Spawn Beacons dissapearing

Jargon113
55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
This has been a game breaking bug since I started playing over a year ago.

I place a spawn beacon and it never places it and it is gone from my inventory.

When will this be addressed??

Comments

• DaManiac72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If  you ask me: Disappearing beacons is a good thing.

How about we go back to the classic way of spawning instead: On a flag or on the SL only. And give us back 6-man squads. How small shall the groups be in the future. The current trend implicates that we will have solo squads or maybe no squads at all, just a script running and noone is playing at all. Instead we all check our cell phones every 10 minutes or so to see wether we have won or not.
  • CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What platform are you on? I've never experienced this on PS4
  • Jargon113
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What platform are you on? I've never experienced this on PS4
    PC
  • ChickenTheTank
    827 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaManiac72 wrote: »

How about we go back to the classic way of spawning instead: On a flag or on the SL only. And give us back 6-man squads. How small shall the groups be in the future. The current trend implicates that we will have solo squads or maybe no squads at all, just a script running and noone is playing at all. Instead we all check our cell phones every 10 minutes or so to see wether we have won or not.

I think you have more to worry about than spawn beacons.
  • DaManiac72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yes, that is exactly what I think. Spawn beacons should not even be a topic, since they should not be a part of the game.
  • Vespervin
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes, that is exactly what I think. Spawn beacons should not even be a topic, since they should not be a part of the game.
    I agree with you. I was never a fan of Spawn Beacons. They're worse than the Tactical Insertion from Call of Duty.
  • chuckandcotton
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think you're misusing the word game breaking.
  • StealthAria
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not quite, but yeah, it's mostly misusing the word.
    Scout only gets the one beacon and has to hunt down an ammo crate or resupply point to get another, that a beacon can be eaten by the map like that really ruins it for Scouts. Not only are they stuck with some of the worst weapons in the game, the existence of this bug means they might have to repeatedly push onto an enemy objective to resupply their beacon so their squad can spawn nearby, ill-equipped for any kind of close encounter.
  • NuttysKunKs
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Scout only gets the one beacon and has to hunt down an ammo crate or resupply point to get another, that a beacon can be eaten by the map like that really ruins it for Scouts. Not only are they stuck with some of the worst weapons in the game, the existence of this bug means they might have to repeatedly push onto an enemy objective to resupply their beacon so their squad can spawn nearby, ill-equipped for any kind of close encounter.

Not true. You can pick them up off dead snipers ammo.

Ermm.. that P carbine is a monster. Great for CQ.

Spawn beacons if used correctly can be used by the entire team.

Use the pathfinder spec and you can spawn on team beacons. So theoretically you can spawn a whole team..

Also you can spawn as any class on your own beacon! :)
  • ChickenTheTank
    (Quote)

I'm more referring to the complete social anxiety your first post was dripping with.

Also, spawn beacons are easy to see, easy to hear, become spotted when their host recon becomes spotted (within a small range, I haven't been able to quite peg the range, but I think it's 10-20m), and are easy to spawn camp for a kill or two first.

I think we should worry about 1 assault player being able to carry the best anti- infantry guns in the game, 3 AT rockets, 3 TNT charges, and an anti- tank grenade before we worry about the class with the worst guns being able to repeatedly spawn somewhere. Especially because that have to get to wherever that place is first.
  • ChickenTheTank

Use the pathfinder spec and you can spawn on team beacons. So theoretically you can spawn a whole team..

I've never heard of or seen video of your statement I bolded. Can you try and throw one up or give a link?
  • barnesalmighty2
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Jargon113 wrote: »
    This has been a game breaking bug since I started playing over a year ago.

I place a spawn beacon and it never places it and it is gone from my inventory.

When will this be addressed??
    Yeah they do eventually return to your inventory if you manage to live long enough.
  • NuttysKunKs
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I've never heard of or seen video of your statement I bolded. Can you try and throw one up or give a link?

Actually you can pick them up of any dead soldiers ammo not just snipers.

No video but try yourself. Equip spawn beacon and place it. Then find a dead guys ammo and check your inventory/ 1 added spawn beacon.
  • NuttysKunKs
    Another perk with spawn beacons is this.

Losing a flag? Spawn and place a beacon in the bushes.

Wait for the herd to run off then cap the flag or hit another then spawn back at the flag you just lost.

Spawn beacons imo and really overlooked.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    A well placed beacon can really swing games especially if others are using pathfinder. My only gripe is I rarely get to use my own due to people spawning on them and breaking them.

There should be a guaranteed 2 spawns minimum for the person who places them out.
  • ragnarok013
    3662 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I disagree. Spawn beacons is one of the few abilities to make recon useful and help the team.I really missed them in BF1 as they provide flexibility.
  • ChickenTheTank

Actually you can pick them up of any dead soldiers ammo not just snipers.

No video but try yourself. Equip spawn beacon and place it. Then find a dead guys ammo and check your inventory/ 1 added spawn beacon.

I've only ever had them get back into my inventory from using ammo boxes, or supply stations. Though I rarely have to search out ammo pouches off dead guys as recon, because I either end up respawning and have a new one ready, or I find a somewhere yo grab flats from and I get it back. So maybe I've just very rarely ever grabbed a dead recon's ammo pouch while playing recon
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I disagree. Spawn beacons is one of the few abilities to make recon useful and help the team.I really missed them in BF1 as they provide flexibility.
    I totally agree, I was scrolling down the thread to say just that - only in a much more snarky manner.