This Week in Battlefield V

#MakeVehiculesGreatAgain

THERAMPAGE_ci0h
172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Vehicules who are the heart of the franchise has never be so unfun in a battlefield game.
Tank are too weak with the turret rotation nerf and localised dammage ... Result in people not going on objectives anymore and camping on hill ... 
Plane was fun during the alpha ( Auto spot glitch ) ... Now on PS4 you can't see anyone on the ground unless a recon do is job ( very rare ) , and since few patches, planes don't turn anymore ... what happened ? 
Now dogfight is winning by who is breaking the most ( by who has equiped "control surfaces" in the perk tree...  ) ... WHAT A FUN 
Ressuply point in the air prevent infantry harassement ? I'm ok with this. Pushing ressuply station very far on the edge of the map OK... But another timer after ressuply ... seriously ? PASSIVE GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN 

Vehicules need some loves too ... 

Comments

• TheyHaveScissors
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vehicules who are the heart of the franchise has never be so unfun in a battlefield game.
    Tank are too weak with the turret rotation nerf and localised dammage ... Result in people not going on objectives anymore and camping on hill ... 
    Plane was fun during the alpha ( Auto spot glitch ) ... Now on PS4 you can't see anyone on the ground unless a recon do is job ( very rare ) , and since few patches, planes don't turn anymore ... what happened ? 
    Now dogfight is winning by who is breaking the most ( by who has equiped "control surfaces" in the perk tree...  ) ... WHAT A FUN 
    Ressuply point in the air prevent infantry harassement ? I'm ok with this. Pushing ressuply station very far on the edge of the map OK... But another timer after ressuply ... seriously ? PASSIVE GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN 

No, tanks are not weak at all. Result is people camping on  hill to go 50-0. And yes, I do agree the parts break down too easily, but that's also WHERE THE PARTREPAIR SPEC IS FOR.

You dont understand dogfighting or energy management. But the current air-ground balance is broken, fighters can rek AA guns shooting at them and survive it. Something is very wrong with vehicles in BF. 
  • viper63x
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member

i did make a thread about increasing tanks in conquest, alot of people seemed to like the idea and be supportive of it.

• MBT_Layzan
    1497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The design for vehicles like tanks in this game has been the worst for me as far as enjoyment. It's been the easiest game to get kills in, but the most dull. I miss the days of going 16-1 in Caspian Border but having a great round filled with fun in BF3. I could tank all day and night hence over 90000 kills in MBT's in that game. This game, I could barely last two hours a day without getting bored and then quite for good. I really tried to like the tanks here, but it was simply the worst fun I've ever had in tanks, and the most bug ridden.    
  • DingoKillr
    3548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer wrote: »
    Tanks
    Tanks are made so they cannot operate CQC.  This is due to the fact the turret rotation has a delay effect (cursordrag I guess). To compensate you have to always ZOOM in your gun. Because when you are fully zoomed in you don't have this cursordrag. Everyone does it...
    So you are max zoomed in even when shooting enemies that are very close by. 

Now if you would have a topgunner in an enclosed turret you would maybe have some fun CQC but alas we have a open turret so everyone in their has a death wish. 
    Playing as infantry is anyways a death wish. The pace of the game is higher than it ever was I think. 

Planes

The dogfighting is zzzzzz. The turningspeed is to low. Breaktactics is the way to go. In battlefield 1 you could track your foe with the sound. In this game this is broken (ps4)

Bombers have weak detterence against esspecially fighters. In battlefield 1 you could spot a plane and than shoot the fighter even when the fighter was in your blind spot. You can't spot and the visibility is terrible in the backseatgun. The upgraded gun is ok but gets obsolete because planes end up quickly in your blindspot. 
    So you end up usually getting in a fighter.  Like I said the dogfighting is zzzzz and shooting down bombers feels like chores or homework.

AA aren't a threat. Planes that fly straight in an AA should be swatted...period.

There is nothing to do for planes. I mean you can't cap a base.

Naval warfare

There is not even a dingy in this game. 
    This proves that Battlefield is geared towards infantry more and more. 

