Weekly BF

Battlefield 1 in unplayable right now

Graafeld
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Like the title says Battlefield 1 is unplayable right now. Why? So many cheaters on the EU servers. Almost every operation server has one cheater at least. Aimbot, invisibility, autorevive, you name it.

It's getting very frustrating 'cause I can't play on any of these servers. 4 days in a row there has been at least one cheater on the servers I usually play on. Conquer Hell is my favorite operation, but there is only one server of it and guess what? A cheater is always there.

"You can report them" you might say. Yes, I have reported them always. It doesn't help. One day there was a cheater who used invisibility and aimbot. Me and at least 8 players reported him and he was playing and cheating on the same server the very next day.

I don't know what happened. A few weeks ago everything was fine, but now this is getting out of control. Have you guys had similar problems on the EU servers? Is the anti-cheat system so bad?

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    804 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Curious, do you guys play predominantly on [DICE] Official servers in the EU region or are there active community servers as well?

It's an absolute wonder what only a few admins on a community server can accomplish. I haven't spotted a hardcore cheater on a server here in Oceania since 2017. 

Though I can't speak for those playing in the EU, I can say that it's generally more favorable to use the server browser and find a community server with active admins. EA's AC is a lost cause.
  • Graafeld
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Curious, do you guys play predominantly on [DICE] Official servers in the EU region or are there active community servers as well?

It's an absolute wonder what only a few admins on a community server can accomplish. I haven't spotted a hardcore cheater on a server here in Oceania since 2017. 

Though I can't speak for those playing in the EU, I can say that it's generally more favorable to use the server browser and find a community server with active admins. EA's AC is a lost cause.
    Yeah, I know. I have tried to find unofficial operation servers, but I haven't found any. All the operation servers are Dice's as far as I know. Community servers are usually the best solution to hacking issues so I guess I must play different modes for now. It's a shame that I bought a game which isn't 100 % playable.
  • Titan_Awaken
    804 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Graafeld said:

Yeah, I know. I have tried to find unofficial operation servers, but I haven't found any. All the operation servers are Dice's as far as I know. Community servers are usually the best solution to hacking issues so I guess I must play different modes for now. It's a shame that I bought a game which isn't 100 % playable.
    Yep. Sadly there are no community-run Operations servers and with EA's failure to enforce their own ToS guidelines, I'm afraid nothing's going to change. :(
  • PappaDraco
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Titan_Awaken said:its common in dice official servers and the auto join button is not working anymore for me i have to join with the custom search or ill be ina server alone EA -5 east

• PuRePIaY
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are cheats in almost every game now. I'm just about done with this game and all EA games tbh there all the same now.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I report a couple of clear-case cheaters most days in EU, but I don't play 64p Operations or TDM, which seem to be worse off. For the modes I play, the playerbase is healthy enough to just immediately switch to another upon encountering one. Among my friends there is some consensus that cheating experienced an uptick around June, and has kept up since. Just wrote the following in another thread:

Basically there are three groups of cheaters (I'm simplifying, but I feel this is still a useful categorisation):

1. poor players turned top tier over night: trivial to detect based on combination of gameplay and statistics, most likely to get fairly quickly banned due to use of free cheats
    2. habitual rage or near rage cheaters: known guys plaguing certain game modes with tens of thousands of kills, you recognize them immediately but it takes forever to get them banned
    3. closet cheaters that mainly toggle soft-aimbot, perhaps wallhack: these are the hardest to confirm, but possible over time and enough pieces of evidence. Not common, currently I know only a small handful.

• OskooI_007
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    Some days are worse than others. The odds of running into cheaters increase greatly late at night (US time).

I ran into 3 rage cheaters in a row on 3 separate servers playing late at night. One of them was invisible and stabbing people with a knife. I killed him a bunch of times because I could see his knife floating in the air. He ended up getting frustrated and turned on aimbot and one hit kill damage mods. Lol

I just shut the game off because 3 servers in a row with cheaters is too much. Like I said, the cheaters come out at night.

I'm definitely switching to console gaming within a year when next-gen consoles come out. I'll then be able to game without worrying about such issues.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its been bad on BF4 as well. Bans happen quick on Bf4 though and its still playable. 
  • -Antares65z
    1657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    If you really want to understand cheating, go read some sociological studies on human beings and cheating. Not just cheating in video games, but cheating in many different facets of life. Whether that be in social games, in school, on your taxes, carpool lane cheaters and cheating on your significant other. In general a certain percentage of human beings are cheaters. It varies by culture and gender. Coincidentally, these average numbers coincide with the Forbes study last year focused specifically on onine cheating in FPS games. Apply those numbers and adjust for BF1 being in Sunset and unsupported and every server you're playing on has more cheaters than you may realize. These studies don't lie and these games are not immune to human beings and those who have to cheat in life. I'm really hoping the next gen consoles and games will have native keyboard support.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • ragnarok013
    3354 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

For people who want to report cheating:
    Forums are not the place to report cheating. Don’t do it - “Naming and shaming” is not allowed on the forum. EA has a FAQ that gives excellent detail on how to report cheating, abuse, and harassment for almost every platform: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

This discussion has been closed.