This Week in Battlefield V

Heavy Weapons Class

jroggs
425 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
My suggestion: create a brand new class for MMGs and AMRs, removing them from the Support and Recon classes.

Nerf infantry damage for AMRs and recoil for MMGs, while looking to improve their performance against tanks and planes respectively.

In turn, allow this class special access to better secondary weapons, along the lines of the tanker/ pilot weapons for BF1. Machine pistols, double barrel shotguns, pistol carbines, that sort of thing. This way Heavy Weapons players have an option for mobile and aggressive play.

Gadget option suggestions:
Ammo
Deployable shield (similar to BF1)
Deployable tripod (for extremely good recoil control and a bit more elevation than bipod)

Fliegerfaust
Knee mortar
Panzerschreck
PIAT

Grenades: Frag, AT, Sticky

Comments

• MrCamp121
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    My suggestion: create a brand new class for MMGs and AMRs, removing them from the Support and Recon classes.

Nerf infantry damage for AMRs and recoil for MMGs, while looking to improve their performance against tanks and planes respectively.

In turn, allow this class special access to better secondary weapons, along the lines of the tanker/ pilot weapons for BF1. Machine pistols, double barrel shotguns, pistol carbines, that sort of thing. This way Heavy Weapons players have an option for mobile and aggressive play.

Ammo
    Deployable tripod (for extremely good recoil control and a bit more elevation than bipod)

Fliegerfaust
    Knee mortar
    Panzerschreck
    PIAT

Nerf recoil for mmgs? If anything they need more. Or just remove that trash from.the game along with all these prone guns like the panzerwhatever and at rifle
  • jroggs
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Ammo

Fliegerfaust
    Knee mortar
    Panzerschreck
    PIAT

Nerf recoil for mmgs? If anything they need more. Or just remove that trash from.the game along with all these prone guns like the panzerwhatever and at rifle
    "Nerf" means "make it worse." If I was suggesting an improvement to recoil control, I would have said "buff." I'd also massively nerf hipfire and semi-ADS to remove the run-and-gun component entirely from these weapons; that's what the better secondaries are for. (I'd also remove back prone and side prone ADS.)

I don't think they should be removed from the game, but balanced better. This way the weapons are still viable for defense, counter-attacks, and the occasional ambush, but not exceptionally good for camping cheese. The goal is to bring these weapons figuratively and literally out of the shadows and implement them so players can use them in a better-designed class without handicapping themselves from playing the game as intended.
  • MrCamp121
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    "Nerf" means "make it worse." If I was suggesting an improvement to recoil control, I would have said "buff." I'd also massively nerf hipfire and semi-ADS to remove the run-and-gun component entirely from these weapons; that's what the better secondaries are for. (I'd also remove back prone and side prone ADS.)

I don't think they should be removed from the game, but balanced better. This way the weapons are still viable for defense, counter-attacks, and the occasional ambush, but not exceptionally good for camping cheese. The goal is to bring these weapons figuratively and literally out of the shadows and implement them so players can use them in a better-designed class without handicapping themselves from playing the game as intended.

Ok i looked at it from nerfing = reducing. Aka reducing the recoil. Was like..you crazy lol

They shouldve just reduced rof and made them bf4 style. This whole prone meta is outta control. Literally. Out of control. Half of servers lately are just prone players using mmgs, panzywhatevers, at rifles. Its the most toxic game.
  • StealthAria
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    They don't need a recoil nerf, the base recoil is crazy.
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/luciferlion/video/79006617
    ^When the bipod deploys but doesn't activate. S2-200 (the gun used in the clip) has the best recoil numbers for any MMG, but look at those sights flying around.  I've had the same thing happen with every MMG by now and some of them are hilariously bad.  1200 RPM MG42 is even so bad it breaks the game.
  • Trokey66
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You mean not unlike an archetype that that the 'community' were dead set against?
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would prefer no classes at all.
  • MrCamp121
    I would prefer no classes at all.

Same. And no prone. But heh