I really hope the devs watch this video...

Turban_Legend80
4534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

I’m not a massive fan of “YouTubers”, but this guy is a good egg. And this video is a good representation of what most of us are trying to say when we argue and b*tch on these forums about BFV.

Comments

• TheyHaveScissors
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a good video.

Makes you realize how DICE dropped the ball on BFV.
  • warslag
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like your posts and everything but that video is banal. In the video the narrator AKA-ART is trying to solve all of Battlefield's problems by explaining how he perceives Battlefield and how people should see the game the same way as him. He doesn't seem to even question his own view or the obvious point that it doesn't even matter what he or other people think as they aren't the ones making the game.

The devs are the only ones who can say why Battlefield has ended up like it is. It's not down to the players at all. So it's pointless trying to convince players to think about Battlefield in a particular way because if you want Battlefield to be a proper successor to BF2 and BF3 then the devs would have to ignore what the players think.

We got where we are now because devs responded to what players wanted changed from BF3. Most players wouldn't even have played BF2 and probably think it's a Bad Company game.

Even if they did come up with a perfect Battlefield game it would still lack the private 3rd part server rentals of past BF games which means it won't have admins. There's also the seemingly unsolvable problems with fair play that wasn't anywhere near as bad before the huge increase in the player base in BF3.
  • TectonicGuns
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A giood example of a "not fun failure"  is BF1's Conquest scoring system leading to hopelessness to win after a few minutes of falling behind thus often losing for 20+ minutes.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    Good Video 
  • Major_Pungspark
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    All the red dots are insane, ah, allmost forgot about all the thermal sights to....I see he found a after patch shotgun to, those where insane...
  • Turban_Legend80
    4534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    warslag wrote: »
    I like your posts and everything but that video is banal. In the video the narrator AKA-ART is trying to solve all of Battlefield's problems by explaining how he perceives Battlefield and how people should see the game the same way as him. He doesn't seem to even question his own view or the obvious point that it doesn't even matter what he or other people think as they aren't the ones making the game.

The devs are the only ones who can say why Battlefield has ended up like it is. It's not down to the players at all. So it's pointless trying to convince players to think about Battlefield in a particular way because if you want Battlefield to be a proper successor to BF2 and BF3 then the devs would have to ignore what the players think.

We got where we are now because devs responded to what players wanted changed from BF3. Most players wouldn't even have played BF2 and probably think it's a Bad Company game.

Even if they did come up with a perfect Battlefield game it would still lack the private 3rd part server rentals of past BF games which means it won't have admins. There's also the seemingly unsolvable problems with fair play that wasn't anywhere near as bad before the huge increase in the player base in BF3.

I like your posts too.
    No matter who has done a video, it will always include their point of view. However he has explained every point with great detail, and personally I agree with a lot of it. But I don’t expect everybody to share his views mate.
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Few quick points I found the BF4 bias was a little to strong and BF1 player based is more than just PC players.

* Aiming for depth which is what I think BF1 tired to do which seems to be glossed over. No weapon was diffcult for causal player to pickup and start. BF4 attachments and BFV specialization both fail casual or new players are at disadvantage while longer term players are rewarded. If depth is getting better understand of the game. How is BF3/4 and different to BFV, spending lots of time getting attachment is not deeper than choosing a specialization.  Learning flows and maps is deeper.

* Team play, yes BFV has team play but it is to heavily focused on squad not the team. A example of bad team play in BF4 PLD+ Javelin,  Recon can do the job of spotting but was dependent fully on a Engineer.  BFV went further where spots can only been seen by squad mates while making it even harder to spot, so you need a spotter in each squad. However team/squad on voice comms easily over comes that, but BF team play should not be just for friends on comms. 

* Immersion, while focusing solely on playing and how to win is great. Some of the animation is there yes to make the game less magic however some is there not just for realism but to stop unwanted game behavior.  The instant vehicle enter/exit also reduces Anti-vehicles players suddenly appearing/disappearing during tank v tank battles.  Grenades don't need throw animation yet look at BF1 comments on how many wanted it to slow the throw. Animation like gun reload and attrition can be used to slow/interrupt play otherwise we have guns that continuous fires and have unlimited bullets.

