Was I ever wrong!

1789101113»

Comments

• StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Recently been playing BF4 again. Complete mess still. Only good point is my enemies are almost always visible even at distance.
    However, it is still far far far better than CoD .... this beta was terrible. All the bad things about CoD amplified by the chaotic randomness and maps which are poor.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Recently been playing BF4 again. Complete mess still. Only good point is my enemies are almost always visible even at distance.
    However, it is still far far far better than CoD .... this beta was terrible. All the bad things about CoD amplified by the chaotic randomness and maps which are poor.
    Yeah I played a lot of BF4, but sometimes think people only put it up on a pedestal because it was a modern game as opposed to WW1, WW2, etc.  It definitely had and has its share of faults (I always thought BF3 was a lot better).  But yeah 100% agree it's still leaps and bounds ahead of Activision's attempt at conquest in CoD MW Ground War mode.  Just all goes to remind you BF still has something very special if they would just polish it :(   
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 is one of those games where I will install it, play it for a bit, enjoy it for a bit, then go through the nonsense that made me stop playing it, and then uninstall it.

I've installed and uninstalled this game so many bloody times. I kind of like it and really hate it so much ... it's a contradictory mess ... XD

At least the game made a great comeback after DICE LA stepped in ... I'll always give it that.
  • trip1ex
    5332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    bf4 had Obliteration mode.  That made it for me.  And then it had the skycrapers.  And the scout copter.   atvs.  jet skis.  rubber speedboats. the bigger patrol boats.  fast tanks...  beacons, bigger maps still with air and ground vehicles, ...

But i admit without Obliteration not sure I would have played even close to as much BF4.  

Obliteration gave the franchise the objective mode it was missing.  A mode that filled in a lot of holes that their other modes had.   It was a 2 way mode.  One second you could be attacking  and next you could be defending.  KIlls didn't score team points so farming had its limits.  Battles, big battles, erupted all over the map wherever the bomb was.   In Conquest you'll get battles at same places most of the time.  Same with Rush and all these others.  With Obliteration battles were all over the place and then near the mcoms.    Getting to the bomb encouraged getting rides in vehicles and picking up other players.  Same with bringing the bombs to the targets.  The mode naturally allowed for comebacks because the more targets you blew up the fewer targets the defender had to defend.    And you had a chance to comeback in almost any match up to the last minute or two.  The mode had a knockout condition because it ended if you blew up all 3 targets.  This meant matches ended quick when one team was much better.  And matches last longer the more balanced the teams were.  This kept the game interesting.   And then the mode was played over the same size Conquest maps with both air and ground vehicles only with 32 players instead of 64.  This allowed the game to breathe and still had the full BF experience.  Also was a very strategic mode where positining yourself was very important and selecting the best target to transport the bomb to was very important.  It was a mode  that rewarded other skills besides being the ace shooter or tanker - the guy that can drive fast down the maps, make quick decisions about when to get the bomb, be alert to vehicles coming by to give you a ride,  being able to pilot the heli, jump out, grab the bomb and get back in the heli with the rotors still going full speed for a quick take off, knowing when to place your beacon to attack a target, knowing when you take a risk to blow up a target, all that stuff came into play.  ...unlike how most of the modes play out in BF where people just farm and then as a side play they grab a flag.  

• TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    (Quote)

It doesn’t need to, BFV has negatively impacted itself.

Psssss burn.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Time will be the real test for Ground War in MW. Once the veneer of hype wears off there will only be the game. We’ll see how Ground War develops over the next 6 months. Much depends on how it goes down with the COD players as to wether any resources go into fleshing it out and refining it.

• Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Time will be the real test for Ground War in MW. Once the veneer of hype wears off there will only be the game. We’ll see how Ground War develops over the next 6 months. Much depends on how it goes down with the COD players as to wether any resources go into fleshing it out and refining it.

Lots of fleshing out to do.  If it's trying to be like BF Conquest I'm not sure they can polish the beta version enough to get it there.  It just felt so disjointed and hectic - literally just the regular CoD game with more players and a slightly larger map.  Maybe, maybe they have better map offerings in the full release - and of course they can always make adjustments to the balancing/killstreaks.  But YIKES - like having everything wrong with CoD magnified and called "new".  But yeah, CoD as the player following and maybe they will pour more resources into fixing Ground War than DICE is currently pouring into fixing Grand Operations...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

That stolen artwork was ridiculous. I can't believe that Activision didn't catch that before it went public.

Oh well, I guess this issue will be resolved behind closed doors, but it does seem indicative of problems at Activision and Infinity Ward. The controversies are really starting to pile onto Modern Warfare, which is made all the worse by the fact that the game hasn't even launched yet.

It's a shame ... I really enjoyed the beta (except for the 32v32 mode), but I'm not too sure if I'll buy this game because of all of the crap surrounding it as of late.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

I don't see how this is anything new, has everyone forgot how microsoft bought out exclusivity for tomb raider for like a year, a whole game not a game mode.