Increase the limit for tank ammo?

LINKERBLOX
70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
If im not mistaken the tiger tank carried 92 shells, but here it carries less than 30, it takes 4 APCRs average to destroy an enemy tank frontally, and i only have 8, so i can only engage 2 tanks before having to resupply, increasing the shell limit will get more tankers to last and PTFO

Comments

• DukeSan27
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For reference, in Beta, Tiger had 18 base shells, which could be upgraded to 30 with spec tree.

In release, it was changed to 24 with upgrade. That killed most of Tiger's viability, especially since its slow and trip to depot means few minutes timeout.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    Failing that add a resupply halftrack.
  • johnkapa1
    200 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree it should have more. It was one of the best tanks in the war.
  • Noodlesocks
    2776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd just be happy if flags had resupply depots so there'd be a reason to take and hold them as vehicles.
  • jroggs
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Increase the number of resupply depots between objectives instead. Tank campers don't need fewer reasons to join the game.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would have been nice if vehicle users could use their squad points to call in for useful things like supply drops, scout planes even AA barrage's from within the tank.   
  • SQHDP
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are a problem to me. I like playing as infantry and the amount of ammo the tanks have lets players camp for a while. I know console players camp more than PC's but annoys me
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks overall need a major reword in this game. Increasing ammo capacity for heavy tanks would be a nice change. Currently Tiger I is extremely underwhelming because you either have to take low ammo capacity and increased tower speed, or increased ammo capacity and leave turret speed at "f you km/h".
  • Zviko0
    1623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think ammo is fine. It's damage that needs buffing. I don't see the reason why we need so many shots to destroy a tank with a tank while 1 Assault can do it by himself. It doesn't make sense in any way. Make it a 3 shot kill like it used to be. No glancing blow bs, 3 shot kill that's it. 2 shot if you hit the rear, just like in BF1942.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, ammo is fine. We dont want tanks camping on areas infantry cant get to becaue of map limitations for long.
  • Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 13
    the entire concept of a tank needs to be redone from the ground up in BFV

No, ammo is fine. We dont want tanks camping on areas infantry cant get to becaue of map limitations for long.

Lets get rid of the team specific map limitations I say, they do more harm than good.
    The ammo limitations did not reduced the out of zone camping if anything it happens more since the spawns always have more ammo for the tank to camp there forever.
  • fragnstein
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Lets get rid of the team specific map limitations I say, they do more harm than good.
    The ammo limitations did not reduced the out of zone camping if anything it happens more since the spawns always have more ammo for the tank to camp there forever.

So you want to be able to camp inside the enemy starting zone so you can kill spawning enemies and boobie trap vehicle spawns? That doesn't sound like it will do much good
  • LINKERBLOX
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    (Quote)

So you want to be able to camp inside the enemy starting zone so you can kill spawning enemies and boobie trap vehicle spawns? That doesn't sound like it will do much good

Maybe force the players to rely on field cannons instead of overusing dynamite and piats to destroy a tank in less than a second
    Maybe buff the repairable armor of tanks against infantry, and make the field cannon easier to use (spinning it and carrying it), if an assault can run whilst carrying over 30kg worth of explosives plus ammo and other supplies he probably can push a field cannon with his bare hands
  • TheyHaveScissors
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Maybe force the players to rely on field cannons instead of overusing dynamite and piats to destroy a tank in less than a second
    Maybe buff the repairable armor of tanks against infantry, and make the field cannon easier to use (spinning it and carrying it), if an assault can run whilst carrying over 30kg worth of explosives plus ammo and other supplies he probably can push a field cannon with his bare hands

Bad idea, tanks are pretty powerful in their current state. Same complaints arose with BF4 tanks, whilst in the right hands and some rudimentary teamplay it could wreck the server.
  • DukeSan27
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Too many Infantry cry-babies around who do not understand the affects of supply-depots on game-play.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd just be happy if flags had resupply depots so there'd be a reason to take and hold them as vehicles.
    Yes, Like it.  Also, take the one out of the spawn, and only allow it to be refilled once from a capped flag.  Unfortunately, tanks would probably just be part of the Zerg.  

People just need to watch which way all the blue dots are headed towards, and head towards a different flag.
  • jroggs
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Better to remove resupplies from team spawns and prevent tanks from fighting from or returning to these safe zones, then make sure there are a good amount of resupply stations between objectives that don't take so long to rebuild.
    (Quote)
    ...allow it to be refilled once from a capped flag.  

I like this idea. I don't think it would be detrimental to teamplay, either. Tanks SHOULD be more incentivized to work with infantry.
  • DingoKillr
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Yes, Like it.  Also, take the one out of the spawn, and only allow it to be refilled once from a capped flag.  Unfortunately, tanks would probably just be part of the Zerg.  

People just need to watch which way all the blue dots are headed towards, and head towards a different flag.
    Removing resupply station within base spawn OK. Maybe instead of putting half between they could be to the side/flank, so you need to leave the spawn but can be outside zerg combat but can be used as a flanker to push.