Just went back to BF1

filthmcnasty
421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
And holy crap! They did a lot right with this one, contrary to BF5. Balance is great, and by this time in BF1 we were getting the last of the DLC, Apocalypse.

This was a game with a vision, it started out rough, but by this time into it's life (BF5 has been out for 11 months now) most issues were fixed. I can only shake my head with BF5.

Comments

• ChiefSniper
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 8
    Our group have been playing BF1 from the start (after coming from BF4), and have continued to run our own small rifle only server even through the release of BFV. We go on BFV, and it's nothing but stress, and it always leaves us peeved off, either because of the hackers or just the sucky gameplay. We then jump back onto our own BF1 server, and right away we are having laughs and generally having much more fun.
    Most of us have now ditched BFV for the timebeing (myself included) until the Private Games show up. Saying that, this would be either the saving grace or the final nail in the coffin for BF for us. If DICE get the Private Games right, we will migrate to BFV. If it sucks, it'll likely be the end of us playing any further BF games unless they come with a decent RSP on release.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought BF1 was one of their best, as in least glitchy, releases. So good at the start.
    However, they over patched it towards the end... to much, wasn’t as good at the end of its life.

Definitely was doing somethings better than BFV. Planes, AA for a start. Respawning is better.
    Pity they never fixed the broken horses, elite kits or OP sniper rifles.
    I still remember the black screen.  Guess the community forgot that one.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    I thought BF1 was one of their best, as in least glitchy, releases. So good at the start.
    However, they over patched it towards the end... to much, wasn’t as good at the end of its life.

Definitely was doing somethings better than BFV. Planes, AA for a start. Respawning is better.
    I still remember the black screen.  Guess the community forgot that one.
    Or invisible enemies, or being revived and being unable to fire your gun, or silent bayonet-charges. :p
  • SirSpectacle
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And holy crap! They did a lot right with this one, contrary to BF5. Balance is great, and by this time in BF1 we were getting the last of the DLC, Apocalypse.

This was a game with a vision, it started out rough, but by this time into it's life (BF5 has been out for 11 months now) most issues were fixed. I can only shake my head with BF5.
    Actually, by this time in BF1 we were getting the second DLC. The last two wouldn't come out until much later.
  • BtheReaper49
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »

I agree...one of their best and yes I think they overpatched at the end. Not sure I really cared for TTK 2.0. Thought the TTK was fine as is then the instadeath seemed to start happening
  • tagestass
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bf1 was just a dogsht sniper fiesta. worst 1 so far
  • SliusarekUA
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I actually got the Basic Origin just to play Battelfield V (I'm not into any other EA games) and I regret doing that. Don't get me wrong - the game is good and I'll definitely get it on sale, the core fun of Battlefield is hard to break and there isn't any other shooter on the market that I like... but Battlefield 1 is just so much better! The maps are all stunning and don't feel old even though I've scored 200+ hours, the DLC are very good, everything works as it should and you have a ton of weapons, always something to unlock... Battlefield V just feels like a big addon to BF 1, like BF Bad Company 2 Vietnam. 

I don't mind the DLC in BF 1 as long as they make all the unique maps. BF 5 maps are good but none of them stand out that much. There's absolutely nothing in the game that makes me want to keep the Basic for it or just get the game for the normal price.

I hope they'll fix this or just make another game. And hopefully they'll keep it set in historical settings.
  • trip1ex
    4696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 8
    Yeah BF'1's 3rd dlc didn't come out until xmas break the year after and that was only the 1st half of it.  2nd half came out after xmas break.

bf1 had plenty of patches that broke stuff.  Actually was the first bf that I can recall where patches consistently made the game worse and broke stuff.   BF1 did start off in a better state though.  
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Back to BF4 for me,  rented servers, real anti-cheat  and a balancer.
  • NLBartmaN
    3204 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    Yeah BF'1's 3rd dlc didn't come out until xmas break the year after and that was only the 1st half of it.  2nd half came out after xmas break.

bf1 had plenty of patches that broke stuff.  Actually was the first bf that I can recall where patches consistently made the game worse and broke stuff.   BF1 did start off in a better state though.  
    Yeah TTK 2.0 basically killed the game ...
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At least BF1 had RUSH mode... why on earth did they remove it????