This Week in Battlefield V

I don't look forward to next week,

2»

Comments

• Art3misJinx
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope people just go to ammo crates and spam them to quickly complete that node. Badly placed smoke is hell to deal with.
  • M_Rat13
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The alternative is 35k score. Trust me, people would rather do that than spam smoke. Path of least thought. Also, I know how to use smoke. Saved a friendly tank a few days ago by popping smoke in front of it so it could retreat to repair. Then followed up with an artillery barrage on the point so it could push back up. Felt like a team player that day.
  • BrianLocal1
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's easy you just get by supply crate as medic.  I've been doing the medic special assignment for that for while now.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only 20 times?  Heck find the nearest ammo depot right away and that give ya 3 rifle smoke?  Then equip smoke grenade.  Then go wild then hopefully find ammo crate or another ammo depot.  Rinse and repeat.  This should be done in a half a match or less.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Oh it's definitely just smoke grenades/grenade launcher. I was joking though about how poorly people have been using smoke barrages this week, deploying them on top of the team so basically you can't see the enemy at all and to advance on them means to run out of the smoke into waiting guns. Kinda unhelpful, especially when you're supposed to be attacking. People as Medics have popped smoke terribly for forever though. 

Haha yes there has been some truly atrocious smoke use this week.

It's one if the things I hate in bfv all the noobs have listened to you tubers and constantly spam smoke. Need to move 10 feet fire smoke, see people shooting at each other fire smoke, see a tank fire smoke.... I dislike it very much. Even for reviving I just kill the guy then revive. I hate smoke and for a game where a lot of people cry about visibility I see no reason to spam it so much.
    I personally only use smoke to cover an advance. Think like the start of Devastation Fortress as the Attackers, fire it at the Vickers and the position off to the far right and push through the center. Then some dimwit ends up popping smoke to revive a guy who has thus fallen well into cover out of the line of fire and ends up blinding our ability to actually engage the enemy effectively.

Fun thing on visibility though, I don't have as much gripe with it personally as most. Fjell with Germans is still annoying and often a prone guy can still hide well in a corner, but not too annoying for me. My problem with visibility though is my team. Like you poke a corner, see as a guy prone and start shooting but lose. Then like three lemmings come forward and proceed to one-by-one die to him while he's on 10hp. Or, more often, I see a teammate push into a position. He's there for a good 10 Seconds or so, ok I guess it's clear to move up. Bam, instantly turn the corner to find an enemy who not only did my teammate not see him, but he also apparently missed said teammate yet is very well aware of me. It's absurd how often this happens to me, though atleast most of the time I come out on top. xD
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix said:
    I really dont know what's the fuss about deploying 20 smoke grenade anyway. I'll probably sitting next to the supply crate, equip both smoke grenade and smoke grenade launcher (as i always do), deploy 5 smokes each times, resupply and get it done in a few minutes.

Smoke if use correctly, it's as good as the Flare gun because it temporary remove 3D Spot.

It's easy you just get by supply crate as medic.  I've been doing the medic special assignment for that for while now.
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Only 20 times?  Heck find the nearest ammo depot right away and that give ya 3 rifle smoke?  Then equip smoke grenade.  Then go wild then hopefully find ammo crate or another ammo depot.  Rinse and repeat.  This should be done in a half a match or less.
    Three more people miss my point. The assignment is absolutely easy, the problem is that it certainly will not be done as easily as sitting by a supply crate by the blueberries on my team or the enemy. I very much enjoy being able to see the enemy I want to shoot at. Not a problem in normal CQ, but I'm maining Breakthrough a bunch as Attackers for assignments and it's a real pain in that.

M_Rat13 said:
    The alternative is 35k score. Trust me, people would rather do that than spam smoke. Path of least thought. Also, I know how to use smoke. Saved a friendly tank a few days ago by popping smoke in front of it so it could retreat to repair. Then followed up with an artillery barrage on the point so it could push back up. Felt like a team player that day.
    Oh that path is easily the way to go, though I like to complete everything anyway (and I don't even need the chapter XP). 35k is like a game and a half, and then the other objective is just something like kill some enemies if I recall correctly right? Either way whatever it is still looked easy as well.