Just went back to BF1

Comments

• heresPaul
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s more fun to play and the firefights feel bigger and things blowing up all over the place, I like battlefield v but you need to concentrate more and feels like I’m on the floor half the time
  • research-kitchen
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still play BF1 all the time, been playing in 200% damage servers.  It can be rough since half the weapons can 1 shot kill you.  Give it a try!
  • amkingchar
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always get the feeling that BFV meant to be this way ! Honestly the last month I was switching games all the way back to bf3 and I came up with the result as BFV had to go through these things personally is not my cup of tea anymore especially on PC ! I mean is beautiful on the eye but it always ends up frustrating for me so I'd rather go and enjoy a finished and kind of polished game rather than sitting in here ! 

Moving back to BF1 is still a modern game with the old kick of ww1 and still better than BFV ! Obviously BF4 for me it's still in the legacy holding the originality of the title and the years that DICE  was actually willing to go an extra mile to satisfy us ! But right now even with the new patch I don't see my self getting in so with any improvement in the game I feel like is th core idea they introduced in bfv that I don't like ! The only way for me to go back to the game is when they will bring up another war story ! Might sound funny but I would like to see  the way they will implement some stories 
  • Godmodegta
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will admit, BF1 was sniper game, still love the game, even Easter egg my favorite.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah, never really loved it. Only played it regular after the TTK patch. 

IMO it was the title that split the fanbase into factions.

Graphics, music and sound were spot on though.
  • NuttysKunKs
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The people left playing Bf3/4/1 are usually quite good and would be welcomed in a new BF.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nah, never really loved it. Only played it regular after the TTK patch. 

IMO it was the title that split the fanbase into factions.

Graphics, music and sound were spot on though.
    I've seen this said about many titles in the past. They said that BF3 was the title that split the community into several factions. People who wanted Bad Company 3 were disappointed. People who wanted BF3 to be a true successor to BF2 were pretty livid (I made a thread about how the Refactor-era fans were upset, which led to the creation of a forum called 'Mordor').

BF4 was accused of the same thing. BF Hardline divided a hell of a lot of people.

Pretty much every Battlefield title past Battlefield 2142 has caused some sort of divide.
  • SirSpectacle
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Actually, by this time in BF1 we were getting the second DLC. The last two wouldn't come out until much later.

Didn't have 20 knives to choose from though did you
    No, I actually think it was more than that, BF1 had loads and loads of melee weapons.
  • MarxistDictator
    4872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    My patience for video games is such that I find any where's Waldo FPS where the winning move is to hide and wait a complete waste of time and extremely frustrating.

Double my eugh when the developers literally give prone losers recoil mods.

Hence I have less than 5 hours of play time in BF V.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Actually, by this time in BF1 we were getting the second DLC. The last two wouldn't come out until much later.

No, I actually think it was more than that, BF1 had loads and loads of melee weapons.
    I believe BF1 had like 43 melee weapons.  I was just on companion scrolling up and down the page.
  • ElliotLH
    8130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

About 15 knives by my rough count. You get more if you include the other bladed melee weapons, like swords.
  • MrCamp121
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    BF1 = Atmosphere. It's the thing that's missing in BFV.

Pretty much. I mean....I cant stand Bf1 anymore because of the elites and behemoths and cheese auto rotation on console...but at least you FELT like it was a WW1 game. And those little facts displayed while loading gave you a bit of knowledge you may not have known otherwise, which added to the atmosphere
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 - don't get me started. Worst BF ever, my least played. I get it was very polished unlike the travesty that is BFV but holy cow going back to BF1 is just desperate. The bullet sponge softcore gameplay makes me feel sick.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It's not the worst. You just don't like it. There's a difference.

Which makes it the worst surely? 😀