Is there any viable weapons besides the stg 44,stg 1-5, Thompson, suomi or Lewis gun?

«13
evandro29
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
There's literally no point in using other weapons from this classes unless you want to get melted left and right and rage

Comments

  • SlowOldWarrior
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are, depending upon the map size and vehicle presence.   However, those are among the best if you averaged all the maps.
  • M_Rat13
    892 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are definitely some underrated guns though. Bren, FG42, ZH-29, Selb 1906, MP28, Commando Carbine (silent assassin), and probably more I'm forgetting. 
  • evandro29
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    There are definitely some underrated guns though. Bren, FG42, ZH-29, Selb 1906, MP28, Commando Carbine (silent assassin), and probably more I'm forgetting. 

    Commando carbine? Is this some kind of joke? On a game where rpm is meta using bolt action rifles is a huge disadvantage, the commando and m28 are pure trash on this game
  • M_Rat13
    892 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    evandro29 said:
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    There are definitely some underrated guns though. Bren, FG42, ZH-29, Selb 1906, MP28, Commando Carbine (silent assassin), and probably more I'm forgetting. 

    Commando carbine? Is this some kind of joke? On a game where rpm is meta using bolt action rifles is a huge disadvantage, the commando and m28 are pure trash on this game

    That's why I added a little extra, about it being a silent assassin. Up front, sure, plenty of better weapons, but on a sneaky flank, especially with smoke to escape, no weapon comes close. You can't fight what you can't hear.
  • Noodlesocks
    2755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FG42 is crazy good. Only drawback being its small clip. Ribeyerolles is basically a laser gun and the Turner SMLE with 1x sight and 20 round specialisation is pretty much a point and click adventure.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    evandro29 said:
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    There are definitely some underrated guns though. Bren, FG42, ZH-29, Selb 1906, MP28, Commando Carbine (silent assassin), and probably more I'm forgetting. 

    Commando carbine? Is this some kind of joke? On a game where rpm is meta using bolt action rifles is a huge disadvantage, the commando and m28 are pure trash on this game
    Again, map dependent, and role specific - if you can flank in a grind funnel (Narvik bridge), you can hide and absolutely kill enemies one after the other while prone and hidden 20 ft behind them with the Commando carbine.  

    But yeah, rarely useful.
  • evandro29
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)


    That's why I added a little extra, about it being a silent assassin. Up front, sure, plenty of better weapons, but on a sneaky flank, especially with smoke to escape, no weapon comes close. You can't fight what you can't hear.

    Thing is literally nobody uses it
  • evandro29
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FG42 is crazy good. Only drawback being its small clip. Ribeyerolles is basically a laser gun and the Turner SMLE with 1x sight and 20 round specialisation is pretty much a point and click adventure.

    I prefer using 3x scopes on this game since visibility is garbage but im gonna give it a try
  • BenBit13
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really, most of the assault guns are good. Like the turner, the (Sturm-) Gewehr 1-5, M1A1 or the m1907sf. The medic also has the zk, mab and mp40 which are all pretty good. For the sniper we have the zh-29 which is pretty much op and the other slrs which are slightly worse but still really good and the gewehr 95 and the krag are also good (if you have good aim). Don't play much support so can't comment on that.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, platform matters - semi-autos are much better with a mouse, not so much for us console peasants (although, no cheater rage).
  • Noodlesocks
    2755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    evandro29 said:
    FG42 is crazy good. Only drawback being its small clip. Ribeyerolles is basically a laser gun and the Turner SMLE with 1x sight and 20 round specialisation is pretty much a point and click adventure.

    I prefer using 3x scopes on this game since visibility is garbage but im gonna give it a try
    I find 3x scopes too slow to aim and too much kick. 1x is super quick to aim and practically no recoil which I find really useful for semi auto rifles.
  • evandro29
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BenBit13 wrote: »
    Not really, most of the assault guns are good. Like the turner, the (Sturm-) Gewehr 1-5, M1A1 or the m1907sf. The medic also has the zk, mab and mp40 which are all pretty good. For the sniper we have the zh-29 which is pretty much op and the other slrs which are slightly worse but still really good and the gewehr 95 and the krag are also good (if you have good aim). Don't play much support so can't comment on that.

    I have to disagree with the mp40,only thing good about it is accuracy, if u go in a gunfight with someone with a higher rpm smg u gonna lose 10 out of 10 times unless your enemy has bad aim, even the higher rpm smgs (Thompson and suomi) are accurate for medium range, I would only use a mp40 if I wanted to play as a medic and get in long range gunfights
  • evandro29
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also, platform matters - semi-autos are much better with a mouse, not so much for us console peasants (although, no cheater rage).

    Yeah, I play on ps4 I forgot to tell, aim assist also makes a big difference
  • SirTerrible
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Basically everything on Assault is usable, same with Support minus the MMGs.
  • M_Rat13
    892 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Basically everything on Assault is usable, same with Support minus the MMGs.

    I'd say shotguns are an acquired taste though. Oh, and don't forget the skill cannons that are scout semi autos.
  • jroggs
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you think a weapon is bad, try switching some stuff around with it with playstyle, specs, or sights. I hated the M1907, thought its recoil and accuracy were trash, then I switched from irons to the Nydar optic and it's suddenly amazing.
  • BrianLocal1
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I have good results with all automatic weapons:  ARs, smgs, and lmgs.  I havn't used the suomi or thompson much though since I prefer to engage at ranges.
  • TFBisquit
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    If you think a weapon is bad, try switching some stuff around with it with playstyle, specs, or sights. I hated the M1907, thought its recoil and accuracy were trash, then I switched from irons to the Nydar optic and it's suddenly amazing.
    It's quite fun to play that setup. Still requires a certain playstyle, but actually fun to use.
    Especially against the high rof gun runners.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most guns are viable if you've got the skill to use them.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Laughs in Shannon Sharpe.

    Give me the mg42, s2-200, m1922, ribeye, fg42, bren, 1907, emp, mp40, mp28, zk, zh29, m1a1 and shotguns on certain maps.
Sign In or Register to comment.