Weekly BF

Just went back to BF1

Comments

• StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 got a lot of things right.
    And a few things wrong.
    And it really lacked any WW1 atmosphere.

That said it was a really strong release, probably the best BF launch since I’ve been playing.
  • Stalinium9
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    BF1. Solid game. Way too casual, but sure, it was solid. If BFV had it's **** together I would have put BF3 and BFV over BF1.
    Here we go again, what is casual about it?
    Sluggish movement, strong aim assist, lower ceiling on sensitivity settings, sweet spot mechanic, dorito spotting, short grenade fuse, bayonet charge.
    damn
    why would anyone whine about bayonet charge? what is purpose of grenade if it dont expose in shot time?
  • M_Rat13
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    BF1. Solid game. Way too casual, but sure, it was solid. If BFV had it's **** together I would have put BF3 and BFV over BF1.
    Sluggish movement, strong aim assist, lower ceiling on sensitivity settings, sweet spot mechanic, dorito spotting, short grenade fuse, bayonet charge.
    damn
    why would anyone whine about bayonet charge? what is purpose of grenade if it dont expose in shot time?

Probably they're a BF3/4 fanboy.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    damn

A deduction appropriate for double digit IQs
  • M_Rat13
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    M_Rat13 said:
    Was I right or wrong though?
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    Right, that I was a fan of BF3, wrong that it was the sole basis of my criticism of BF1.
  • M_Rat13
    M_Rat13 said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    Right, that I was a fan of BF3, wrong that it was the sole basis of my criticism of BF1.

But it does lead into the criticism. You wanted another BF3/4 type game, and got BF1. Everything wrong with BF1 is what is different from BF3/4. You can never like BF1, because you keep thinking of the game that you enjoyed playing. Personally, I hated the fast combat of BF3/4. Older Battlefields weren't as fast. So BF1 was a dream come true for me, and reminded me of when I first played BF1942. If I'm honest, if they choose to go back to the modern era, and make a game similar to BF3/4, I don't blame them, but I probably won't be playing it.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    edited September 12
    M_Rat13 said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    M_Rat13 said:

But it does lead into the criticism. You wanted another BF3/4 type game, and got BF1. Everything wrong with BF1 is what is different from BF3/4. You can never like BF1, because you keep thinking of the game that you enjoyed playing. Personally, I hated the fast combat of BF3/4. Older Battlefields weren't as fast. So BF1 was a dream come true for me, and reminded me of when I first played BF1942. If I'm honest, if they choose to go back to the modern era, and make a game similar to BF3/4, I don't blame them, but I probably won't be playing it.
    Wrong. Never said I didn't like BF1. My stats show I enjoyed BF1, there are simply aspects of the game I didn't like.
  • dcs500
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I went back to play BF1 on PC recently to see if I've been too hard on the game and I found the base game to be acceptable despite my long standing design objections and that my main point of contention was the players who absolutely refused to play their classes. I was requesting ammo in text and via commo rose for minutes and nobody, even with 3 supports next to me would throw a box down, I'd be downed waiting for res and none of the many medics near me were resing anyone despite being in a safe location. This is something that I've not experienced in any other BF game even after the end of the game's development cycle. Sure there's always been some people who didn't play their classes in BF games but it was never as universal\systemic as I saw in BF1. It really makes me wonder if the BF1 players who are not playing their class are the COD refugees from COD AW who never "went native" when they started playing Battlefield. It seemed as if there were lone wolves everywhere too and few people actually stuck with their squad.

That statement could be applied to any version of Battlefield.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    NLBartmaN said:
    damn
    Because an animation would trigger 5 feet out from when they actually make contact, leaving you do nothing but what till it's all over. 

Short grenade fuses were convenient since you never had to time the fuse correctly, but that convenience caused people to use them in just about any situation which lead to explosive spam. 
  • ragnarok013
    3354 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 12
    dcs500 said:
    I went back to play BF1 on PC recently to see if I've been too hard on the game and I found the base game to be acceptable despite my long standing design objections and that my main point of contention was the players who absolutely refused to play their classes. I was requesting ammo in text and via commo rose for minutes and nobody, even with 3 supports next to me would throw a box down, I'd be downed waiting for res and none of the many medics near me were resing anyone despite being in a safe location. This is something that I've not experienced in any other BF game even after the end of the game's development cycle. Sure there's always been some people who didn't play their classes in BF games but it was never as universal\systemic as I saw in BF1. It really makes me wonder if the BF1 players who are not playing their class are the COD refugees from COD AW who never "went native" when they started playing Battlefield. It seemed as if there were lone wolves everywhere too and few people actually stuck with their squad.

That statement could be applied to any version of Battlefield.
    dcs500  I've played all of the Battlefields and as I stated in my paragraph I never experienced the lack of playing your class and the rampant lone wolves as much as I experienced in BF1. I was quite clear that all BF entries suffer these scourges but that it was on a completely different level in BF1 from my experiences. I played BF1 on all platforms but mostly on PC.
  • BtheReaper49
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    dcs500  I've played all of the Battlefields and as I stated in my paragraph I never experienced the lack of playing your class and the rampant lone wolves as much as I experienced in BF1. I was quite clear that all BF entries suffer these scourges but that it was on a completely different level in BF1 from my experiences. I played BF1 on all platforms but mostly on PC.

I agree with this. As much as I love BF1 you could definitely play lone wolf if you wanted to better than in some of the other games. Mind you there was still quite a bit of team play though in most games. To this day I can play with randoms in BF1 but playing with randoms in BF5 makes for a very rough experience.
  • trip1ex
    4906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 was the least fun BF game until BFV came along.  

• PeaceWeaver
    87 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried going back to BF1, and just couldn’t. Player movement is so sluggish and not fluid at all... BFV got many things wrong, but movement is one of the things it got VERY right.
  • filthmcnasty
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I still remember the black screen.  Guess the community forgot that one.

We had the "globe" issue in PS4, and broken matchmaking for Operations before server browser was up. I stopped until they got MM fixed for Operations.
  • filthmcnasty
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    I still play BF1 all the time, been playing in 200% damage servers.  It can be rough since half the weapons can 1 shot kill you.  Give it a try!

I only played hardcore in BF:BC2, BF3, and BF4. They didn't up bullet damage they just dropped your health to 60% of it's max. It worked out better. I didnt like BF1 hardcore because there were no friendly markers. One bad pass from a bomber and you're kicked.
  • BtheReaper49
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried going back to BF1, and just couldn’t. Player movement is so sluggish and not fluid at all... BFV got many things wrong, but movement is one of the things it got VERY right.

Yeah movement is about the ONLY thing it got right. Sorry, just my opinion....the atmosphere, maps, and gameplay were fantastic in BF1. And, I've gone back and forth between the two and the movement isn't that much different tbh. Just my feeling though. Others may see a bigger difference. I don't...
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah movement is about the ONLY thing it got right. Sorry, just my opinion....the atmosphere, maps, and gameplay were fantastic in BF1. And, I've gone back and forth between the two and the movement isn't that much different tbh. Just my feeling though. Others may see a bigger difference. I don't...

The core maps and French maps were good. After that though the maps were bad. Only Argonnes was poor.

Achi Baba- morter/grenade spam fest.
    Cape Helles- sniper fest.
    That god dam boring island with the plateau you could land on.
    The ship wreck and beach.
    Every single Russian map...

All awful. Even BF4 didn’t have so many duff maps.

• c0ldsun
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV movement is like an arena shooter and one of the main reason why players left, besides bigger hitboxes and easier weapons than BF1.