So, where's the shotgun hate?

M_Rat13
904 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Given how much people complain about being one shot by BA rifles and AT rifles, why is there not more hate for shotguns? They can also one shot people. Not saying personally I hate shotguns, in fact, they are my favourite weapon class, and probably the one I'm best at, but given the hate towards one shots, it seems inconsistent I hear very little hate for shotguns. So, why is that?

Comments

• zasers
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Activate your chat ingame and you will see the hate. shotgun is fun to play... sometimes
  • Godmodegta
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    I think there plenty  hate for shotgun, It just old topic, but there not useful long range, but when it come too close quarter combat there nasty,  worse one are the one camp in tree's  or one camp inside building like in Rotterdam, shotgun won't be as popular as  Mg-42 , 200 mag and insane fire rate and controllable recoil that can fire long range and close range.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I rarely come across people with shotguns, at least not killed by them anyway.  Occasionally i will have a round where someone will nail me 3 or 4 times with a shotgun, but they are so rare as to not bother me. I personally think Shotguns, the OHK variety anyway, just shouldnt be in FPS games.  They arent needed and just cause balance/inconsistency  arguments.  
  • M_Rat13
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I rarely come across people with shotguns, at least not killed by them anyway.  Occasionally i will have a round where someone will nail me 3 or 4 times with a shotgun, but they are so rare as to not bother me. I personally think Shotguns, the OHK variety anyway, just shouldnt be in FPS games.  They arent needed and just cause balance/inconsistency  arguments.  

So they don't bother you, but you don't want them in game? And a shotgun that doesn't one shot might as well not exist in game, look at the 12g in BF1. I find hatred of one shot hypocritical anyway, because fast TTK might as well be a one shot, but people love fast TTK.
  • Godmodegta
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'ma be honest, shotgun do annoy me, but people I seen use shotgun, are always moving and playing the objected, and I like that a lot, while mmg ideal is too trap enemy and keep them at bay, but a shotgun only has limited shot.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:

So they don't bother you, but you don't want them in game? And a shotgun that doesn't one shot might as well not exist in game, look at the 12g in BF1. I find hatred of one shot hypocritical anyway, because fast TTK might as well be a one shot, but people love fast TTK.
    You dont have to hate something to think it shouldnt be in game for one reason or another. You are right that if they didnt have OHK then they would be useless with the low TTK as shotgun users, as with other classes are probably a lot of the time melted before they can return fire.
  • Jeffmaxs6
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You really want to know? It's a noob gun, noob move, so there's more of an understanding, then hate. hehe.

• ElliotLH
    8151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My guess it's a mix of them not being used in great numbers and that the 1HK is often inconsistent. Maybe also that at least someone with a shotgun is moving around rather than lying prone.
  • zenn_nme
    798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    Not a lot of players running around with Shotguns 'cause it's not in the Assault class is my take, so less hate for it.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why did you create such thread? Want more whining and drama for no reason? Seriously.
  • M_Rat13
    Why did you create such thread? Want more whining and drama for no reason? Seriously.

I want consistency from people. I know, it's a big ask.
  • mrtwotimes
    730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I miss my BF1 Model 10-A
  • VincentNZ
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Given how much people complain about being one shot by BA rifles and AT rifles, why is there not more hate for shotguns? They can also one shot people. Not saying personally I hate shotguns, in fact, they are my favourite weapon class, and probably the one I'm best at, but given the hate towards one shots, it seems inconsistent I hear very little hate for shotguns. So, why is that?

Because the OHK range of shotguns is 10-20ish metres, while OHL ranges of AT rifles is 100m and that of BAs is infinite, although people rarely complain about them either.
  • M_Rat13
    VincentNZ said:
    M_Rat13 said:

Because the OHK range of shotguns is 10-20ish metres, while OHL ranges of AT rifles is 100m and that of BAs is infinite, although people rarely complain about them either.

Well, people complain about bush snipers, and did so before the AT rifle introduction, so I presume they meant the BA rifles.
  • Sjangsung
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Always have hated shotguns :*
  • Matty101yttam
    862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The hate is for 1 shot kill weapons, snipers get the same but when the damage keeps getting rolled like it does in this game even smgs feel like they are 1 shot killing so the shotguns don't stand out as much.
  • Noodlesocks
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's often whining in the in game chat but shotguns would be useless if they couldn't one shot at close range. If they couldn't they'd just be even worse bolt action rifles.
  • ragnarok013
    3033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There's plenty of shotgun hate, particularly against the Drilling however since they are limited to a single class they aren't as problematic as they were in previous entries.
  • jroggs
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not what the weapon is, it's how that enemy is using it. People hate AT rifles because they're often employed by campers who hide outside objectives. Shotguns, on the other hands, are generally used by aggressive, mobile players who make the game exciting and fun.

Shotguns are also fairly rare due to BFV's map design. We'll see if Underground changes that paradigm.
  • TFBisquit
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shotguns are for close combat, at rifles not.
    And since we can use both, I would prefer shotgun combat. Now I'm always annoyed when killed by shotgun, but how can I dislike it when I started online gaming in sof, which had shotguns as primary weapon in the servers?
    I cannot.