AT rifle need a nerf against infantry

2

Comments

  • MidnightWarWolF
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PS4 here, everybody is playing static ( TTK is too fast for 30hz servers ) , 3D spot is gone and  now camper/ Bipoded prone guy are almost everywere, visibility is still crapy one year after launch ... This battlefield not look like what a battlefield should be ...  :'(

    Community was against the sweetspot on bf1 why the hell bring it back on stereoid ? , playing recon was skill needed (Headshot) now it just go prone aim and wait for the kill. FUNNY GAMEPLAY ... 

    If you want a OS sniper go play extreme mode ( WAIT, Dice ... ? )  :*

    Now 60% of the player are playing prone with the noob cannon ... 

    Dice common do something , remove the OS habillity if hit is not a headshot ... rethink the core mode and release extreme mode ...  :*


    Removed inappropriate comment ~Rtas
    They're easy targets for any recon using sniper rifles,you can dodge them easily if you're a moving target,they wont hitkill you after certain meters,if you're a medic,you can smoke your path and flank the AT/pzb3 player,nothing needs to be nerfed.
  • mrtwotimes
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this the gun I hear plinking at my tank as I drive off to the next flag capture?
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE can “balance” these AT rifles all they like. 

    The problem is that a weapon that emphasis the worst aspects of BFV’s infantry meta is always going increase player frustration and multiply the negativity towards an already struggling game.

    The majority of players rounding a corner to die instantly to a chest shot from a mush of gray pixels hiding beside a grey rock are going to feel it is cheap death.


    Bingo. Prone enemies are almost invisible in this game and catering to that kind of playstyle with weapons that require being prone in the first place is just a recipe for disaster.
    Remember when they told us that they “Had listened to the feedback from BF1 players” and removed the sweet spot mechanic from BFV?

    Only to later add a weapon that essentially adds a version of it to the game by proxy.

    It this constant self sabotage that frustrates and bewilders me regarding BFV.
  • MrCamp121
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Need a buff against vehicule and nerf against infantry if not a headshot

    Then dice might as well delete them from the game without ohk at 100m they are useless with such a low rof and bad velocity. They should hit hard it’s a huge rifle round.

    Then delete them. Absolute garbage weapons to have in this game
  • Major_Pungspark
    1419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE can “balance” these AT rifles all they like. 

    The problem is that a weapon that emphasis the worst aspects of BFV’s infantry meta is always going increase player frustration and multiply the negativity towards an already struggling game.

    The majority of players rounding a corner to die instantly to a chest shot from a mush of gray pixels hiding beside a grey rock are going to feel it is cheap death.


    Bingo. Prone enemies are almost invisible in this game and catering to that kind of playstyle with weapons that require being prone in the first place is just a recipe for disaster.
    Remember when they told us that they “Had listened to the feedback from BF1 players” and removed the sweet spot mechanic from BFV?

    Only to later add a weapon that essentially adds a version of it to the game by proxy.

    It this constant self sabotage that frustrates and bewilders me regarding BFV.
    Remember "Less random deaths"?
    Adds blanket bombers that "cant" be killed from the ground 
    Adds a super rocket
    Adds bad visibility
    Adds mmg
    Adds a pinkie toe kill sniper rifle

    Well, atleast 50% are not playing sniper on half the maps like in Bf1


  • MrCamp121
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Remember "Less random deaths"?
    Adds blanket bombers that "cant" be killed from the ground 
    Adds a super rocket
    Adds bad visibility
    Adds mmg
    Adds a pinkie toe kill sniper rifle

    Well, atleast 50% are not playing sniper on half the maps like in Bf1

    1/3 are lately because of the new noob rifle. Thats bad enough
  • Woodlbrad
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    Maybe all the whiners should be crying about bolts instead they are way better compared to AT rifles. You can be mobile, follow up shots, and land headshots like crazy with better velocity if your aim is on point. You’re at a huge disadvantage with AT rifles there’s so many disadvantages I ditched them after lvl 4 they suck and because I always lvl guns to 4 to max the skill trees out. The balance is fine you should just get good there’s no reason it shouldn’t be a ohk with all the limitations. 2 shot body kill doesn’t even make sense with the abysmal rof you should be glad it’s only up to 100m. I’d hate to see you guys play a much harder game like verdun where ppl die in 1 shot to bolts all the time.
  • Amgtree
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Maybe all the whiners should be crying about bolts instead they are way better compared to AT rifles. You can be mobile, follow up shots, and land headshots like crazy with better velocity if your aim is on point. You’re at a huge disadvantage with AT rifles there’s so many disadvantages I ditched them after lvl 4 they suck and because I always lvl guns to 4 to max the skill trees out. The balance is fine you should just get good there’s no reason it shouldn’t be a ohk with all the limitations. 2 shot body kill doesn’t even make sense with the abysmal rof you should be glad it’s only up to 100m. I’d hate to see you guys play a much harder game like verdun where ppl die in 1 shot to bolts all the time.

    Bait
  • MrCamp121
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Maybe all the whiners should be crying about bolts instead they are way better compared to AT rifles. You can be mobile, follow up shots, and land headshots like crazy with better velocity if your aim is on point. You’re at a huge disadvantage with AT rifles there’s so many disadvantages I ditched them after lvl 4 they suck and because I always lvl guns to 4 to max the skill trees out. The balance is fine you should just get good there’s no reason it shouldn’t be a ohk with all the limitations. 2 shot body kill doesn’t even make sense with the abysmal rof you should be glad it’s only up to 100m. I’d hate to see you guys play a much harder game like verdun where ppl die in 1 shot to bolts all the time.