General

Terrible idea that you spawn in from the deploy screen.  How epic was it to rush to a vehicle of choice. 
    Terrible result is that you now have the choice to choose your vehicle. I would rather have one tank, one fighter, one bomber, one MAA than half baked vehicles what it is now. Also more easily to balance....

Supportive gameplay 

In older games you could 'escape' combat by doing other things. Like trying to secure a plane, chopper, tank that spawns extra on the flag. 
    Or getting on the MAV and spot for your team.... Or being the Commander. ...... Or fly a transportchopper (btw this was really badly done in bf4)

Now we have building fortifications wich is mwahhh

One positive thing I found is the halftrack. This is the ONLY vehicle that is well done. 

I disagree with spawn rush for vehicles. It created it own problem mid game which get overlooked. Like having to hike for minutes to get back to action because no vehicles, Spawn trapped unable to get to vehicle or vehicle destroyed before leaving spawn spot or the enemy team waiting to steal your vehicle.

Sure I saw Spawn trapped in BF1 but at least you could get a vehicle and move or fire.
  • DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No, tanks are not weak at all. Result is people camping on  hill to go 50-0. And yes, I do agree the parts break down too easily, but that's also WHERE THE PARTREPAIR SPEC IS FOR.

You dont understand dogfighting or energy management. But the current air-ground balance is broken, fighters can rek AA guns shooting at them and survive it. Something is very wrong with vehicles in BF. 
    You got that backwards. People camp because Tanks weak up close due to systemic damage and slow turrets. 
  • filthmcnasty
    477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

People camp because the infantry/tank balance is so bad. Example: tank vs tank fight, as many as 10 shells can be landed on a target tank before it is destroyed; infantry vs tank battle, over in 3 seconds. Why PTFO if you stand no chance against Rambo with his sticky dynamite
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Players camp because the game uses the same maps designed for Breakthrough and Conquest, complete with huge elevated views conveniently close to the safety of spawn. Making the tanks tougher will only make it harder to get rid of the campers.

• filthmcnasty
    477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    Players camp because the game uses the same maps designed for Breakthrough and Conquest, complete with huge elevated views conveniently close to the safety of spawn. Making the tanks tougher will only make it harder to get rid of the campers.

I never said make the tanks tougher, I said balance them better vs infantry. You could do this easily, remove the sticky effect from the dynamite like in BF1, remove the critical damage models from the tanks (it's great in World of Tanks, but terrible here), and go back to the old system of tank ammo usage, where it slowly recharges, making the tanker choose his shots better which would be better for infantryman. If a tanker shoots all of his ammo, you counted and watched, you'd know he can't fire back and you could Rambo him then, and it would be his fault.
    There have always been camping tanks, but DICE designed these maps and vehicles terribly, so a hard counter isn't even on most maps, and if a hard counter is availible, like a Stuka with the 37mm cannons, or a Mosquito with the rockets and bombs, then they get killed by the currently OP fighters. And don't get me started on the uselessness of the anti tank halftracks, which is THE hard counter for camping tanks. That is until some blueberry jumps in and drives it to certain death because it's not a single occupancy vehicle like it should be
  • TheyHaveScissors
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 said:

You got that backwards. People camp because Tanks weak up close due to systemic damage and slow turrets. 
    Disagree, tanks can perfectly get close in capture zones IF they have infantry support. Just like in any other BF title.

Notably, the same complaints about ''too weak tanks'' were in other BF games. This is a classic case of not knowing the dynamics and fundamentals behind vehicular warfare and combined arms.
  • NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest reason (next to crap balance vs infantry) for camping with / weakness of vehicles is the crap attrition ...

Having to get out of the tank with insane long animation that get you killed (or move miles back to spawn) to completely fix your tank is just madness.

Add to that far too little ammo to complete an assault on the objective and having to drive miles back and start all over again.

