Was I ever wrong!

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And for everyone saying it's the same old COD, question for ya. Should you not wait until they introduce the big gamemodes? I mean the only gamemodes available right now are small ones. And as is its worth a full price game for me. We won't see if it has the Battlefield feel until they show us the big maps with 20v20/32v32. I don't understand how anyone can say it's the same old COD without seeing those, unless you've been invited to Germany by Infinity Ward and tried them already.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1203 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And for everyone saying it's the same old COD, question for ya. Should you not wait until they introduce the big gamemodes? I mean the only gamemodes available right now are small ones. And as is its worth a full price game for me. We won't see if it has the Battlefield feel until they show us the big maps with 20v20/32v32. I don't understand how anyone can say it's the same old COD without seeing those, unless you've been invited to Germany by Infinity Ward and tried them already.

A lot of that is just countering the opposite arguments. So far all we have is CoD TDM with knobs on, what we have seen so far is nothing like even the worst battlefield bits of battlefield. We do need to see what they offer with the other modes but it has to be more of the same but with a few more players.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still the hypetrain is 50vs50 which is yet to be seen.  Whats the hold up?  I wouldn't even bother downloading the beta unless it was the 50vs50.  The hype train is 50vs50.  Yet cant hop aboard without seeing it first hand.  Also no destruction.  Cant smash buildings with a tank.  Just the same old COD other then more players finally crushed into a map. Heck that one guy said 20vs20 the map was to big.
    So was meant for 50vs50 but then were stuck with 20vs20 and tons of camping.  Also not so sure I would like slow movement.  That pretty much promotes camping cause people cant get from point A to point B fast.  Probably less players playing objectives.  Also tanks probably sitting far back down the streets stat padding K/D.  Then toss in the wild kills streaks.  I was tempted to get this but seems 50vs50 is MIA.
    Also is there even squads?  Or just 50 players on each side running around with their head cut off like a chicken?  Also COD always has tons of door jam campers.  If not them, then claymores.  People crying about bouncing Betties on ammo depots in BF5. Wait till they cram claymores into door jams on CODMW.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just to be clear, I have thousands of hours in at least 3 different BF games each. I dont believe it when I say I'm bored with BF. But starting with BF1, it has lost something since BF4. And for me, everything that was wrong BF1, is e landed on in BF5.

I’ve put many, many hours into every Battlefield game and I agree with you. Battlefield 1 was the fall of the franchise, and it’s still falling.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Still the hypetrain is 50vs50 which is yet to be seen.  Whats the hold up? 

Definition of beta -- noun :

...a nearly complete prototype of a product (such as software)
    the beta version
    also : a stage of development in which a product is nearly complete but not yet ready for release, released in beta

Also no destruction.  Cant smash buildings with a tank. 

...and? Is destruction supposed to be a high selling point for shooter games? I missed the memo. I'm glad theres no destruction and visual obstruction all over the maps.
     Also tanks probably sitting far back down the streets stat padding K/D.

This is worthless conjecture considering there are currently no tanks in the beta.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A few questions for ppl that have followed cod news closer then me.

-will vehicles be part of the game like in bf or are they killstreak call ins like a sturmtiger?

-will we be able to control planes and helos?

-how is ttk compared to bfv
  • yamurbina
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV might have some nice things like the destruction, visually it’s cool, but that’s nothing compared to all the wrong things this game has.
    Devs should stop fixing all this mess, delete the game, and create a better one from zero.

I’m not saying bfv is unsalvageable, but it’s been almost a year and it’s not the only game out there.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1203 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A few questions for ppl that have followed cod news closer then me.

-will vehicles be part of the game like in bf or are they killstreak call ins like a sturmtiger?

-will we be able to control planes and helos?

-how is ttk compared to bfv

Don't know if anyone can help with the first two but the ttk is quick, faster than BFV by a fair margin.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    thamac15 wrote: »
    Please elaborate I will wait for the beta on pc although I have a bloodbornestation4.

Tiny maps as usual.
    TTK and TTD is literally hardcore mode.
    Head glitching corner campers everywhere.
    It truly is the same old CoD crap.

No, and Just NO..
    Sometimes you have to be honest, now I will say that in the vehicles and HUGE MAP BATTLES, Battlefield is GOOD! BUT, for anyone missing medal of honor this game plays EXACTLY LIKE MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER AND MEDAL OF HONOR 2010
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

EXACTLY LIKE MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER AND MEDAL OF HONOR 2010
    If that's right, then it's good enough for me to play it. I had just as much fun in those games as in BF.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let me ask this to everyone in here, is destruction an objectively good or favorable mechanic to have?

IMO, it's not. It's neat, but when you're trying to create balanced maps and you have to take into account destruction and how it effects cover then you're adding an extra step in the process that doesn't always pan out. Or if you fail to account for it, then you create unbalanced maps that become turkey shoots.

I'll also add that BF1 and BFV has cured me of my love of combined arms warfare. Vehicles in those games are very lacking and they either make infantry gameplay annoying and/or vehicle gameplay boring. I can actually remember lots of times when I had duels with tanks as an Engi in previous games, but can't remember any in BF1, and especially in BFV where I just straight up forget that tanks are even part of the battles because they're so useless and unimportant. They're more set dressing than dangerous.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to repeat what's already been said bit I'll say so far I am too loving MW and I don't envision reinstalling BFV for a long time.

What's interesting is the COD community didn't like the removal of the radar so Infinity Ward brought it right back. I found this so interesting. In BFV you tweet a dev a question about a new feature or a removed feature to question it's addition or removal and they reply with something along the lines of 'Its a design decision'. They want YOU to play and enjoy the game how they want you to. You ask them about attrition or the insane amount of animations and they reply the same thing. Its design decisions made to hinder fun, but it's their decision and if you don't like it don't buy the game.

