This Week in Battlefield V

Looting, Characters and Lag Issues in FS (Xbox One)

JishwaPick
7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
3 issues I’ve come across since the patch:

1.) Looting system
Since the new patch, all of a dead enemy’s loot is stacked on-top of each other, only allowing you to grab the item on top, instead off all the loot spilling everywhere.  If med packs are on top and I am full already, I have to drop all of mine to get to the next item I want to loot underneath the dead guys loot.  Sometimes, I have to drop nearly all my current loot, to loot a dead body. My squad and I have lost games because of this, unable to pick up health and plates or other weapons.
VERY, VERY frustrating.

2.) Character
My character customization is affecting other classes.  For example, I changed my uniform on my assault class, and it changed my medic class to to the exact same as the assault.  I haven’t attempted to change the others for concern that they’ll be glitched to the same uniform.

3.) Lag
There is considerably more lag in Firestorm now.  I slowly glitch around.  Wonder how that may affect fire fights.

It really has taken the fun out of the game.  I’ve already seen great players in this mode go back to multiplayer and they won’t touch FS until it’s fixed.  It’s a shame.  FS is amazing.  Please fix this!

Comments

• jroggs
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 6
    #1 and #3 are known issues. DICE is supposedly hard at work on a fix for them.

#2 is a deliberate change. Cosmetics are now tied to each named character. So if you want different cosmetics for each class, you've got to use different characters.
  • 1Pynk
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "DICE is supposedly hard at work on a fix for them."  :D 
  • urieleves
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any predictions on fixing the problems #1 and #3?

Regarding the issue #2, in my case it erased all the customizations of all classes. We should be able to do different customizations for the same character if we want to, like it used to be.
  • tempo_rarity
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Until it's fixed , go with the 'forced adaptation' plan-of-action : 
    'Make Do With What You Got'
    Until it's fixed , I definitely won't be relying on dropped Loot .

So ; in Solo ; I sometimes hunt teams , and I can't steal Loot .
    Oddly , Firestorm gets funner .
    Honestly
     o:) 
  • urieleves
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But after facing some enemies, you get out of supplies and need those drops. At the time being, if I'm really alone at that place, if there's a weapon above what I need, I drop the one I have a little far from it, then get the one there and I do with all the items until I get what I want. Just hope that they solve it fast, this latest update really messed up.
  • tempo_rarity
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ I just played a few rounds of Solo (on PC)
    Scooping up dropped Loot wasn't an issue .
    It's console-based then?
  • Toqias
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    have the same problem on PC:

• JishwaPick
    jroggs said:
    #1 and #3 are known issues. DICE is supposedly hard at work on a fix for them.

#2 is a deliberate change. Cosmetics are now tied to each named character. So if you want different cosmetics for each class, you've got to use different characters.

I think we may be misunderstanding each other.  The uniforms in my assault and medic class are exactly the same.  If I change the uniform in my assault class, it also changes it identically in my medic class.  I HAD different uniforms on each class for terrain options in FS.  Does that make more sense?
  • JishwaPick
    urieleves said:
    Any predictions on fixing the problems #1 and #3?

Regarding the issue #2, in my case it erased all the customizations of all classes. We should be able to do different customizations for the same character if we want to, like it used to be.

Wish I knew... been trying to find info on it to see if they'll be addressing it.  Someone on the xbox community told me last night they'll fix the looting but after that, they'll be turning their attention away from FS. Which is fine, just fix the loot first so at least it spills out individually the way it was before!