Always gunner , noobs

CosmicStriker
698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
you would think by now their would not be any more noobs in this game , but you still get that annoying always gunner who jumps in to your tank, getting you all spotted up on the map because of them shooting at nothing.

Comments

• diver2607
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I had a lot of that last night, it’s so bloody annoying.
  • SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People need to learn, but I wouldn't discourage players from being gunners. I've always said every tank should always have at least one gunner, preferably a support engineer. I'm sure I annoyed some at first, but I've gotten more savvy on when to go quiet and when to open up on infantry.

What kills me is how many people open fire on enemy tanks from the machine gun even in a personnel carrier, like thanks for pointing him in our direction! Situational awareness goes a long way in this game, and many people lack it.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let's hear from some of these dudes; if you're the kinda player that jumps up into the Gunner seat, why TF do you feel the need to start shooting immediately out of spawn?
  • zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've always put it down to youthful exuberance. Kinda wish that I could muster up that sort enthusiasm myself..
  • DevilsBathtub
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do you know they're shooting at nothing?
  • SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've always put it down to youthful exuberance. Kinda wish that I could muster up that sort enthusiasm myself..

Lol this!
    At the end of the day, this is a game, and a certain amount of screwing around should be expected from time to time.
  • larry_54235
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge said:

Lol this!
    At the end of the day, this is a game, and a certain amount of screwing around should be expected from time to time.
    SixTouge said:

Lol this!
    When the fun goes away what's the point of playing anymore.
  • ElliotLH
    8203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd take a gunner shooting at nothing over the ones who shoot the resupply stations when you're in desperate need of ammo and/or repairs.
  • SixTouge
    (Quote)
    (Quote)
    When the fun goes away what's the point of playing anymore.

You're right, and the answer is, you don't play anymore. Again, it's just a game, move on to the next, life goes on.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I'd take a gunner shooting at nothing over the ones who shoot the resupply stations when you're in desperate need of ammo and/or repairs.

Oh lawdy, you mean to tell me that there are people who do this?

Absolute [inappropriate]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • ElliotLH
    8203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Oh lawdy, you mean to tell me that there are people who do this?

Absolute [inappropriate]

That's a great analogy lol.

I suspect the masterplan in those cases was to seat switch and steal the tank if I got out to rebuild the station.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most tankers need to play the objectives instead of K/D padding on a mountain top.  I had a tanker in my squad last night early part of the match going 15-0.  But never once went near a objective on Arass.  I left that squad for another one right away.
  • SixTouge
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Most tankers need to play the objectives instead of K/D padding on a mountain top.  I had a tanker in my squad last night early part of the match going 15-0.  But never once went near a objective on Arass.  I left that squad for another one right away.

It is pretty annoying when tankers do that, I feel like it's way less rewarding for kills than BF1 was thankfully.
  • NavyVet15
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

That's a fair comment, except if you're a tanker it is near impossible to get into an objective. Snipers pick off your top gunner with ease and half a dozen assault players pelt your tank with dynamite before you even get close enough to start turning an objective. Also, let's not forget about the snipe tanks out there who just sit around on the sidelines and snipe other tanks and vehicles. I would love to see more tanks on objectives as well, but I can see why they don't. As an assault player, if I saw a tank, then that was a sure fire way of getting a quick and easy kill.

Although BF supports VOIP, I have yet to be in a squad who communicates with each other. At least not the in game voice chat. It is sad that players don't communicate in this game, it would probably go a long way to improving the overall game play.