Online population right now PC

Juampa777
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited September 13

Hi guys, how big is the online population right now on PC?

Should i buy this game? i want online games with big future on the online mode, if the game is dying slowly maybe a i'm not interested

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of players is big enough unless you live in some distant region. In EU there are plenty of full servers for each mode.
  • Zviko0
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Big enough. Last patch was great, next patch is looking good and Pacific is coming soon. No need to worry about population imo.
  • Juampa777
    No one knows as DICE do not share the figures. I'm guessing low and poor retention.

Server removals, game-mode removals say it all

but ... is it enough to keep the game alive? I want this game, but I don't want to waste money

• MrCamp121
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Juampa777 wrote: »
    No one knows as DICE do not share the figures. I'm guessing low and poor retention.

but ... is it enough to keep the game alive? I want this game, but I don't want to waste money

If you want your sanity...dont bother lol
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA/DICE for the first time are keeping the online numbers a secret.

You should probably wait until December. The game should have new content then and you should be able to tell if it has a future.
  • krliathbirdeate
    275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    save it for modern warfare
  • ChickenTheTank
    248 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi guys, how big is the online population right now on PC?

Should i buy this game? i want online games with big future on the online mode, if the game is dying slowly maybe a i'm not interested

If you can get it on sale, do it. Otherwise your money is better spent on a couple months EA access. You'll get BF5, plus a bunch of other stuff, and it'll give you time to decide if you want it permanently
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You could of course flush your money down the toilet. It’s basically the same thing.
  • NN_Buzz12
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good luck with the game. I quit for several reasons. One of the reasons I quit can’t even be discussed because they’ll lock the post. That alone should tell you how well this game is being managed. Rather than fix the problem they stifle their paying customer base.

I gave them my money and they gave me a crappy unfinished game.
  • TFBisquit
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bought it on sale, just to see if my old pc could run it at 100fps.
    I really didn't like the beta, but the game is ok'ísh. On the downside you will have many deaths that feel wrong or unjustified.
    Whether they really are is totally besides the point, the feeling is real, and occurs quite frequent.
    It also explains the negativity you find in many threads.
    So is that because of the bugs and likes? I doubt that, imo it's just the nature of this game.
    So buy it at your own risk, and be prepared to get frustrated on many occasions.
    -
    As for population, in europe I estimate a couple of thousand per platform, give or take a few.
  • Juampa777

I am not an expert but ... call of duty games have never been successful on pc, The player base on this platform its very small

• TFBisquit
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Juampa777 said:

I am not an expert but ... call of duty games have never been successful on pc, The player base on this platform its very small

It was always bigger than battlefield games, on pc. Maybe you meant to write something else?
  • Juampa777
    edited September 13
    TFBisquit said:
    Juampa777 said:

It was always bigger than battlefield games, on pc. Maybe you meant to write something else?
    I have checked the number of online steam players in each call of duty and all those games have very low playerbase
  • Toxic_CA
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Well the new one has cross play so there you go
  • VincentNZ
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Juampa777 said:

You can check it out on EA access for 5$ for a month and look for yourself.