BFV problems for many is it's not a modified BF3/4 and it should never have tired.  I see all this talk of fun and how fun BF4 was and how DICE should go back to that. That's crazy why did most players spend there time playing grind infantry maps simple no vehicles, to get attachments and intense play.  Does BFV offer that? No the assignments are tedious and require luck of the draw to complete(or bugs), intense play is almost there but it is primary gun only to me BF includes secondary, gadgets, grenades and melee too which are lacking and finially vehicles it is not they are in the game it is how can the majority (infantry) can counter and how easy to use. 

Bipod are not the issue, snipers are not the issue, planes are not the issue, camping tanks are not the issue, op action man is not the issue, team interaction is not the issue, visibility is not the issue, attrition is not the issues or realism graphics, it is not a single issue but many small things together.

• ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He is my favorite Battlefield You Tuber.
  • RedRum281179
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Amazing vid...Great thoughts
  • warslag
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Honestly, watching this video makes my brain hurt. He is talking about one thing while contradicting his point entirely.
    That is exactly what I was originally going to say but I thought that people would automatically think I was trolling.
  • M_Rat13
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Controversial Opinion: BF3/4 was where the problem began. Introduced too many casuals into the game who've never heard of tactical gameplay. That's why they didn't like BF1. Also why BFV feels like it's trying to both be more tactical, yet still trying to also be noob friendly, which are two things that will never mix. If BF3/4 hadn't exploded the fanbase, and just stayed true to Battelfields before them, BFV would be a much better designed game. That's just a fact.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Controversial Opinion: BF3/4 was where the problem began. Introduced too many casuals into the game who've never heard of tactical gameplay. That's why they didn't like BF1. Also why BFV feels like it's trying to both be more tactical, yet still trying to also be noob friendly, which are two things that will never mix. If BF3/4 hadn't exploded the fanbase, and just stayed true to Battelfields before them, BFV would be a much better designed game. That's just a fact.
    Fascinating. Start off with an opinion, then convince yourself at the end it's a fact. Mental Gymnastics score, 10/10.
  • M_Rat13
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Fascinating. Start off with an opinion, then convince yourself at the end it's a fact. Mental Gymnastics score, 10/10.

Well, it's clear the BFV team wanted to listen to the original playerbase, but also needed to appeal to the new casuals from BF3/4, who got mad at BF1. BFV as we know it simply wouldn't of existed without the original player base input, because the casuals wanted a modern combat game for a start. That's the fact. The opinion comes from me not having a problem with the idea of BFV, a tactical WW2 game. It could have been great. However, to the casual noobs who like running around as modern action man, who do have a problem with the very idea of a tactical WW2 game. You want BFV to be better, you'll hate BF3/4. You want BFV to fail, you'll want a game like BF3/4. That's opinion in action.
  • TFBisquit
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know, player base was small and they hoped with bf3 to attract more customers, which worked. By staying true to their old formula they would also forfeit a lot of extra income, which in turn makes it possible to create an even bigger battlefield game.
    So is bfv back to basics? Is it true to the original bf feeling? Or is it true to bf3 and 4?
    Because if it’s neither, those games can’t be blamed for it either.
  • M_Rat13
    I usually like AKA-ART's videos, but I'm very aware of his BF3/4 bias.

How does one even define a 'perfect' Battlefield game, when this community has so many differing ideas on the subject? Someone's 'perfect' game could be absolute nonsense to someone else.

It is the job of DICE's game designers to concoct the vision of a Battlefield game, but it seems that their failure in BFV has given this community an impetus to define the 'perfect' vision of a game.

It's all subjective, which makes any debate on it nearly pointless.

Perhaps. But, I think BF1942 should be the benchmark. It was the original.
  • Jeffmaxs6
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I played 1942 as a single player game 17 years ago. BF2 came out in 05, but it was laggy for me using DSL or cable. I favored UT, but BF2 was still fun. The off line demo was fun too. BF2 you could play against the AI and have a friend join your game. You could give the AI commands and be the commander.  The good games and what made a game seem to have been lost.  I seen a BF3 video and I was sold. I still get excited and the feel to play watching a BF3 video, even BF4. Watching a BFV does the same for me as playing it. Nothing.  Rubbish compared to BF2-3-4.

• SQHDP
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't like BF4 as I liked BF3, it had horrible maps and was NOT a console game (I play on PS4) lack of servers in my region and now it's full of cheaters