Planes are hit marker machines

ManicBro
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 14
Both plane on plane and plane on infantry combat is possibly the most boring, irritating thing I've experienced in a video game. Firstly, bomber pilots (and to a lesser extent Stuka pilots) switching seats to the back gunner is stupid. It means that the fighter behind has next to no chance and has to back off, allowing the bomber to repair. Secondly, anything below 500-pound bombs seem to do next to no damage, the bombs are just hit marker machines. 

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While I do agree that air combat on the whole is not as fun as past titles I just can't agree that fighter planes are weak.

If a bomber/Stuka pilot switches seats you can pull back and rinse them long range, loop around them and shoot them from above, relocate between angles and make it difficult for them to hit you while you melt them or accelerate and drop a bomb on them or fire rockets. Switching to the back seat is all but a death sentence in this game.

The smaller bombs need more of a direct hit on infantry but with practice they're pretty effective. You can also disable tanks with them quite reliably.