the BFV General section every week. 

-Braddock512-

Well I guess I haven’t been missing out on much then. I’ve read the “this week” posts often. I just don’t see topics or fixes in those posts that excite me to return and play.

I can’t discuss the number 1 issue I have with the game and I haven’t seen any updates. I guess that was the fix.
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    @Braddock512 cheers for responding bunj.

I think what I was trying to say was, that I’d prefer to see things on here that stated in addition 4.6 has a trajectory for release the week commencing the 16th and therefore the hotfix is rolled into that due to continued dev and testing being needed.

Currently the fix now has no foreseen release date and the card is more salt in a pretty open wound.

Does that make more sense?
    Post edited by sabootheshaman on
  • Braddock512
    edited September 12
    @sabootheshaman
    We're updating the cards tomorrow. And our Dev team will be finaling the 4.6 build, to create a release candidate. We'll have more information on that when we get closer to submitting to Certification. 

-Braddock512-
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • sabootheshaman
    Cheers @Braddock512

I suppose that little bit if transparency you just have us what I was looking for.

Sorry for breaking ur 🎾
  • sabersun
    68 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello @Braddock512
    I was wondering if you could add Team Balancing to the Trello.
    Thank you