Did the game really need a ohk prone in a bush/on a roof sniper rifle?

Major_Pungspark
1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Because there wasnt enough random deaths? Because there wasnt enough snipers, or bipod heroes?

Anyway, I think the devs have made it sure that Bf V is not a game for me. 

Comments

• mrtwotimes
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't prefer recon but why not?  Is this simply because you don't like it and only your play style is acceptable?

• Major_Pungspark
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't prefer recon but why not?  Is this simply because you don't like it and only your play style is acceptable?

Wow, do you like a cookie for figuring out that I dont like it? 
  • mrtwotimes
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sure, now maybe you can give a good answer to it?  You get the other cookie.
  • Cerben1
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this new rifle is for aggressiv recon play in chatt i think 
  • Woodlbrad
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Triggered
  • PackersDK
    735 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

But does he not actually give reasons?

Random deaths. Too many snipers already. Plenty bipod weapon as is.

I mean... his post is really trimmed down to almost only saying what your asking for. Reasons.

I certainly agree with the bipod bit. The game did not need one more of those. 
  • jroggs
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »

I'll take this one, if for no other reason than to recycle the following.

What's wrong with the PB39? Almost everything. If I went into full detail, this would run on for 10,000 words or so, so let's just keep this short:
    - Bipod reliance. This makes the weapon borderline useless for any kind of reliability in aggressive gameplay, because it is so painfully slow, mechanically-broken, and the map design is terrible for it.
    - Too much reliance on semi-hipfire shots to defend yourself, and this is honestly more effective than it should be.
    - 1HKs that aren't headshots. This is the one thing pretty much everyone wanted gone from BF1. They're cheap and zero fun, even on the dealing end.
    - Horrible muzzle velocity. In real life, the PB39 had a muzzle velocity of 1210 m/s. In BFV, it's more like 450-500 m/s.
    - Incredibly slow rate of fire. In between shots, you are completely helpless for three seconds. This is in a game where TTKs are about 1/3 of one second.
    - Deals very minor damage to tanks while informing that tanker exactly where you are.

I've had a few decent streaks with this weapon, but only when the enemy team just wasn't shooting at me. That's not a good endorsement. It's terrible on offense, subpar for defense, and really only good for low-skill campers who make good use of BFV's bad visibility. Good players will be better off using anything else.
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    I only play support and only use MG42 as my name proves it ;). I unlocked it yesterday and tried it out and I liked it a lot so I went to unlock all four specializations and did it last nite. It is really fun to mow down the enemy with it from remote :D I guess Hamada is the best map to use it ;) 
  • Big_Daddy_Ado
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I only play support and only use MG42 as my name proves it ;). I unlocked it yesterday and tried it out and I liked it a lot so I went to unlock all four specializations and did it last nite. It is really fun to mow down the enemy with it from remote :D I guess Hamada is the best map to use it ;) 
    True however doing so will cause your willy to shrink.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    (Quote)

Triggered

I usually don’t condone the use of word “triggered,” but...

source.gif
  • Woodlbrad
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    I honestly don’t know why ppl think the anti material rifles are so op they have so many limitations. They are the worst for one of recons most important roles counter sniping you’re at a huge disadvantage vs bolts.
  • Amgtree
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly don’t know why ppl think the anti material rifles are so op they have so many limitations. They are the worst for one of recons most important roles counter sniping you’re at a huge disadvantage vs bolts.

Who said they were op?
  • hkspm123
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly nobody want sniper 1ohk but i dont think this is overpowered , because low velocity like the other said and u need to prone in order to aim. I also want to say that these rifle are 100%Better than smle now , literally why bother using smle when their muzzle velocity are similar but its 1ohk , 20% lower velocity doubling the effectiveness 
  • JamieCurnock
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not sure id say it's op but a bullet to the finger will apparently kill you instantly which is impressive. In fact a bullet to any part of your body will insta kill you.

Some people complained early on about the general ttk in bfv and not having time to react, this gun gives you precisely no time to react without the person using it even needing the skill to land a headshot.

That's my main issue with it.

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These Snipers are worse than any sweet spot rifle from BF1

This just feeds into the bipoded meta, and combined with poor visibility, is resulting in frustrating death experiences for a lot of people.

Sniping should always prioritize headshots.
    And should always be hard to master high skill weapons.
    These OHK weapons are the complete opposite of that, and need rebalancing.

I mean really! Their effectiveness doesn’t even reflect their name “Anti Tank Rifles”
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm done for this week. While people are doing the TOW task it's basically making games less fun and that's the reason to play. I'm not getting killed by it too much but I've ran into too many squads using nothing but and the balance of games really suffer.
  • Major_Pungspark
    Woodlbrad said:
    (Quote)

Want a cookie to?
  • Major_Pungspark
    I never said there was OP but just another really lame camping toy sucking the fun out of the game.
  • Woodlbrad
    Amgtree wrote: »

Who said they were op?

Everyone wanting them nerfed.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Amgtree wrote: »

Who said they were op?

Everyone wanting them nerfed.

Everyone wants all weapons/vehicles/gadgets nerfed.