    You must be a boys main
  • Woodlbrad
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Maybe all the whiners should be crying about bolts instead they are way better compared to AT rifles. You can be mobile, follow up shots, and land headshots like crazy with better velocity if your aim is on point. You’re at a huge disadvantage with AT rifles there’s so many disadvantages I ditched them after lvl 4 they suck and because I always lvl guns to 4 to max the skill trees out. The balance is fine you should just get good there’s no reason it shouldn’t be a ohk with all the limitations. 2 shot body kill doesn’t even make sense with the abysmal rof you should be glad it’s only up to 100m. I’d hate to see you guys play a much harder game like verdun where ppl die in 1 shot to bolts all the time.

    You must be a boys main

    Nah I’m sick of cry babies calling for nerfs to the weakest primaries in the game. I use the kar98k or the krag I don’t think I even have silver dog tag with the boys. But then again maybe I should be using it more because it requires the most skill out of all the primaries. You’re only hindering the classes potential using anti material rifles it isn’t consistent for long range very difficult leading a target and counter sniping. Anyone somewhat decent at the game would know you will get domed by a good sniper using a bolt before you even line up your shot.
  • Woodlbrad
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    Keep crying about it tho since you die to it over and over apparently what’s it like dying to the worst primary in the game repeatedly? You should instead be complaining of what is actually overpowered like the assault kit which has no weaknesses. I think all the primaries are fine other than maybe mmg needs another slight nerf maybe since they’re pretty ridiculous and assault gadget ammo. Oh and pistols other than the revolver need a slight dmg buff.
    Post edited by Woodlbrad on
  • MrCamp121
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Maybe all the whiners should be crying about bolts instead they are way better compared to AT rifles. You can be mobile, follow up shots, and land headshots like crazy with better velocity if your aim is on point. You’re at a huge disadvantage with AT rifles there’s so many disadvantages I ditched them after lvl 4 they suck and because I always lvl guns to 4 to max the skill trees out. The balance is fine you should just get good there’s no reason it shouldn’t be a ohk with all the limitations. 2 shot body kill doesn’t even make sense with the abysmal rof you should be glad it’s only up to 100m. I’d hate to see you guys play a much harder game like verdun where ppl die in 1 shot to bolts all the time.

    You must be a boys main

    Nah I’m sick of cry babies calling for nerfs to the weakest primaries in the game. I use the kar98k or the krag I don’t think I even have silver dog tag with the boys. But then again maybe I should be using it more because it requires the most skill out of all the primaries. You’re only hindering the classes potential using anti material rifles it isn’t consistent for long range very difficult leading a target and counter sniping. Anyone somewhat decent at the game would know you will get domed by a good sniper using a bolt before you even line up your shot.

    Lol @ most skill. Your argument goes right out the window right there. Just stop.
  • SirTerrible
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    Love being told to get good by someone with basically 1/3 my ability.
    .
    These prone weapons are trash for gameplay. End of story.
  • Woodlbrad
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    Plz enlighten me what’s a harder primary than a sniper rifle that cant snipe? You don’t even have a counter argument.
  • SirTerrible
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The skill ceiling on the AT Rifles is about an inch above the skill floor. Anyone with any situational awareness, movement skill, and aim ability will do better with a proper sniper rifle. They aren't good guns, them being OP isn't the argument. Them leading to boring gameplay is the argument.
  • Woodlbrad
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    The skill ceiling on the AT Rifles is about an inch above the skill floor. Anyone with any situational awareness, movement skill, and aim ability will do better with a proper sniper rifle. They aren't good guns, them being OP isn't the argument. Them leading to boring gameplay is the argument.
    So nerfing a bad gun will somehow make the rest of the game less boring? The game has a bigger problem than just a couple guns. It’s the core gameplay of V.
  • SirTerrible
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad said:
    The skill ceiling on the AT Rifles is about an inch above the skill floor. Anyone with any situational awareness, movement skill, and aim ability will do better with a proper sniper rifle. They aren't good guns, them being OP isn't the argument. Them leading to boring gameplay is the argument.
    So nerfing a bad gun will somehow make the rest of the game less boring? The game has a bigger problem than just a couple guns. It’s the core gameplay of V.
    It would make the game a bit less boring yes. There are a ton of things that when combined make BFV pretty unfun for a lot of players. Eliminating as many of them as we can would only be a good thing in my eyes. I'm of the opinion that they should look at what players liked about BF3, BF4, and BF1 and try to make BFV closer to that. Visibility issues and stationary weapons that take advantage of such issues would be a decent starting point even if things like map design are likely bigger problems.
  • Woodlbrad
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    Love being told to get good by someone with basically 1/3 my ability..These prone weapons are trash for gameplay. End of story.

    That’s a pretty bold statement coming from someone complaining about a couple guns assuming things Ic. Did you look up my stats or referring to someone else because I have almost 500hrs time played on just bfv alone.
  • MrCamp121
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Love being told to get good by someone with basically 1/3 my ability..These prone weapons are trash for gameplay. End of story.

    That’s a pretty bold statement coming from someone complaining about a couple guns assuming things Ic. Did you look up my stats or referring to someone else because I have almost 500hrs time played on just bfv alone.

    No offense...but playing a lot does not equate tp skill level. Hence ranks are meaningless
  • n1ghtskynet
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No those rifle are fine because they are hard to use bolt action rifle are way better instead of asking DICE to nerf something try to counter it for example you should try to learn the hiding spots in maps and improve your game sense so campers won't be a problem
Sign In or Register to comment.