I know they won't totally remove attrition (although they already tweaked it a lot -> everyone 1 helath pack and more ammo at spawn/crate aura), but something simple as a support being able to give some extra ammo to a tank would already help.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »

And don't get me started on the uselessness of the anti tank halftracks, which is THE hard counter for camping tanks. That is until some blueberry jumps in and drives it to certain death because it's not a single occupancy vehicle like it should be
    The funny part with that IMO Is the AT Halftracks are pretty pitiful against tanks and given the infinite ammo it's just always better to use tem on infantry. The maps and namely with the gun depression on the halftracks usually means you have to sit in a kinda exposed position, and it's not unlikely that if you shoot at a tank he'll immediately know where you are and aim back, and most of them can out trade you. Only really a 38t/Stag or the AA Tanks are actually threatened by you.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are fine.  Its the drivers that are cowards parked on a mountain top going for 100 kills.  Yeah DICE should fix the timer so tanks spawn back in faster or pepper a couple more in the game.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    tanks are more boring. slower to turn, slower to move.   planes can't see guys on the ground like that could makes them less fun.  visibility is trash makes it less enjoyable to play.  animations enter/exit and having to enter proper makes the whole joy of using vehicles disappear.

I feel like they are will  lose more of their playerbase with this direction.  look at the player base of games like Squad and those sorts of things.  That is where all these decisions lead to.  

One hopeful sign that maybe just maybe they realize some of the changes are less fun  is what I read they did to parachuting in the latest patch.  They said they sped it up  I believe, let the player control their direction of descent more and let players open a chute earlier when falling or jumping off a high pt to mitigate/elminate damage from the fall.  

That to me is bringing back a little bit of fun.  Maybe it will carry on over to the vehicles and other areas as well.
  • LINKERBLOX
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Have you ever tried to kill an assault behind a damn pillar with tank?
  • StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WW2 tanks were slow with slow turrets. So that’s what we get.

To make them slightly better...

AT mines ONLY cause damage when driven over.
    Sticky Dynamite - limit assaults to 1 stick, and make it so it can’t be thrown far.. can only be chucked a couple of feet.
    Top Gunner- I though they should be unkillable... only way to kill them is by killing the tank, but that might be to much. Maybe giving them increased health - need 2-3 head shots?
  • StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    (Quote)

Have you ever tried to kill an assault behind a damn pillar with tank?

It will depend on your tank load out. I build all mine for duelling tanks... so I’d struggle. But case rounds or HE rounds would work?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why does this debate still happen. BFV vehicle combat is the worst of any Battlefield before it. One of the main reasons Veterans have left.

It's not rocket science Vehicles suck in BFV.
  • VincentNZ
    2885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    viper63x said:

i did make a thread about increasing tanks in conquest, alot of people seemed to like the idea and be supportive of it.

Because they do not think about the consequences. A tank is just a personal force multiplier and used this way. Basically an armoured version of your soldier with better weaponry. However, since it is a 64p game you will get swarmed on the objectives. Additionally there is attrition to think about, so you can not go on forever. Hence the only right choice is to sit somewhere and spam the main cannon against infantry. The infantry on the other hand suffers from attrition and AT gadgets that rely on short engagement distances, so the vehicles can not be countered any more. Poor map design supports that further by not allowing for flanking or getting close without exposing oneself to everything else.
    More vehicles would just mean less infantry to farm for vehicles, while vehicles can not be countered and even destroying one is inherently useless. Vehicle on vehicle warfare is a rare occurence anyway regardless of the playercount, as the TTK are long and attrition kicks in very soon, when you need to score 4-8 hits with an ammo count of 24-40 and when self-repair is such an easy thing.
    What should be done is the following: Gunner Seats are remote controlled and have specs themselves which can include proximity scan or heartrate sensor, HMG or Sturmtiger Grenade launcher, self-repair (tied to gunner seat only) or emergency repair, spotting flares, AP-AT mine launcher.
    Also the complete removal of attrition and greatly increasing the range of AT gadgets, so that a vehicle is not only the selfish option for easy farming but a teamplay vehicle with great synergy. Further the removal of seatswitching is in order, especially for planes, as well as a nerf to the 3rd person camera.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    Why does this debate still happen. BFV vehicle combat is the worst of any Battlefield before it. One of the main reasons Veterans have left.

It's not rocket science Vehicles suck in BFV.

DICE will probably ''solve'' it by buffing tanks and/or nerfing AT weapons, leading into another balance disaster like we have now with air-ground.