There's a hell of a lot of debate about things like the minimap in the CoD community. There's also a heap of insults being flung towards multiple sides here.

Do yourself a favour by staying away from the CoD community on Reddit ... it's more toxic than RS6 even.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing it now. Usual CoD cheese.

If you hate BFV for the ultra fast deaths- you going to hate it CoD.

If you hate too many snipers- just played several dozen SMALL maps, camping snipers AND quick scoping snipers abound. You’ll hate it. Worse than BFV.

If you were one of the snowflakey, hissy fit, easily triggered incel babies who spat your dummy cuz of women and ethnic minorities- your three SAS avatars made up of 2 women, a black dude. Immersion ruined!

If you hate the powerlessness and randomness of your deaths which are common in BFV (I recently went back to BF4 to give it a 2nd chance, full of endless kill farming chopper pilots, yawn) - CoD has insta death cruise missiles, helicopters, ohk claymores and mines.

I’ll hold out for final judgement when I see how terrible the maps are in the big mode. I’m predicting 40-50% snipers, and lame vehicles... worse than BFV, but I could be wrong. The few hours I played today have not worried me.

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Playing it now. Usual CoD cheese.

If you hate BFV for the ultra fast deaths- you going to hate it CoD.

If you hate too many snipers- just played several dozen SMALL maps, camping snipers AND quick scoping snipers abound. You’ll hate it. Worse than BFV.

If you were one of the snowflakey, hissy fit, easily triggered incel babies who spat your dummy cuz of women and ethnic minorities- your three SAS avatars made up of 2 women, a black dude. Immersion ruined!

If you hate the powerlessness and randomness of your deaths which are common in BFV (I recently went back to BF4 to give it a 2nd chance, full of endless kill farming chopper pilots, yawn) - CoD has insta death cruise missiles, helicopters, ohk claymores and mines.

I’ll hold out for final judgement when I see how terrible the maps are in the big mode. I’m predicting 40-50% snipers, and lame vehicles... worse than BFV, but I could be wrong. The few hours I played today have not worried me.

on the point of instadeaths.
    BFV has plenty of those i mean DICE even copied the "killstreaks" with their sad excuse of "reinforcements".
    i mean the V1/JB-2 can be compared to what the Predator missle was in MW2 at least on terms of scale.
    gunplay in BFV favors the stationary "defender" more then ever and we had for the longest time the AP-mine plague but instead of one beign enough they went back to placing two so close you die anyways.
    i don't give a rats **** for authenticity inWW2 BFV is just a bad game ontop of misrepresenting history. they could've gone and given us russian female combatans or make resistant fighters the female character model but they rather bash you with a slegdehammer named "political corectness" i mean they clearly don't care for authenticity in the game.
    if BFV were a decent to good game COD might have a harder time but you can already praise the new cod by simply not being a pile of broken features and bugriddled corpse of a franchise that used to be about quality not quantity. but hey maybe criterion will take over for DICE they made a better job in the BR then DICE in the base game....
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Far too much common sense for this forum!
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played some rounds of the Beta with some members of my Platoon yesterday, had a hard time convincing them to give it a try (most stopped playing CoD after CoD 2 and went to BF), but they really loved it, especially HQ mode ... and they can't wait to try out the 32 vs 32 modes and vehicles.

If Dice does not fix the major issues with BF V fast, I think my Platoon has a new game.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Still the hypetrain is 50vs50 which is yet to be seen.  Whats the hold up? 

Definition of beta -- noun :

...a nearly complete prototype of a product (such as software)
    the beta version
    also : a stage of development in which a product is nearly complete but not yet ready for release, released in beta

Also no destruction.  Cant smash buildings with a tank. 

...and? Is destruction supposed to be a high selling point for shooter games? I missed the memo. I'm glad theres no destruction and visual obstruction all over the maps.
     Also tanks probably sitting far back down the streets stat padding K/D.

This is worthless conjecture considering there are currently no tanks in the beta.
    Well the hype is 50vs50.  Yet they wont even have it in the beta.  So that should say something.  I wouldn't preorder it at all till I see it first hand.  Also no destruction means campers are safe hiding like usual in COD.  Besides quick scope snipers and all.  That was the down fall of COD 4 at the end in XBOX 360.  Also killstreaks promotes camping.  Cause you need the streaks.  Not like BF5 where the call ins are just squad points piled up. 
    Also is there any squads?  Or is it push to talk?  50 players talking all at once would give me a headache.  Also i'm sure most the maps aren't even planned out nicely for tankers. Other then tight corridor maps with narrow streets.  Also no destruction means tanks wont get to drive and smash through a building.  Most likely stuck on any object in the game as well.  Even missile killstreak strike would be useless for all the campers in buildings as well.  Also with 100 players means battle royale will be in the pipeline as well.  Yuck.  But have fun and enjoy.
    Oh and the highest killstreak is a nuke yet again.  *YAWN*
  • JediMastaWyn
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A very polished Beta, but I have played enough to thankfully be reminded why I dislike COD esqe style maps. The play area felt far too small, (stuck to domination) far too many corridors, nooks and cranny's to fire from or be fired apon. Lack of destruction, lack of recoil also accelerated the funneled hectic nature of the game! 

50 vs 50 will be interesting to see, will they build a large rat maze or a proper strategic location as someone said tanks that cannot destroy buildings. What's the point?? 
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    50 vs 50 was being tested a few month ago and Activision have never stated it’s a definite game mode!