Racism and high ping players and ****s

Matty101yttam
862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Noticed a side effect of the high ping players being in oor servers more often lately, also with the increase in people playing...less honestly shall we say, there's been a huge amount of racism directed at asian players.

This is then being made worse because the server degredation from high ping players gets combined with the extra lag from the last patch, increasing the resentment quite a bit as well. 

Not trying to make a point on anything but it's something i thought interesting, how dropping the ball on a games technical issues leads to something like this. I mean obviously it doesn't create the racist people but people who are normally not outwardly racist and wouldn't care one way or the other are being tilted that way and making comments they wouldn't normally.

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep. I think we saw this in the same server tonight.

It’s deffo a side effect. The frustration seems to arise more from people assuming 160 ping = China = cheating
  • robmcewen
    3003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been put into some Brazilian and Australian servers recently, didn’t stay just looked at the big red 300+ icon and left.

The cheating problem is bigger in Asia than the west so unfortunately when people see Asia tags after getting killed due to lag they jump to conclusions.

As for racist chat I don’t have that problem, the joys of being console peasant.
  • MrCamp121
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noticed a side effect of the high ping players being in oor servers more often lately, also with the increase in people playing...less honestly shall we say, there's been a huge amount of racism directed at asian players.

This is then being made worse because the server degredation from high ping players gets combined with the extra lag from the last patch, increasing the resentment quite a bit as well. 

Not trying to make a point on anything but it's something i thought interesting, how dropping the ball on a games technical issues leads to something like this. I mean obviously it doesn't create the racist people but people who are normally not outwardly racist and wouldn't care one way or the other are being tilted that way and making comments they wouldn't normally.

Well considering the massive massive cheating problem in asian servers...seriously..just google it...when they pop into NA servers with their 180+ pings..its bad even if theyre legit players. Now, when they become bullet sponges and seemingly 1 frame you endlessly because of a combination of horrible netcode, high pings, etc. The suspicions raise. And rightly so
  • DukeSan27
    1152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Frustration brings out the deepest "hidden" emotions, like being a racist. Nothing new.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This is like the BF4 Japanese crisis all over again.

Wonderful.
  • ragnarok013
    3033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Remember that in game conduct such as making racist text chat messages or VOIP messages are a violation of the EA Terms of Service and is punishable under them. If you see such behavior be sure to report it with linked evidence.
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember that in game conduct such as making racist text chat messages or VOIP messages are a violation of the EA Terms of Service and is punishable under them. If you see such behavior be sure to report it with linked evidence.

Cheers @ragnarok013

But where exactly do I do that? I’ve done it before and you can’t attach screens in origin. I’ve noted the server number and time in my reports when I’ve done these also.

For example, I recently did it for some pretty hardcore anti Semitism and I’ve seen the player since. Totally a WTF moment. I got screens if you like.
  • Matty101yttam
    862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    The problem with this is that the middlestep where people are doing things wrong aren't getting banned, the process of reporting them seems so ineffective that it brings into question the effect of reporting the proceeding racist backlash.
    It's a reactionary response as opposed to fixing the problem at it's source and only stops them from communicating their racism but it will also increase that resentment even more if they are banned, sure they'll have them off their platform but it contributes and cements that sentiment.