Weekly Debrief

plane 100kills doing circle all the game

2»

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Luka156 said:

Hello
    It's me, there is not enough way to abbat a plane. Often in the game their score is 90 kills 0 death.
    The anti-aircraft are misplaced and offer a limited range. Tanks are busted in one shoot ...

There are enough ways to counter a bomber with ease (bombers even need a serious buff in damage they can take, effects from bombs and defense against fighters), but there are no ways from the ground to counter things like the insane OP Spitfire VA fighter that also has insane good bombs.

Even with a mobile AA you need a really noob fighter pilot to take down his fighter plane.

The plane balance is very poor.

There is no counter to the JU88 as long as you bomb from mid-air and seat-switching stays enabled. The belly gunner will just annihilate any opposition. https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/cy5xpd/lets_talk_about_bombers/eyq73pb/ There is your tutorial.

• SendTheInfantry
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Luka156 said:

Hello
    It's me, there is not enough way to abbat a plane. Often in the game their score is 90 kills 0 death.
    The anti-aircraft are misplaced and offer a limited range. Tanks are busted in one shoot ...

There are enough ways to counter a bomber with ease (bombers even need a serious buff in damage they can take, effects from bombs and defense against fighters), but there are no ways from the ground to counter things like the insane OP Spitfire VA fighter that also has insane good bombs.

Even with a mobile AA you need a really noob fighter pilot to take down his fighter plane.

There is no counter to the JU88 as long as you bomb from mid-air and seat-switching stays enabled. The belly gunner will just annihilate any opposition. https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/cy5xpd/lets_talk_about_bombers/eyq73pb/ There is your tutorial.

Correct.

Cant be countered.

• SendTheInfantry
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    use the MG42 with antiaircraft round, it's wreck plane very fast

No, it doesnt. Did you ever use it? Gives 25% damage at best on fighters. If you land all shots. They repair quickly from it. Using MG42 with AA bullets usually is useless and suicide against good pilots.

There are videos from 8 months (!!!) ago that do wreck them, but that was because of a damage multiplier bug on one of the hitboxes. DICE fixed it, leaving this perk (un)intentionally useless.
    Post edited by SendTheInfantry on
  • jroggs
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, it doesn't, not even close.
  • VincentNZ
    3193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If the Fliegerfaust does indeed come to BF, it will not matter either, since nobody will equip it, since vehicles are still much more common, attrition kicks in hard and it will most likely not be a OHK and also not a 100% hit guarantee, just a gimmick and the pilots hit by it, will be fighters and stukas flying on low altitudes.
    In my book bombers should indeed be removed from the game, as they have no counter and even if you are a total novice, it is enough to jump in, bomb a flag, get 4 kills and jump out/ try to do another, crash into the ground or get shot down. There is no cost attached to jumping into a bomber.
  • SendTheInfantry
    VincentNZ said:
    If the Fliegerfaust does indeed come to BF, it will not matter either, since nobody will equip it, since vehicles are still much more common, attrition kicks in hard and it will most likely not be a OHK and also not a 100% hit guarantee, just a gimmick and the pilots hit by it, will be fighters and stukas flying on low altitudes.
    In my book bombers should indeed be removed from the game, as they have no counter and even if you are a total novice, it is enough to jump in, bomb a flag, get 4 kills and jump out/ try to do another, crash into the ground or get shot down. There is no cost attached to jumping into a bomber.

TIL: There was a fliegerfaust in WW2. Amazing fact.

• Hawxxeye
    6002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    VincentNZ said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Luka156 said:

Hello

Cant the spit VA snipe the Ju88 from far away? Otherise I would not be as mad at all these VAs going after my ju88.
    The guy who made the reddit post forgot about the 4x 20mm autocannons of the ju88c and the mosquitoes as well as the 37mm bordkanone of the stukka

• VincentNZ
    Hawxxeye said:
    VincentNZ said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Luka156 said:

Hello

Cant the spit VA snipe the Ju88 from far away? Otherise I would not be as mad at all these VAs going after my ju88.
    The guy who made the reddit post forgot about the 4x 20mm autocannons of the ju88c and the mosquitoes as well as the 37mm bordkanone of the stukka

Well it does not really matter. The examples are of course form BT, where they might not even be a plane counter at all at one side, since it is asymmetrical. If it is symmetric it does not matter either, what you use as a sort of counter, as it will be an economic waste. If you spawn a JU88A and do a bombing run for four kills or so you already fulfilled your duty. Even if you are shot down by a Fighter, he will have one kill, while you have four, and your JU88 will still have a decent chance to beat him.
    That is the economic discrepancy of air balance and air-ground balance. You can do so much damage with the bomber, that everything you field against it is a waste and the only logical choice becomes the bomber. This and air truce.
    The underbelly gun is also really, really strong at destroying planes, as long as you fly high you need an enemy to engage you at a higher altitude.
  • biggien79
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is this more of a PC problem? I don't think I've seen anyone on console run a 90-0 score as a pilot.
  • SirBobdk
    4124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    biggien79 said:
    Is this more of a PC problem? I don't think I've seen anyone on console run a 90-0 score as a pilot.
    Never happens in CQ unless maybe fjeld and even there i have only seen very few getting more then 40-60 kills.
    The plane problem has always been in GO/BT since B1.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Yes it does https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saS8wcXEniM
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    VincentNZ said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Luka156 said:

Hello

Well it does not really matter. The examples are of course form BT, where they might not even be a plane counter at all at one side, since it is asymmetrical. If it is symmetric it does not matter either, what you use as a sort of counter, as it will be an economic waste. If you spawn a JU88A and do a bombing run for four kills or so you already fulfilled your duty. Even if you are shot down by a Fighter, he will have one kill, while you have four, and your JU88 will still have a decent chance to beat him.
    That is the economic discrepancy of air balance and air-ground balance. You can do so much damage with the bomber, that everything you field against it is a waste and the only logical choice becomes the bomber. This and air truce.
    The underbelly gun is also really, really strong at destroying planes, as long as you fly high you need an enemy to engage you at a higher altitude.
    Very well put. And there is at least one clan out there that likes to have 2 people on each team, both in bombers, declaring air truce. You can imagine what their scoreboard looks like. They farm the whole round and never engage each other.
  • jroggs
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Yes it does https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saS8wcXEniM
    "Published on Nov 24, 2018." Come on, man. Come on.

Everyone is aware that once upon a time the damage model was decent on launch, but it got nerfed a long time ago.

Go try your luck with the MG42 incendiary rounds today. Here's what it looks like:

(I left in a bit of anti-infantry to show that I can actually do okay with an MMG when I'm not scraping bits of paint off planes with it. I also threw in a bonus Littlejohn direct hit on a Stuka for good measure. 54 damage, haha. Keep protecting those planes, DICE.)