Weekly BF

AT rifle need a nerf against infantry

THERAMPAGE_ci0h
214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited September 10
PS4 here, everybody is playing static ( TTK is too fast for 30hz servers ) , 3D spot is gone and  now camper/ Bipoded prone guy are almost everywere, visibility is still crapy one year after launch ... This battlefield not look like what a battlefield should be ...  :'(

Community was against the sweetspot on bf1 why the hell bring it back on stereoid ? , playing recon was skill needed (Headshot) now it just go prone aim and wait for the kill. FUNNY GAMEPLAY ... 

If you want a OS sniper go play extreme mode ( WAIT, Dice ... ? )  :*

Now 60% of the player are playing prone with the noob cannon ... 

Dice common do something , remove the OS habillity if hit is not a headshot ... rethink the core mode and release extreme mode ...  :*

Removed inappropriate comment ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    PS4 here, everybody is playing static ( TTK is too fast for 30hz servers ) , 3D spot is gone and  now camper/ Bipoded prone guy are almost everywere, visibility is still crapy one year after launch ... This battlefield not look like what a battlefield should be ...  :'(

Community was against the sweetspot on bf1 why the hell bring it back on stereoid ? , playing recon was skill needed (Headshot) now it just go prone aim and wait for the kill. FUNNY GAMEPLAY ... 

If you want a OS sniper go play extreme mode ( WAIT, Dice ... ? )  :*

Now 60% of the player are playing prone with the noob cannon ... 

Dice common do something , remove the OS habillity if hit is not a headshot ... rethink the core mode and release extreme mode ...  :*

I am sure the number of users of this new weapon will drop once the new feel of it wears off. A lot of people are using it because it's something different. When bored, they'll resort to their normal favourite weapons.

Edited quote to reflect change. Also removed the first part of this post. ~Rtas
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    @Vespervin ;
    I really hope you are talking true ... If not, i hope dice will listen and nerf this noob cannon against infantry ... 

Camping is a winning meta since launch, even the gameplay lead designer is abusing it ... ( I remember he was prone in a livestream, in a middle of a flag, laughting when all the enemy team was litteraly walking on him... ) Almost nothing have change one year later ... Drunkkz3e have turn battlefield franchise into a full garbage COD wannabe ... 

I pray that with the return of David in the devteam, BF will takes the good direction. 

I've removed the start of this post leave it out with the massively inappropriate comparisons it's not acceptable ~Rtas

• oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    I complained about getting killed with the AT rifle when it first came out when everyone did the challenge to unlock it.  I waited until it was available for the those who didn’t do the challenge.  It was fun at first, getting OHK but honestly, I was getting out sniped by real sniper rifles or rushed by other classes who easily killed me while prone and zoomed in.  It’s balanced for what it is.  Yes, I can eat crow.
  • StealthAria
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe complain about the need of a bipod first?  When a gun needs a bipod to have any semblance of accuracy, that forces people to camp.
    Wanna know why they force the bipod on people? Because people like you griped and complained that LMGs and snipers were OP because they ended your streak as the real OP class.

Buck up, bub, actions have consequences and you need to realize that applies to you too.
  • Woodlbrad
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would be useless without ohk at 100 meters they are slow asf and require bipod it’s fine bolt actions are better.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    edited September 10
    Woodlbrad said:
    It would be useless without ohk at 100 meters they are slow asf and require bipod it’s fine bolt actions are better.

AT rifle = ANTI TANK 
    They are designate for giving an AT option to the recon, OHK is just a total bad idea because nobody take them for doing what they supposed to do ...  ;)
  • Hawxxeye
    6063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no it is the infantry that need a nerf to not sidestep shots that much.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1925 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AT rifles should have just been a AT gadget for recons, with fewer rounds but slightly better damage against tanks. If it had only half a dozen rounds or so then OHK against infantry would be more palatable.  
  • Hawxxeye
    6063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AT rifles should have just been a AT gadget for recons, with fewer rounds but slightly better damage against tanks. If it had only half a dozen rounds or so then OHK against infantry would be more palatable.  
    It would also have more value for the team if it was implemented that way.
  • Trokey66
    8559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is the only 'fix' that should be considered.

Even then, it is not entirely necessary.
  • VincentNZ
    3238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At tleast as long as they remain primary weapons we will not get the sweetspot back. In any case, no they are not needed as primaries, they are inefficient and frustrating to use, they do offer a certain niche though, especially when actually used against vehicles. However since the most common use is against infantry, I must again say that their map design and gun design department do not work together.
  • THECOMMANDER66
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah... sounds logical🙄 an antitank rifle punches thru armor but shouldn’t hurt humans. This is about as tardo as saying a machine gun shouldn’t be prone bipodded and used for what it was designed for. Sounds about like nerfing anti personnel mines to make them not so anti personnel. Wahhhhh😭 I cant run around like a chicken with my head cut off with my stg44. There’s snipers, and MMGs, and mines Oh my. I see some Call of Doo Kie in your future.
  • 9IronKiller
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    An AT rifle would almost cut a human in half.
    people bought the game and are allowed to camp, especially on defence. Just flank them and shoot them in the ****.
    if you get killed by the same camper in the same spot twice then hmmmmmm
    and remember TOW at the moment has a mission to get like 3000 points with it. the novelty will wear off
  • Hawxxeye
    VincentNZ said:
    At tleast as long as they remain primary weapons we will not get the sweetspot back. In any case, no they are not needed as primaries, they are inefficient and frustrating to use, they do offer a certain niche though, especially when actually used against vehicles. However since the most common use is against infantry, I must again say that their map design and gun design department do not work together.
    the department who did the soldier movement and the department who decided on the muzzle velocities do not seem to communicate either.
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nerf it to the ground. The weapon is already useless. All it does is to serve as an annoyance to people playing the game
  • Woodlbrad
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    (Quote)
    AT rifle = ANTI TANK 
    They are designate for giving an AT option to the recon, OHK is just a total bad idea because nobody take them for doing what they supposed to do ...  ;)

They suck the only thing they have going for them is the ohk if dice removes that they are pretty much useless. It can’t counter snipe with all the limitations and not even a decent tank counter along with very slow rof. They should ohk with rof that slow and bad velocity. Maybe you should run around more if you’re dying to at rifles it’s difficult to hit a moving target with those guns.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE can “balance” these AT rifles all they like. 

The problem is that a weapon that emphasis the worst aspects of BFV’s infantry meta is always going increase player frustration and multiply the negativity towards an already struggling game.

The majority of players rounding a corner to die instantly to a chest shot from a mush of gray pixels hiding beside a grey rock are going to feel it is cheap death.

• HUMANFRAIL7Y
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE can “balance” these AT rifles all they like. 

The problem is that a weapon that emphasis the worst aspects of BFV’s infantry meta is always going increase player frustration and multiply the negativity towards an already struggling game.

The majority of players rounding a corner to die instantly to a chest shot from a mush of gray pixels hiding beside a grey rock are going to feel it is cheap death.

Bingo. Prone enemies are almost invisible in this game and catering to that kind of playstyle with weapons that require being prone in the first place is just a recipe for disaster.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    Need a buff against vehicule and nerf against infantry if not a headshot
  • Woodlbrad
    Need a buff against vehicule and nerf against infantry if not a headshot

Then dice might as well delete them from the game without ohk at 100m they are useless with such a low rof and bad velocity. They should hit hard it’s a huge rifle round.