GOW5 and BL3 impacting on BFV server population?

SlowOldWarrior
425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited September 13
I'm guessing at least a 5-10% player count drop directly related to those games, with an upcoming 50% drop with the new COD release - there were a lot fewer Conquest servers this morning.  I'm not looking forward to playing on euro servers, especially since the latest & greatest "ping" patch.

Sad days indeed.

Comments

• BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always check the servers on PS4 when I play to try and see how things are going.

Two weeks ago on PS4 there where 100+ servers running conquest which is up from about 70 odd, about two months ago.

85 today, I think 72 a few days ago.

• AssassinoX1
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With Gears 5, BL3, Ghost Recon and MW (that I can think of) I really expect this game to take a continuous hit in population. It will spike when the Pacific releases but if the game issues are not ironed out by THEN, I think there is no coming back for this game.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    New games will hurt the numbers. Improving the game might bring some back, Dice should try it.
  • jroggs
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think Gears would do much damage to BFV's player count. Borderlands, maybe a bit more. CoD is the one who I expect to really take a bite, as well as shaking free even more players who go back to BF3 or BF4 to scratch that modern combat itch.

Got the MW beta weekend tomorrow for PS4, hopefully this will give a better look at how much (and how well) they encroach on BF's turf.
  • TFBisquit
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmmpf, just the tow already shows the flaws in this game. Having to play out of character, while doing assignments that are repetitive and not fun to do at all in this manner.
    I believe any new game released will draw some players away. Bit by bit. Doesn't require the ones named here. Although I'm curious for BL3 and MW.
  • SirSpectacle
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good riddance
  • SlowOldWarrior
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good riddance
    I generally like players in my multi-player games.  Maybe you like playing with yourself?
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Completely speculative post with no real basis or actual displayed stats.

An upcoming 50% drop... bold statement. After watching the streams this week I went from quite interested to meh. On the flip side the potential of 4 pacific maps, metro and Al Sundan has me interested.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well you can either play this game with Broken Servers,ping and more or other games that actually work.
  • Titan_Awaken
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is a question that cannot be definitively quantified, much less answered with the current data available to the public. 

Both games (which are very impressive by the way), will have an impact on the player count on this game and rightfully so because this game has been nothing but a steady stream of disappointment for me personally. There's been a slew of great games released this year with the two most recent mentioned above so there's no real reason for the average, "play for fun", casual player like me to stick around in such a stagnant game. 

I'd wager that most of the players still playing this game are dedicated fans of this franchise who frankly aren't really interested in other games (not saying there's anything wrong with that at all) and as such the drop in player count should be minimal. This is all speculation, however.

• sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well you can either play this game with Broken Servers,ping and more or other games that actually work.

GOW5 and BL3 are great games but do not interest me for my online multiplayer.

COD is in beta on console. I don’t even think I’ll try the PC beta unless the rest of my clan do.

The ping issue, while annoying doesn’t break the game for me.