This Week in Battlefield V

How to find an actual breakthrough server?

barnesalmighty2
1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Every single one I'm my server browser is fortress or grind and not breakthrough. It's doing my head in, I don't like those modes and want to play breakthrough. Anyone know how to find breakthrough now?

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've just been refreshing until I see one titled 'Breakthrough' rather than 'Combat Under Pressure' but it was really slim pickings yesterday morning. Sorry man as I know that won't help you at all.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is only 1 breakthrough server running right now and it only has 15 players in it.
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Superb! I wonder if people are using the matchmaker and it's putting them on the temporary playlist rather than an actual Breakthrough one?
  • barnesalmighty2
    I tried the matchmaker and it was putting me into empty servers but the correct mode.
  • ElliotLH
    Damn, but sounds about right for the matchmaker *sigh*. 
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ???

Advanced Search doesn't have any Breakthrough servers? That's normally what I play to grind out any assignments and never have trouble. East US here. Although there aren't that many servers running standard Breakthrough most days. Tops about 10.
  • the_Aherus
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't play this mode, but try to type 'breakthrough' in 'filter by name' input. 
  • Art3misJinx
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every single one I'm my server browser is fortress or grind and not breakthrough. It's doing my head in, I don't like those modes and want to play breakthrough. Anyone know how to find breakthrough now?
    Go into matchmaking and pick breakthrough, then at the bottom there should be a list servers button. When you click that it should show you the server browser with only breakthrough servers, and no combat under pressure ones even if they're running a breakthrough map.
  • barnesalmighty2
    the_Aherus wrote: »
    I don't play this mode, but try to type 'breakthrough' in 'filter by name' input. 
    Tried that and still only get the servers that have been incorrectly named as breakthrough.
  • VOLBANKER
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Click "Sort by name" in advanced search.

This puts all Combat Under Pressure servers together, with all "real" Breakthrough servers coming afterwards.

DICE really ought to fix it so these temporary game mode servers do not show up under the permanent game mode servers.
  • ElliotLH
    VOLBANKER said:

This puts all Combat Under Pressure servers together, with all "real" Breakthrough servers coming afterwards.

DICE really ought to fix it so these temporary game mode servers do not show up under the permanent game mode servers.
    And they can stop Grand Operations appearing there when filtering by Breakthrough while they're at it.
  • barnesalmighty2
    VOLBANKER wrote: »

Thanks bud. Its just a shame there are so few breakthrough servers going. Hopefully it doesn't get cut too.
  • Art3misJinx
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:

Do what I said in my post and they won't.